Boycott Arizona.

Figures......

Of course it figures, smart people plan ahead, and think of the consequences of their actions.

Yeah, some people know how to bleed the taxpayers of this Country of something they probably don't deserve. I'm inclined to believe this could describe you. :eusa_whistle:
You maybe so inclined, but you know nothing about my career in law enforcement. I stayed through the good times and bad because my job had purpose (and 3% at 50 + lifelong healthcare and management benefits made the bad better).

Of course it figures, smart people plan ahead, and think of the consequences of their actions.

Yeah, some people know how to bleed the taxpayers of this Country of something they probably don't deserve. I'm inclined to believe this could describe you. :eusa_whistle:
You maybe so inclined, but you know nothing about my career in law enforcement. I stayed through the good times and bad because my job had purpose (and 3% at 50 + lifelong healthcare and management benefits made the bad better).

Spoken like the average civil servant you are; put in your 30 years and take whatever you can get. Hey, don't worry about the rest of us outside the civil service ranks. We'll work an average of fifty years and get none of the benefits you get. And please, don't play the dangerous job card. I drive tractor trailer for a living, and every day I make it home alive, I count my blessings. You whiny ass civil servants really bring on the gag reflex. :neutral:

Spoken like the average civil servant you are; put in your 30 years and take whatever you can get. Hey, don't worry about the rest of us outside the civil service ranks. We'll work an average of fifty years and get none of the benefits you get. And please, don't play the dangerous job card. I drive tractor trailer for a living, and every day I make it home alive, I count my blessings. You whiny ass civil servants really bring on the gag reflex. :neutral:

Well we all make choices. At least you know the roads are monitored by state troopers, and if you put the greasy side up a first responder will try to patch you up. Others will clear the road of ice and snow, patch holes and repair the surface; troopers try to enforce the speed limit and get the reckless drivers out of the way who put professional drivers at risk.
Of course they'll also check your logs, your load and make sure you're not putting others on the road at risk.

Well we all make choices. At least you know the roads are monitored by state troopers, and if you put the greasy side up a first responder will try to patch you up. Others will clear the road of ice and snow, patch holes and repair the surface; troopers try to enforce the speed limit and get the reckless drivers out of the way who put professional drivers at risk.
Of course they'll also check your logs, your load and make sure you're not putting others on the road at risk.
isnt that the same as asking for "papers"
LOL
this law is not unconstitutional at all
but go ahead and boycott
the rest of us will not

LOL
but go ahead and boycott
the rest of us will not

I will, and if I'm alone in the boycott, so be it. I don't need others to validate me, on matters of principle I have no problem standing alone.

LOL
but go ahead and boycott
the rest of us will not

I will, and if I'm alone in the boycott, so be it. I don't need others to validate me, on matters of principle I have no problem standing alone.
except you have a problem with asking for SOME papers more than others
thats hypocritical to me

LOL
but go ahead and boycott
the rest of us will not

thats hypocritical to me

Apples and Zebras.

thats hypocritical to me

Apples and Zebras.
maybe to a hypocrite
but papers are papers
doesnt matter if its log book, drivers lic, registration, proof of insurance
its the same damn thing
if you have no problem asking for SOME papers, why do you have a problem asking for other papers

You and the guy whose hand is stuck in the cookie jar and denies he was stealing cookies are one and the same.

kinda like the guys who say they are Conservatives...and take a beating about it.....and then,months later, deny it and say they are something else?.....like that?....ok i got ya....

Yes, we all make choices, but not all of us get to skate through life making real good money, then retire and bilk the public of their hard earned tax dollars until we're dead. Granted, not all civil servants fall into this category, just the greater majority. As for apples and zebras, your comparison has missed the mark. It is most certainly apples to apples. :neutral:

You know, the more I think about it; because of the vigor that Wry Catcher has put into his criticism of the Arizona statute, the more I'm convinced that he has some relative of Latino decent, or is himself of Latino decent. :neutral:

You know, the more I think about it; because of the vigor that Wry Catcher has put into his criticism of the Arizona statute, the more I'm convinced that he has some relative of Latino decent, or is himself of Latino decent. :neutral:

Not necessarily, My wife is of Mexican decent and we can't stand illegals, in fact no one in her family supports them.

