Border Adjustment Tax Is Worthy of Support

Since protectionist is suffering from willful blindness, I will post Trump's own words again:

"Anytime I hear border adjustment, I don't love it."

“Under the border adjustment concept, if somebody is making a motorcycle or a plane in our country, they’re getting a credit for the plane they make before they send it over to wherever it’s going,” he said. “And you don’t need that plus lower taxes and everything else.

"And it's too complicated. They get credit on some parts and not other parts. Where was the part made? I don’t want that. I just want it nice and simple.”

Donald Trump Warns on House Republican Tax Plan

"Forcing them to return to the US"

Does that include what's listed in the link in my signature?

Go ahead cupcake. Explain why you believe those jobs should no be in the US.

[emoji849]

Why would I be explaining why "those jobs should no be in the US" ?, when I believe they SHOULD be in the US (which is why I support Trump's tariff positions)..
You are incredibly backward looking. You want to train our kids to do the jobs of yesterday. You want them making T-shirts instead of preparing for the jobs of tomorrow.

That's the central problem with protectionism. It's a huge drag on progress.

Considering Obama determined sitting at home watching television was a job, any "real" job would be an improvement.

[emoji849]

Why would I be explaining why "those jobs should no be in the US" ?, when I believe they SHOULD be in the US (which is why I support Trump's tariff positions)..
You are incredibly backward looking. You want to train our kids to do the jobs of yesterday. You want them making T-shirts instead of preparing for the jobs of tomorrow.

Considering Obama determined sitting at home watching television was a job, any "real" job would be an improvement.
We are at full employment right now.

[emoji849]

Except for the millions that are not.
Current U-6 Unemployment Rate

Domestic high tech industries are having an extremely difficult time finding people who have the necessary skills to fill their open positions.

THAT is where we should be focusing. Training our workforce for tomorrow's jobs, not yesterday's low skilled jobs.

I say again, 88 percent of lost manufacturing jobs are never coming back. They did not go overseas. They were replaced by technology.

The idea our politicians are going to be bringing those jobs back from overseas is a hoax. You were sold a bill of goods.

Stop looking backward, and start demanding your kids be educated for tomorrow's jobs.

[emoji849]

You seem to be completely unaware of the fact the U-6 rate is now back to where it was before the crash.

U-6 is now as low as the boom times of the Clinton and Bush Administrations.

It just doesn't get any better, folks.

You seem to be completely unaware of the fact the U-6 rate is now back to where it was before the crash.

Evidently you're ok with leaving millions out of work...

u6_1994_2017.jpg

Evidently you're ok with leaving millions out of work...
Evidently you don't know it can never be zero. This is exactly why your propagandists show you snapshots of U-6 without any historical perspective. They absolutely depend on your ignorance.

This is as good as it gets, and it kills you to admit it after the tards spent years trying to find reasons to whine as UE went down and the stock market went up during Obama's Administration.

Before he was elected, Trump said the real UE was 42 percent. Days after he was inaugurated, he took credit for the low UE.

The stench of hypocrisy is ripe on Trump and his Chumps.

For the past quarter of a century, U-6 has been lower than it is right now only very briefly.

During the Clinton Administration.

For most of the past quarter century, U-6 has been much higher.

Stop drinking the piss being poured for you by liars, hypocrites, and deceivers.

For the past quarter of a century, U-6 has been lower than it is right now only very briefly.

Stop drinking the piss being poured for you by liars, hypocrites, and deceivers.

Ok, if the smoke and mirrors BS works for you, have at it. Understandably, the U6 is going lower due to more people going back to work. Unfortunately during the Obama years they typically used the U3 numbers which is a much lower percentage due to only counting the number of people actually on unemployment. Fall off of unemployment, guess what, numbers are looking good. Hence the smoke and mirrors BS from Obama and the left.

Ok, if the smoke and mirrors BS works for you, have at it. Understandably, the U6 is going lower due to more people going back to work. Unfortunately during the Obama years they typically used the U3 numbers which is a much lower percentage due to only counting the number of people actually on unemployment. Fall off of unemployment, guess what, numbers are looking good. Hence the smoke and mirrors BS from Obama and the left.
During EVERY Administration they use the U-3 numbers, and so hack pseudocon tards needed to find something to whine about when it fell.

Domestic high tech industries are having an extremely difficult time finding people who have the necessary skills to fill their open positions.

THAT is where we should be focusing. Training our workforce for tomorrow's jobs, not yesterday's low skilled jobs.
HA HA HA. Standard high-tech company :bsflag: line. What else is new ? :rolleyes:

When there's a labor shortage, wages are high. But they aren't. They're lower than ever. Why ? Because it's what the low-wage Indians are willing to work for. So they do.

HA HA HA. Standard high-tech company :bsflag: line. What else is new ? :rolleyes:

When there's a labor shortage, wages are high. But they aren't. They're lower than ever. Why ? Because it's what the low-wage Indians are willing to work for. So they do.
You've been consistently wrong throughout this topic. So why not just keep going, right?

The top 10 most difficult tech jobs for companies to fill

Competition is especially fierce for skilled tech workers in Mass.

It’s not uncommon for skilled tech workers in Boston to receive 20 phone calls per day from hiring recruiters, luring them to other companies with promises of better pay, flexible work hours, or even perks like rooftop decks and basketball courts, The Boston Globe reports.

That’s because the demand for tech talent has never been this dire.

Did you say low wages? Not in the tech industry:

While this growth is great for software developers and network engineers fresh out of college who stand to make starting salaries upwards of $90,000, it’s creating a hiring crunch that is affecting more than just startups and tech companies.

I say again, 88 percent of lost manufacturing jobs are never coming back. They did not go overseas. They were replaced by technology.

The idea our politicians are going to be bringing those jobs back from overseas is a hoax. You were sold a bill of goods.

Stop looking backward, and start demanding your kids be educated for tomorrow's jobs.
Off topic. The thread is about THOSE PARTICULAR JOBS that DID go overseas. Got it ?

If automation is your issue, I'd guess you can find your way to the START NEW THREAD button.

Train our kids for the jobs of tomorrow, not the low skilled low paying jobs of yesterday.

Protectionism has never worked. It is backward looking and self-defeating.

Off topic. The thread is about THOSE PARTICULAR JOBS that DID go overseas. Got it ?

If automation is your issue, I'd guess you can find your way to the START NEW THREAD button.
Actually this topic is about the Border Adjustment Tax. And you are wrong that Trump supports it.

Forum List

Back