Boycott Staples

1. Not funded by taxes since the 1970s. Already posted this information. Discussed the legislation. Not using archaic methods.
2. They are not getting better service. This is not about corps doing something more efficiently or at a lower cost. Discussed this elsewhere.

Say, here's a thought. Why don't you read what has been written.

The USPS lost $5,000,000,000 in 2013 and its liabilities exceed its assets by $21,000,000,000.

The USPA is in the shitter, big time... just like GM and all the other darlings of the admin.

but unlike GM the PO is at least owned by the Govt.....but yet they bent over backwards to help GM and are not doing much to help the only money making thing they own....

USPS is a money maker? :lol:

The POST OFFICE is destroying itself by adhering to an obsolete and cost prohibitive business model.

build one less plane...who gives a shit.
Seriously.....im tired of people like you shitting on people with low wages. Go make 8.50 an hour and see how long you last with your current life style.

also no assistance ( because you hate it)
No healthcare because you cant afford it.
Barely enough gas to get you to that job.
May or may not have a cell phone to call for those jobs....

Why in the hell would I ever work for 8.50 an hour? I couldnt continue my current life style if I did that.
I've never worked a min wage job in my life. They just dont pay enough......

i did when i got out of HS....but that lasted a few months then it was upward with the next job and upward ever since....min wage is your first job out of HS.....and i dont understand why some people feel you should be able to support a spouse and 3 kids on it....

I failed to see it. But it doesn't hurt to re-post. The fact remains tax payer money is in fact used to some degree.

Not to the extent that it is implied.

In this day and age, do we really need a government run postal service?

The USPS has lost over 25 billion dollars since 2006. What private company would still be in business with that kind of record?

its not a private business. Govt is not a private business. Theres a ton of things USPS is not but that doesnt mean anything either

The other day I went in Walmart and they had a crazy line and only 2 lines were open. I didnt witness any Republicans screaming about how Walmart needs to be shut down.

But if the post office has a line THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END!

No bias there, nope. None

Just a suggestion. Put the stuff down, go to another store, and get what you want. Now try that with the Post Office. That seems to be the solution many are proffering (and some seem deathly afraid of) ... market competition.

You mean the mom and pop stores that Walmart put out of business? Sure if they were open I'd go but if I go now thats called Breaking and Entering.

You live in a world in which Walmart is your only option? You have my heartfelt condolences.

The USPS has lost over 25 billion dollars since 2006. What private company would still be in business with that kind of record?

Go back and read, Lonestar. That has been addressed. Yes, we do need it.

Why do we need it?

It's more efficient and held to higher standards. It offers a protection on the mail that is not held by other carriers. It produces revenue. Further, there is no reason to privatize it unless the goal is to destroy the middle class. I have already provided the legislation that was put into motion to destroy it. Lastly, it's in the Constitution.

neither is the Post Office....any money they have taken from the treasury they usually pay it back.....and they are OWNED by the Federal Government....if they own it they should maintain it.....otherwise why own it?....

Where does the money that the federal government has come from?

you just got through saying they generate their own money,which they do......and if they have payed back that money that they borrowed,what problem is there?...they are owned by the Federal Govt are they not?.....should the "owners" not maintain it?....if you owned a business would you use money you have to maintain it?.....they bailed out GM and other businesses,with tax dollars, that they dont own,yet dont seem to want to help a business that they actually own....

Do you really believe the US gov't exists to provide middle class entitlement for those lucky enough to work for them (at the expense of the rest of us) and to compete with private biz? :lol:

Did you bother to actually read that link? How could Issa be the no. 10 beneficiary of postal union money when the PO becomes defunct? If the PO is defunct there would be no union.

Yes, I did, read it.

Oh, you have no idea how many people intend to profit from these attempts to privatize the PO.

Another company that nobody hears about is this one:
https://www.pb.com/

owned by this:
Pitney Bowes Newsroom | Apollo Global Management to Acquire Management Services Business from Pitney Bowes

Guess who is the senior adviser?

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/01/21/former-senator-bayh-joins-apollo/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

All this adds up to one big AND?

For me it's....So?

Where does the money that the federal government has come from?

you just got through saying they generate their own money,which they do......and if they have payed back that money that they borrowed,what problem is there?...they are owned by the Federal Govt are they not?.....should the "owners" not maintain it?....if you owned a business would you use money you have to maintain it?.....they bailed out GM and other businesses,with tax dollars, that they dont own,yet dont seem to want to help a business that they actually own....

