Bought me a new OLED Tv today

65" Sony Bravia OLED

Holy smokes this thing blows away my old 55" Samsung and it wasn't some cheap TV either
how so?
... I got a free 40 inch curved TV about 7 years ago---got it for a gift from my company....the curved is nice--you can tell the difference from the flat screens ...some years before that, I won a free 40 inch at a company picnic deal

• Banned
Yeah, probably what I buy next time.
20211009_101846.jpg

It's on sale right now at Best Buy

I went in to buy a TV that was on sale for 1500 and walked out with this instead

• Banned
how so?
... I got a free 40 inch curved TV about 7 years ago---got it for a gift from my company....the curved is nice--you can tell the difference from the flat screens ...some years before that, I won a free 40 inch at a company picnic deal
Picture quality from led with crappy back lighting to this in oled with full back lighting.

I can't really put it into words but the jump in visuals was knock your Sox off good.

Yeah, there is a clear difference in an OLED TV and a regular High Def TV.

Picture quality from led with crappy back lighting to this in oled with full back lighting.

I can't really put it into words but the jump in visuals was knock your Sox off good.
..yes, I should thought visuals would be super--compared to 5- 10 years ago ..I've always wanted to check that out ......I see them at the store, but never really pay attention to them

• Banned
..yes, I should thought visuals would be super--compared to 5- 10 years ago ..I've always wanted to check that out ......I see them at the store, but never really pay attention to them
If you're not prepared to fork over the money avoid looking at them in the store. Once you see the visuals you'll just be depressed when you get home and turn yours on.

That's what got me lol. Went in a week or so ago to look for a 4k antenna and wound up staring at the damn tvs...

Never did get the antenna either lol

65" Sony Bravia OLED

Holy smokes this thing blows away my old 55" Samsung and it wasn't some cheap TV either
I am happy with every Bravia in my house and all the Trinitrons before that, especially the WEGA, that weighed close to 300lbs, but was the first semi-smart TV I ever owned. It was really great for the day and worked flawlessly the day I strained myself getting it out of the house.

I just got the SamSung 77 in. OLED.
Really like it!! It puts the 40 in. beside it to shame.
The dumbass who installed it didnt get it square but I can do that myself easy enough. It drops down 33 inches.
0CD136E3-5E83-4A3E-9A17-31516BA939FF.jpeg

Just noticed the dog snoozle at bottom left.

I've got a 65 in. Sony upstairs thats 15 years old and still has a very nice picture.
Of course it was Sony's top of the line back then and it cost around 7K.

..my dad had a 55 inch or something...in a small living room....he sat about 12 feet away from it .....he said he wanted something BIGGER!!! I thought that was goofy as the one he had was huge as it was

..my dad had a 55 inch or something...in a small living room....he sat about 12 feet away from it .....he said he wanted something BIGGER!!! I thought that was goofy as the one he had was huge as it was

Thats whats so cool about the newer big screens.
They have enough clarity that you can sit far closer than the old ones.
The new 77inch OLED SamSung recommends no closer than 8ft.

Thats whats so cool about the newer big screens.
They have enough clarity that you can sit far closer than the old ones.
The new 77inch OLED SamSung recommends no closer than 8ft.
I think that would make me crazy sitting that close with that big of a TV

I think that would make me crazy sitting that close with that big of a TV

It really doesnt.
I did a bunch of research before buying because I was afraid of the same thing.
It's clear as can be and not overwhelming in the least.
I've been trying to talk the Wife into the new 77 inch for about two years. Now she's all about it and saying we should have done it a long time ago.

I sit about 10 feet away and this 65 feels HUGE compared to my 55

Forum List

Back