Boston to start offering free sunscreen from dispensers around the city

It's all very well making a big deal about issues such as this, but Hussein Obama would be well advised to devote his last year in power to more important subjects such as fighting militant Islam and making certain that Iran never gets the bomb.

It's all smoke and mirrors and stupidity with this sick Administration.
How does donated sun screen have anything to do with Oblama?

Everything has to do with that moron.

Lord ..I hate him.

You can pick up a bottle of sunscreen at Walmart for about $6.00 dollars probably cheaper at a dollar store. Can people really not manage this on their own?

In a leftist mecca nobody can manage anything on their own. The government must make all their decisions for them.

It's all very well making a big deal about issues such as this, but Hussein Obama would be well advised to devote his last year in power to more important subjects such as fighting militant Islam and making certain that Iran never gets the bomb.

It's all smoke and mirrors and stupidity with this sick Administration.
How does donated sun screen have anything to do with Oblama?

Everything has to do with that moron.

Lord ..I hate him.
Do you blame him for Aunt Flo?

It's a great idea. Most people don't carry sunscreen with them. It's a cheap way to help prevent skin cancer; which will save money in the long run on medical costs.

But the of course the right-wing loons are crying about it. Oh how they love their fellow man.
Well..it is $6 a tube.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

nothing like a NANNY government

soon they'll be offering to wipe your ass. of course they will tell you it has to be with ONE SHEET of toilet paper.

they must have all kinds of magic money trees growing around that city. JUST WOW
Ever heard of public toilets, the government already provides toilet paper, and plastic bags for doggie waste, so what's the issue with sunscreen?
there seems to be a difference between taking a shit and pissing compared to fucking sunscreen...maybe its just me....

It's a great idea. Most people don't carry sunscreen with them. It's a cheap way to help prevent skin cancer; which will save money in the long run on medical costs.

But the of course the right-wing loons are crying about it. Oh how they love their fellow man.
Well..it is $6 a tube.

dont worry jed will pay for it....

nothing like a NANNY government

soon they'll be offering to wipe your ass. of course they will tell you it has to be with ONE SHEET of toilet paper.

they must have all kinds of magic money trees growing around that city. JUST WOW
Ever heard of public toilets, the government already provides toilet paper, and plastic bags for doggie waste, so what's the issue with sunscreen?
there seems to be a difference between taking a shit and pissing compared to fucking sunscreen...maybe its just me....
Germany charges for people to use public toilets. It is all giving people stuff or ammenties through public funding - which in turn has to be paid for by taxpayers/ratepayers.

"The dispensers cost between $100 and $200, O’Malley says, so the ultimate price tag could be close to $50,000 — but not to the taxpayers. The dispensers are a public-private partnership including the Melanoma Foundation of New England and Make Big Change, both organizations that fight skin cancer. The foundation is covering the cost of the dispensers, according to a press release, and Making Big Change provides the dispenser units; it has also been placing them in New Hampshire beaches and parks."

Note From A Civilized City Boston Parks To Offer Dispensers Of Free Sunscreen CommonHealth

Stop arguing.

That's the dispensers - are they providing the sunscreen too?

Boston wants to infantilize its people. Boston isn't more in need of sunscreen than say Phoenix or Las Vegas.

Well..it is $6 a tube.

dont worry jed will pay for it....
Nope. But Boston taxpayers will. If they don't want to, they can decide next election. Pretty simple. Stop whining.

Sounds like a great idea. It will hopefully prevent sunburn and ultimately some forms of skin cancer.

I'm sure there is a downside to this someone will think up.

Downside's the only people likely to get skin cancer from UV are the out-of-work ones meandering around from 10-5pm. Everyone with a job is indoors during those times. :)

UV maxes between 11am and 4pm. By 5pm it's lwoer than it was at 10am. And by 6pm it's neglible. Use a site that monitors local UV every summer for knowing when it's safe to go out and swim wiuthout worrying about having to use sunblock. Don't like the idea of rubbing something onto my skin, some of which gets absorbed through my pores and into my bloodstream, that I shouldn't put in my mouth. Like the humorous commercials from "Robocop" where the woman applies the thick goupy blue sunblock for just a few minutes protection then the disclaimer says like, "Absolutely causes cancer." :) Who knows what our modern sunscreens are doing decades down the road.

UV Index UV Forecast

"The dispensers cost between $100 and $200, O’Malley says, so the ultimate price tag could be close to $50,000 — but not to the taxpayers. The dispensers are a public-private partnership including the Melanoma Foundation of New England and Make Big Change, both organizations that fight skin cancer. The foundation is covering the cost of the dispensers, according to a press release, and Making Big Change provides the dispenser units; it has also been placing them in New Hampshire beaches and parks."

Note From A Civilized City Boston Parks To Offer Dispensers Of Free Sunscreen CommonHealth

Stop arguing.

"O'Malley says the project could be paid for through a partnership with a sunscreen brand or a company seeking to raise skin cancer awareness."

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/04/28/us/ap-us-boston-sunscreen-proposal.html?_r=0

All they need to do is get a sunscreen sponsor (free pr!), no cost to taxpayer.

Stop arguing.

"O'Malley says the project could be paid for through a partnership with a sunscreen brand or a company seeking to raise skin cancer awareness."

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/04/28/us/ap-us-boston-sunscreen-proposal.html?_r=0

All they need to do is get a sunscreen sponsor (free pr!), no cost to taxpayer.

Then I don't see any issue with it.

Of course, ultimately the cost could be passed on to consumers by the sponsoring company raising the price of their sunscreen and someone could argue that side of it. However, it might be a wasted argument since the company can recover the costs through charitable tax breaks.

Forum List

Back