BOOM! Thanks dems! I truly appreciate it!

CRA was proposed by Dems and signed by Carter. It tried to end redlining by banks so WORTHY minorities in bad areas could get mortgages. It wasn't until 2003 that unworthy clients were able to get loans from corrupt GOP crony private lenders under corrupt crony Booooshie regulators. Great job!

That's what you get if your main source of information is Comedy Central. Republicans were fighting for Civil Rights since Republican party, while Democrats were always on opposite side).

Every single CRA proposed by Republicans was to eliminate racist Democrat's policies (slavery, segregation, lynching, voting rights, Jim Crow laws).

Civil Rights Act of 1866 - proposed by republicans, vetoed by Andrew Johnson (D).
Civil Rights Act of 1875 - proposed by republicans, signed by Ulysses Grant (R). Overturned by SCOTUS in 1883 and led to Jim Crow laws enforced by democrats.
Civil Rights Act of 1957 - proposed by republicans, signed by Dwight Eisenhower (R). (House vote: Republicans 167–19, Democrats 118–107; Senate vote: Republicans 43–0, Democrats 29–18)
Civil Rights Act of 1960 - proposed by republicans, signed by Dwight Eisenhower (R). (House vote: Republicans 132–15, Democrats 179–93; Senate vote: Republicans 35–0, Democrats 47–18)

Civil Rights Act of 1964 - proposed by Kennedy (D) (extension of CRA from 1957 and 1960), signed by Lyndon Johnson (D) who opposed every previous CRA act. (House vote: Republicans 136–35, Democrats 153–91; Senate vote: Republicans 27–6, Democrats 46–21).
Oh, THAT CRA. And of course LBJ and the Dem CRA of 1964 was what sent all the racist Southern conservatives over to the New BS GOP where they are today. Read some history ferchissake...

Since you know history, it wont be a problem for you to name five racist Democrats who switched the side to racist Republican party.

I asked you that earlier, but you either ignored it, or you can't find five names. Which one is it?
They died off and/or were replaced by racist GOPers DUHHHH. 1966-1980....

You said: "CRA of 1964 was what sent all the racist Southern conservatives (democrats) over to the New BS GOP where they are today."

"sent all"

Provide five names of those who switched the party. Let me help you:
1. Strom Thurmond

Fill the blanks.
Hmmm, besides Thurmond since the start of the civil rights movement
Trent Lott
Phil Gramm
Richard Shelby
Ronald Reagan

After the mid 60's, southern whites started voting Republican and it has been that way ever since.

R's will regret it if they use the nuclear option...

Shrug. Possibly.

In the meantime they should steamroll everything they've ever wanted right through Congress, and tie up the Senate rules with such convolutions the Dems would be paralyzed should they regain the majority.

I really don't know what they're waiting for.
Sure, but if the dems get the majority back, they can simply institute new rules and steamroll everything they want. Sauce for the gander.

Steamroll the Democrats properly now, and they won't get a majority back,
I suppose they could simply outlaw all political opposition with a simple majority vote. Wouldn't put it past the authoritarian bastards.

That's what you get if your main source of information is Comedy Central. Republicans were fighting for Civil Rights since Republican party, while Democrats were always on opposite side).

Every single CRA proposed by Republicans was to eliminate racist Democrat's policies (slavery, segregation, lynching, voting rights, Jim Crow laws).

Civil Rights Act of 1866 - proposed by republicans, vetoed by Andrew Johnson (D).
Civil Rights Act of 1875 - proposed by republicans, signed by Ulysses Grant (R). Overturned by SCOTUS in 1883 and led to Jim Crow laws enforced by democrats.
Civil Rights Act of 1957 - proposed by republicans, signed by Dwight Eisenhower (R). (House vote: Republicans 167–19, Democrats 118–107; Senate vote: Republicans 43–0, Democrats 29–18)
Civil Rights Act of 1960 - proposed by republicans, signed by Dwight Eisenhower (R). (House vote: Republicans 132–15, Democrats 179–93; Senate vote: Republicans 35–0, Democrats 47–18)

Civil Rights Act of 1964 - proposed by Kennedy (D) (extension of CRA from 1957 and 1960), signed by Lyndon Johnson (D) who opposed every previous CRA act. (House vote: Republicans 136–35, Democrats 153–91; Senate vote: Republicans 27–6, Democrats 46–21).
Oh, THAT CRA. And of course LBJ and the Dem CRA of 1964 was what sent all the racist Southern conservatives over to the New BS GOP where they are today. Read some history ferchissake...

Since you know history, it wont be a problem for you to name five racist Democrats who switched the side to racist Republican party.

I asked you that earlier, but you either ignored it, or you can't find five names. Which one is it?
They died off and/or were replaced by racist GOPers DUHHHH. 1966-1980....

You said: "CRA of 1964 was what sent all the racist Southern conservatives (democrats) over to the New BS GOP where they are today."

"sent all"

Provide five names of those who switched the party. Let me help you:
1. Strom Thurmond

Fill the blanks.
Hmmm, besides Thurmond since the start of the civil rights movement
Trent Lott
Phil Gramm
Richard Shelby
Ronald Reagan

After the mid 60's, southern whites started voting Republican and it has been that way ever since.

Are you saying that Reagan was one of those southern racist conservatives that switched sides? None of those you mentioned have nothing to do with question I asked, or for the reason that francoHFW stated. By the way...

Trent Lott became Republican in 1972.
Phil Gramm became Republican in 1983.
Richard Shelby became Republican in 1994.

You got the picture. I hope.

Shrug. Possibly.

In the meantime they should steamroll everything they've ever wanted right through Congress, and tie up the Senate rules with such convolutions the Dems would be paralyzed should they regain the majority.

Sure, but if the dems get the majority back, they can simply institute new rules and steamroll everything they want. Sauce for the gander.

You're a fool if you think that is realistic. Read a history book

I have read more history books than you have functional brain cells.

Shrug. Possibly.

I suppose they could simply outlaw all political opposition with a simple majority vote. Wouldn't put it past the authoritarian bastards.

Who is promulgating all the violence in the streets? Simply declare the Democratic Party a terrorist organization, and treat them as such.

And don't whine about single party rule. There are about 35 other political parties. One would rise in it's place.

Shrug. Possibly.

You don't display any intellect when you make predictions like you do. You're delusional if you don't think the Dems will ever be back in power. Especially after such a narrow republican victory and tidal wave of controversy and failures during the first few months of Republican leadership. Try joining reality

Shrug. Possibly.

You don't display any intellect when you make predictions like you do. You're delusional if you don't think the Dems will ever be back in power. Especially after such a narrow republican victory and tidal wave of controversy and failures during the first few months of Republican leadership. Try joining reality

Reality is that all things are possible in politics. There is no more fickle a business.

Reality is that all things are possible in politics. There is no more fickle a business.
Agreed, anything is possible but looking at history and our current political atmosphere, your theory is highly improbable. It's funny that you follow up from that nonsense by calling me stupid. Thanks for the laugh though. You're funny, I'll give you that

Agreed, anything is possible but looking at history and our current political atmosphere, your theory is highly improbable. It's funny that you follow up from that nonsense by calling me stupid. Thanks for the laugh though. You're funny, I'll give you that

"You don't display any intellect ... You're delusional ... Try joining reality ..."

Forum List

Back