Not necessarily, My wife is of Mexican decent and we can't stand illegals, in fact no one in her family supports them.

What I meant was that Wry Catcher does not want the law to stand because it might create a hardship for those close to him, or maybe even himself. :neutral:

Last edited:

Well you're wrong. I've done quite a bit of geneology of late and I'm of French, German, Italian and Romanian heritage. That explains my good looks, gourmet kitchen skills, superior bedroom manners and high intelligence.

So, lets assume your wife's relatives come and visit. During the visit you, your wife, her sister and your nephew and niece decide to go to the zoo.
On the way your lead foot gets you stopped on the highway. As the trooper writes you a ticket he asks your wife and sister for their identification.
Your wife provides her driver's license, and your sister-in-law her passport. The officer asks your sister-in-law if she entered the U.S. legally.
She says, "of course" and the officer takes offense at her tone and demands proof that she and her kids have the legal autority to be in the U.S.
One thing leads to another and soon your neice and nephew are going to a shelter with a social worker and your sister-in-law is hooked-up and on her way to county jail with an immigration hold.
20 hours later its all cleared up. No harm, no foul. Correct Opie?

Hey Sarge,..... my grandfather was a salty ass Marine Corps Master Gunnery Sargeant and I'll always remember what he told me about liberals, qoute; liberals don't like to be confused with facts,... their mind is already made up!

So, lets assume your wife's relatives come and visit. During the visit you, your wife, her sister and your nephew and niece decide to go to the zoo.
On the way your lead foot gets you stopped on the highway. As the trooper writes you a ticket he asks your wife and sister for their identification.
Your wife provides her driver's license, and your sister-in-law her passport. The officer asks your sister-in-law if she entered the U.S. legally.
She says, "of course" and the officer takes offense at her tone and demands proof that she and her kids have the legal autority to be in the U.S.
One thing leads to another and soon your neice and nephew are going to a shelter with a social worker and your sister-in-law is hooked-up and on her way to county jail with an immigration hold.

As all my wife's relatives are at least 3rd Generation American your scenario would never happen. And if the lady in question showed a passport, it would have the date of entry stamped in it. There would be no question.

You really need to work on your scenarios. You know make them more possible. Like a pick up truck with 9 guys in the back with no ID's..........

'One thing leads to another and soon your neice and nephew are going to a shelter with a social worker and your sister-in-law is hooked-up and on her way to county jail with an immigration hold.'

A hell of a lot better than what Mexico would do to you or for you!
Geez people, wake up! Stop living in your little pollyana world and looking at it with rose colored glasses. ILLEGAL IS EXACTLY THAT - ILLEGAL! NO MATTER IF IT IS CONSIDERED A CIVIL OFFENSE - STILL BREAKING THE LAW!!!!

As all my wife's relatives are at least 3rd Generation American your scenario would never happen. And if the lady in question showed a passport, it would have the date of entry stamped in it. There would be no question.

You really need to work on your scenarios. You know make them more possible. Like a pick up truck with 9 guys in the back with no ID's..........

You miss the point. Nine guys in the back of a pick up truck is a clear VC violation, and a traffic stop is in order, mcuh like your speeding. An officer asking of the nine if they knew how dangerous riding in an open pick up might be, and learning all nine spoke poor or no English would have probable cause to further investigate.
Much different I believe then the scenario I suggested. Where those in your vehicle were not riding in clear violation of the VC and did not need an officer to explain the dangers implicit in riding in an open bed. But, you're stuck in an ideology - enjoy yourself.

Well you're wrong. I've done quite a bit of geneology of late and I'm of French, German, Italian and Romanian heritage. That explains my good looks, gourmet kitchen skills, superior bedroom manners and high intelligence.

I stand corrected. :neutral:

Forum List

Back