Boycott Staples

You sure?

10314512_759197790768755_3021198761074823891_n.jpg

Walmart has a good business model in my opinion. Here's an anecdotal example; this morning I needed a can of Tennis balls, I went to K-Mart and they don't open until 8am, so Instead of waiting 15 more minutes, I went to Walmart of bought my Tennis balls, groceries, water, beer, etc. . Yes it was 3miles down the road, but I was able to do all of the above and still get to the Tennis courts because Walmart stays up 24/7 and the price for their Tennis balls is cheaper than K-Mart's.
K-Mart on the other hand, makes it complex for one to purchase anything because of the steps when has to take to even get to the point to pay them. through the years (11) of shopping at the same Walmart, I have seen at least five people start from the bottom and then advance to managerial positions, one is even a store manager now.
I just don't see what's wrong with Walmart or any other big chain. Are the "mom & Pop" stores providing better prices to their customers and paying their workers any more than Walmart does?

so now he is making what?.... $11.50 an hour?....just askin....

I really don't know but it would be interesting to see the salary/benefits difference between a clerk in a 'mom and pop' store and a clerk at Walmart.

Walmart Department Manager Hourly Pay | Glassdoor

Walmart Store Manager Salary | Glassdoor

"A store manager's salary ranges from $80-$110K/yr, depending on sales volume. A customer service manager could make maybe $10-$12/hr. Asst Mgrs start at $43K/yr and cap at $63K. CoMgrs base is $65K/yr."

What an excellent program! This gives me a reason to shop at Staples!

Of course you celebrate this program, as a member of the "I got mine, fuck the rest of you" callous conservative club, the exploitation of the working poor is something which makes you happy. I bet you actually believe you're a Christian (Boy, are you in for a surprise).

Blah blah blah class warfare nonsense.

If you are really concerned about the welfare of the middle class, then you should advocate to roll back taxes and keep the Fed from printing money/spurring inflation which is a tax on the middle class.

The total tax burden on the median family has more than doubled as a percent of income since the 1950s. They pay more in taxes than they do for Food, Housing, and Transportation.

You know what lowering the tax burden on billionaires leads too?

Billionaires with more money.

That's like, exactly what they need right?

It's like giving the crazy cat lady more cats.

:D

Not your place to decide who needs what, is it?

What an excellent program! This gives me a reason to shop at Staples!

Of course you celebrate this program, as a member of the "I got mine, fuck the rest of you" callous conservative club, the exploitation of the working poor is something which makes you happy. I bet you actually believe you're a Christian (Boy, are you in for a surprise).

Of course you'd rather live in the past and watch the PO waste billions of dollars.

Let me get this straight, the radical left want's to boycott Staples where good people offer good service because we need higher priced goods offered by lazy union workers?

That's what is great about this country in my opinion; those people have the right to boycott staples if they want to and other people have a right to have a counter boycott if they choose to. Other people won't give a dman and keep on shopping where they want to shop.

Issa and Donahoe. My source is fine. That poor little Staples. They had zero interest in the whole durn thing. It was just foisted on 'em.

No dummy Staples is there as a for profit business. If the post office offers them a way to do that then the Staples board would be negligent in not taking the opportunity.

You need to follow the legislation and the money behind it. It's intentional.

What legislation would that be, I thought the topic was a business arrangement. Are we shifting gears here, derailing your own thread?

The POST OFFICE is destroying itself by adhering to an obsolete and cost prohibitive business model.

i have said this before Bo....it aint the PO its Congress and all the Committees that it has to get approval from to even fart....

The PO is unionized, and the union blocks attempts to improve efficiency.

bullshit.....how long did you work there?....the only thing the Union wants is to be a part of the process.....to make sure the workers are not getting fucked over.....DPS (automation) for the letters went on in the 90's and they left the workers out of the process and it wasnt working for a long time until the workers got it right for them ......and now they just had Automation for the Flats (FSS)....and the Union had a say on how to set it up and it worked much better.....the Unions have their bad side but the Unions are the only thing that stands up for the people who actually have to move the mail.....and they made sure that the workers....the people who do this all day long....had a say in setting something up that has never been done previously.....

Issa and Donahoe. My source is fine. That poor little Staples. They had zero interest in the whole durn thing. It was just foisted on 'em.

i dont think Issa has anything to do with it.....

How does Darrell Issa Benefit from the privatization of the United States Post Office (Special updates 2014)

Did you bother to actually read that link? How could Issa be the no. 10 beneficiary of postal union money when the PO becomes defunct? If the PO is defunct there would be no union.

No dummy Staples is there as a for profit business. If the post office offers them a way to do that then the Staples board would be negligent in not taking the opportunity.

What legislation would that be, I thought the topic was a business arrangement. Are we shifting gears here, derailing your own thread?

Nope. Not at all. You're not following me. What are you missing?

The post office could save big bucks by not equipping their facilities with ten service counters when they never staff more than one. Something Staples seems to understand. A customer waiting in line is a customer looking for an alternative for next time.

i have said this before Bo....it aint the PO its Congress and all the Committees that it has to get approval from to even fart....