Do you really believe the US gov't exists to provide middle class entitlement for those lucky enough to work for them (at the expense of the rest of us) and to compete with private biz? :lol:

How is this at your expense again? Oh, that's right........it's not.

Not to the extent that it is implied.

its not a private business. Govt is not a private business. Theres a ton of things USPS is not but that doesnt mean anything either

You just don't get it. Why prop up a failed system?

UPS, FedEx and the like can do the same job and not have to rely on government bailouts. Which does in fact cost taxpayers money.

Just a suggestion. Put the stuff down, go to another store, and get what you want. Now try that with the Post Office. That seems to be the solution many are proffering (and some seem deathly afraid of) ... market competition.

You mean the mom and pop stores that Walmart put out of business? Sure if they were open I'd go but if I go now thats called Breaking and Entering.

You live in a world in which Walmart is your only option? You have my heartfelt condolences.

Be stupid on your own

The USPS lost $5,000,000,000 in 2013 and its liabilities exceed its assets by $21,000,000,000.

The USPA is in the shitter, big time... just like GM and all the other darlings of the admin.

but unlike GM the PO is at least owned by the Govt.....but yet they bent over backwards to help GM and are not doing much to help the only money making thing they own....

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/109/hr6407

UPS, FedEx and the like can do the same job and not have to rely on government bailouts. Which does in fact cost taxpayers money.

Go back and read, Lonestar. That has been addressed. Yes, we do need it.

Why do we need it?

It's more efficient and held to higher standards. It offers a protection on the mail that is not held by other carriers. It produces revenue. Further, there is no reason to privatize it unless the goal is to destroy the middle class. I have already provided the legislation that was put into motion to destroy it. Lastly, it's in the Constitution.

Are you serious?

Article I, Section 8, Clause 7 of the United States Constitution, known as the Postal Clause or the Postal Power, empowers Congress "To establish Post Offices and post Roads".

Nothing about delivering mail.

It produces a revenue but it doesn't even pay for itself.

It's not any more efficient or offer any more protections than UPS or FedEx.

Despite Revenue Growth and Record Productivity, Postal Service Loses $5 Billion in 2013 Fiscal Year

UPS 2013 revenue 55.4 billion

So?

Who's money bails them out?

Please stop the silly BS. According to the USPS (bold added):
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Postal Service ended the 2013 fiscal year (Oct. 1, 2012 – Sept. 30, 2013) with a net loss of $5 billion. This marks the 7th consecutive year in which the Postal Service incurred a net loss, highlighting the need to continue to capitalize on growth opportunities, reduce costs, and enact comprehensive legislation to provide a long-term solution to the agency’s financial challenges.

http://about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2013/pr13_087.pdf

Why do we need it?

Are you serious?

Article I, Section 8, Clause 7 of the United States Constitution, known as the Postal Clause or the Postal Power, empowers Congress "To establish Post Offices and post Roads".

Nothing about delivering mail.

It produces a revenue but it doesn't even pay for itself.

It's not any more efficient or offer any more protections than UPS or FedEx.

Despite Revenue Growth and Record Productivity, Postal Service Loses $5 Billion in 2013 Fiscal Year

UPS 2013 revenue 55.4 billion

Do you understand that the mail is Federally protected after it hits the Post Office? Not through anyone else?

Do you understand that only the Post Office, due to the legislation that was provided for you, is the only organization required to pay 75 years in advance for retirement/benefits-by 2016?

Do you understand that $50billion was overpaid to CSRS and should be returned?

Do you understand that $6.9 billion was paid (overfunded) to FERS and should be returned and you will see the profit?

Please stop the silly BS. According to the USPS (bold added):
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Postal Service ended the 2013 fiscal year (Oct. 1, 2012 – Sept. 30, 2013) with a net loss of $5 billion. This marks the 7th consecutive year in which the Postal Service incurred a net loss, highlighting the need to continue to capitalize on growth opportunities, reduce costs, and enact comprehensive legislation to provide a long-term solution to the agency’s financial challenges.

http://about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2013/pr13_087.pdf

Do you understand that the mail is Federally protected after it hits the Post Office? Not through anyone else?

Do you understand that only the Post Office, due to the legislation that was provided for you, is the only organization required to pay 75 years in advance for retirement/benefits-by 2016?

Do you understand that $50billion was overpaid to CSRS and should be returned?

Do you understand that $6.9 billion was paid (overfunded) to FERS and should be returned and you will see the profit?

Forum List

Back