Boston to start offering free sunscreen from dispensers around the city

You can pick up a bottle of sunscreen at Walmart for about $6.00 dollars probably cheaper at a dollar store. Can people really not manage this on their own?

As long as the government does everything but rub it on their face for them, why should they bother ?

The government is the entity here that is irresponsible, because they set people up to fail if the training wheels are ever removed.
I shudder to think what people will ask the government to help them with if they start setting up free condom dispensers.

It's shocking they're not out there now.
Give the Dims a few more years, they'll figure it out.
West Hollywood has mandatory condom giveaways in all the bars. They've had it since 1999.

Here is the solution.

Simply use your own, or don't use it at all.

When the city of Boston spends a million dollars on sunscreen that is not being used, they can explain the frivolity of it to their constituents.

If you don't like a government program, don't use it and force them to justify the expense.

Last edited:
You can pick up a bottle of sunscreen at Walmart for about $6.00 dollars probably cheaper at a dollar store. Can people really not manage this on their own?

As long as the government does everything but rub it on their face for them, why should they bother ?

The government is the entity here that is irresponsible, because they set people up to fail if the training wheels are ever removed.
I shudder to think what people will ask the government to help them with if they start setting up free condom dispensers.

It's shocking they're not out there now.
Give the Dims a few more years, they'll figure it out.
West Hollywood has mandatory condom giveaways in all the bars. They've had it since 1999.

Lol ! So the government in affect is saying here, that since bars dispense a product that leads to people dropping all caution and screwing everything in sight, they must also dispense protection.

nothing like a NANNY government

soon they'll be offering to wipe your ass. of course they will tell you it has to be with ONE SHEET of toilet paper.

they must have all kinds of magic money trees growing around that city. JUST WOW
:rofl:
You're fucking nuts, bitch

It's a great idea. Most people don't carry sunscreen with them. It's a cheap way to help prevent skin cancer; which will save money in the long run on medical costs.

But the of course the right-wing loons are crying about it. Oh how they love their fellow man.

Some of you guys just like to argue for the sake of arguing ... is that it?

No taxpayer dollars are being spent. Read. Learn. Argue about what matters.

:rolleyes:

"The dispensers cost between $100 and $200, O’Malley says, so the ultimate price tag could be close to $50,000 — but not to the taxpayers. The dispensers are a public-private partnership including the Melanoma Foundation of New England and Make Big Change, both organizations that fight skin cancer. The foundation is covering the cost of the dispensers, according to a press release, and Making Big Change provides the dispenser units; it has also been placing them in New Hampshire beaches and parks."

Note From A Civilized City Boston Parks To Offer Dispensers Of Free Sunscreen CommonHealth

Stop arguing.

Last edited:
Good idea some places also have free poop bags available when walking your dog.

it gets over a hundred degrees here in the south west sometimes for weeks at a time....all the whities out here know about using sunscreen...now those fuckers will suggest that the State start doing the same thing ....thanks, more wasted tax dollars....fucking pussies....

Free sunscreen might prevent cancer.

Free Obamaphones promote stupidity.

If you could only keep one free which would it be?
I would opt for the free poop bags. I walk my dog a lot and forget the bag. I always use sunscreen and never forget my phone.

It's a great idea. Most people don't carry sunscreen with them. It's a cheap way to help prevent skin cancer; which will save money in the long run on medical costs.

But the of course the right-wing loons are crying about it. Oh how they love their fellow man.

I don't always carry it either, I've always used the old fashioned dispensaries, that have always been out there all over town, Walgreens, CVS, 7/11, convienence stores, etc.

Of course when you go the old fashioned route, you have to pull money out of your wallet and pay for it yourself.

It's all very well making a big deal about issues such as this, but Hussein Obama would be well advised to devote his last year in power to more important subjects such as fighting militant Islam and making certain that Iran never gets the bomb.

It's all smoke and mirrors and stupidity with this sick Administration.

Honestly, the obamaphone in the off chance that they might access the vast wealth of knowledge available on the internet. Though you're probably right and I'm being too optimistic :/

It's all very well making a big deal about issues such as this, but Hussein Obama would be well advised to devote his last year in power to more important subjects such as fighting militant Islam and making certain that Iran never gets the bomb.

All he cares about is denigrating the American people by his acts and attitudes better he stays with trans-fats than force his sick agenda on the American people..

I would opt for the free poop bags. I walk my dog a lot and forget the bag. I always use sunscreen and never forget my phone.
That would be free obama bags. When I take my dog to go obama I tie the obama bags to the handle of her leash.

How does donated sun screen have anything to do with Oblama?

nothing like a NANNY government

soon they'll be offering to wipe your ass. of course they will tell you it has to be with ONE SHEET of toilet paper.

they must have all kinds of magic money trees growing around that city. JUST WOW
Ever heard of public toilets, the government already provides toilet paper, and plastic bags for doggie waste, so what's the issue with sunscreen?

Forum List

Back