Boston to start offering free sunscreen from dispensers around the city

People should be able to buy their own but where is the joy in that.
Better to get free stuff from government because that's what government is there for.
Right Libs?

Well look at the bright side,now maybe they can afford birth control. ;)

The bright side is that the government now decides what kind of sunscreen you use. You can buy your own, but as more and more people use free sunscreen the companies selling the product has fewer and fewer customers.

Sounds like a great idea. It will hopefully prevent sunburn and ultimately some forms of skin cancer.

I'm sure there is a downside to this someone will think up.

Aside from the fact it's a complete waste of tax dollars?

"The dispensers cost between $100 and $200, O’Malley says, so the ultimate price tag could be close to $50,000 — but not to the taxpayers. The dispensers are a public-private partnership including the Melanoma Foundation of New England and Make Big Change, both organizations that fight skin cancer. The foundation is covering the cost of the dispensers, according to a press release, and Making Big Change provides the dispenser units; it has also been placing them in New Hampshire beaches and parks."

Note From A Civilized City Boston Parks To Offer Dispensers Of Free Sunscreen CommonHealth

Stop arguing.

Just another attempt by a govt. to show how it cares for it's people, what a shame....
I know this is a novel idea.......but how about people learning to take care of themselves? ..... :cool:
When has that ever happened?

One of the reasons so many fail in doing so, is they lack the skills to do so because the nanny state does not expect them to.
I guess everyone with skin cancer was negligent...

You can pick up a bottle of sunscreen at Walmart for about $6.00 dollars probably cheaper at a dollar store. Can people really not manage this on their own?

As long as the government does everything but rub it on their face for them, why should they bother ?

The government is the entity here that is irresponsible, because they set people up to fail if the training wheels are ever removed.

"The dispensers cost between $100 and $200, O’Malley says, so the ultimate price tag could be close to $50,000 — but not to the taxpayers. The dispensers are a public-private partnership including the Melanoma Foundation of New England and Make Big Change, both organizations that fight skin cancer. The foundation is covering the cost of the dispensers, according to a press release, and Making Big Change provides the dispenser units; it has also been placing them in New Hampshire beaches and parks."

Note From A Civilized City Boston Parks To Offer Dispensers Of Free Sunscreen CommonHealth

Stop arguing.
How nice of them.....

You can pick up a bottle of sunscreen at Walmart for about $6.00 dollars probably cheaper at a dollar store. Can people really not manage this on their own?

As long as the government does everything but rub it on their face for them, why should they bother ?

The government is the entity here that is irresponsible, because they set people up to fail if the training wheels are ever removed.
I'm glad you finally told us a little about yourself...

Sunscreen isn't enough. The public should be provided help in applying it. You can't expect the poor to put sunscreen on their own backs.

Just another attempt by a govt. to show how it cares for it's people, what a shame....

If the people in government care for it's people so much then let them use their own money to express their care.

If the government truly cared about the well being of the people, they would stop training them to fail as individuals.
Remember though, it's easier to herd sheep, than to chase down the independent rams.

I know this is a novel idea.......but how about people learning to take care of themselves? ..... :cool:
When has that ever happened?

One of the reasons so many fail in doing so, is they lack the skills to do so because the nanny state does not expect them to.
I guess everyone with skin cancer was negligent...

Well hell then, how about the government just give us all indoor jobs so we'll be out of the sun in the first place ?
Or better yet, lets just have the government outlaw white skin which is more vulnerable to the sun.
Maybe the government should just have blackface dispensers, and we'll not only reduce skin cancer, but we can end white privilege at the same time !

Shouldn't parents, family and churches, where it applies, be teaching self sufficiency? Government is there exactly when and because a need is not resolved otherwise.

I shudder to think what people will ask the government to help them with if they start setting up free condom dispensers.

I shudder to think what people will ask the government to help them with if they start setting up free condom dispensers.

It's amazing people are bragging about this. they are saying. People aren't frikken smart enough to get out of the sun or purchase their own sunscreen.

this is how we become RULED over

Best thread ever

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
certainly shows their Sunday sunny disposition after church.....

I don't attend, nor am I a member of any church. I am agnostic, and I'm sorry if you're offended that I expect people to take care of little things like their own kid's breakfast, and lunch, and stupid shit like this sunscreen story.

If you think it should be someone else's job, maybe you could volunteer to man one of the sunscreen stations, and apply the product for the peasants, since you apparently don't have any faith in people to take care of themselves.

Best thread ever

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
certainly shows their Sunday sunny disposition after church.....

I don't attend, nor am I a member of any church. I am agnostic, and I'm sorry if you're offended that I expect people to take care of little things like their own kid's breakfast, and lunch, and stupid shit like this sunscreen story.

If you think it should be someone else's job, maybe you could volunteer to man one of the sunscreen stations, and apply the product for the peasants, since you apparently don't have any faith in people to take care of themselves.
Never look a gift horse in the mouth...

It's shocking they're not out there now.
Give the Dims a few more years, they'll figure it out.

Forum List

Back