The PO is unionized, and the union blocks attempts to improve efficiency.

bullshit.....how long did you work there?....the only thing the Union wants is to be a part of the process.....to make sure the workers are not getting fucked over.....DPS (automation) for the letters went on in the 90's and they left the workers out of the process and it wasnt working for a long time until the workers got it right for them ......and now they just had Automation for the Flats (FSS)....and the Union had a say on how to set it up and it worked much better.....the Unions have their bad side but the Unions are the only thing that stands up for the people who actually have to move the mail.....and they made sure that the workers....the people who do this all day long....had a say in setting something up that has never been done previously.....

Bullshit. The PO union has stood in the way of automation projects for years.

CaféAuLait;9043964 said:
CaféAuLait;9043858 said:
From your article:

Not staples, the Post office is behind this. It was the post office who authorized the program. The Unions are upset at the wrong people.

This has been happening since stores are allowed to sell stamps anything from a convenient stores to groceries. Many business are allowed to send and accept mail for the post office. You do know UPS accepts USPS mail and charges an arm and a leg, far over the USPS prices, don't you?

Donahoe and Issa. Do you know who they are?

I do. Donahoe is the Post Master General appointed by Obama to fix the mess the post office is in. He has tried various ways such as closing the PO for one day a week to cut down on costs and was attacked by democrats in congress. Issa supported the idea.

He suggested it and it was shot down and never implemented. He felt it would cut on costs for an organization so far in debt they can't pay their pensions due to a congressional mandate which states pensions need to be prefunded. They have to borrow billions and billions from the US Treasury.

All of which was happening far before Donahoe took office in 2010. The loss of jobs and mail is a result of email and other entities which deliver mail and packages, they may be more expensive but more efficient than USPS.

Under Donahue in 2013, the post office had their first growth in revenue since the year 2006, even though still operating in the red, he must be doing something right considering the drop in mail flowing through the post office.

Donahoe is the Post Master General appointed by Obama

he was not appointed by Obama....he was the no 2 man in the Org. and succeeded Potter when he retired....the Board of Governors appoints him or approves of the one taking over which they did here,bad choice though the guy sucks....

Under Donahue in 2013, the post office had their first growth in revenue since the year 2006,

thats more because of the District Managers than Donahoe.....Donahoe is a dumbass....most of the District Managers carry his sorry ass.....

Maybe because you're not making any sense, first you're pissed about a business deal, then you post some biased blog of how Isaa has something to gain from all this. So tell me, what am I missing, if you can?

Did you bother to actually read that link? How could Issa be the no. 10 beneficiary of postal union money when the PO becomes defunct? If the PO is defunct there would be no union.

Yes, I did, read it.

Oh, you have no idea how many people intend to profit from these attempts to privatize the PO.

Another company that nobody hears about is this one:
https://www.pb.com/

owned by this:
Pitney Bowes Newsroom | Apollo Global Management to Acquire Management Services Business from Pitney Bowes

Guess who is the senior adviser?

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/01/21/former-senator-bayh-joins-apollo/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

CaféAuLait;9043964 said:

I do. Donahoe is the Post Master General appointed by Obama to fix the mess the post office is in. He has tried various ways such as closing the PO for one day a week to cut down on costs and was attacked by democrats in congress. Issa supported the idea.

He suggested it and it was shot down and never implemented. He felt it would cut on costs for an organization so far in debt they can't pay their pensions due to a congressional mandate which states pensions need to be prefunded. They have to borrow billions and billions from the US Treasury.

All of which was happening far before Donahoe took office in 2010. The loss of jobs and mail is a result of email and other entities which deliver mail and packages, they may be more expensive but more efficient than USPS.

Under Donahue in 2013, the post office had their first growth in revenue since the year 2006, even though still operating in the red, he must be doing something right considering the drop in mail flowing through the post office.

Well no it isn't.

It's the result of this:

The financial woes of the U.S. Postal System have become a point of contention on Capitol Hill. The Postal Service is supposed to make a $5.5 billion payment to its retiree health care fund by November 18th... but doesn't have the money.

US Postal Service workers have a retiree health care benefit in addition to their pension. Before Congress passed the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006, the USPS operated under a pay-as-you-go model for retiree health care funding. The new law requires the Postal Service to pre-fund its benefit obligations.
The Truth About The Post Office's Financial Mess

This pre funding forces the USPS to do something no other private or government agency has to do.

Additionally, the USPS has no control how it prices it services.

It's a ridiculous and crazy situation.

I mentioned that the "pay as you" go in my post above, the post office was having difficulties financially prior to that being implemented by congress . Last testimony before congress it was stated they are losing 8 billion a year because of the internet, online bill pay, emails, etc.

As you pointed out they have no control as well, perhaps I was not clear enough above. I mentioned above Donahoe tried to change the business model but was stopped by congress. It would have saved 2 billion if he had been able to cut Saturday service.

It is crazy, I agree with you. If USPS has not control over their business model, who authorized Staple to open kiosks, congress, yes. Wasn't it lead by Issa but supported by all? Or am I thinking of something else?

Yes, I did, read it.

Oh, you have no idea how many people intend to profit from these attempts to privatize the PO.

owned by this:
Pitney Bowes Newsroom | Apollo Global Management to Acquire Management Services Business from Pitney Bowes

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/01/21/former-senator-bayh-joins-apollo/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

All this adds up to one big AND?

Let me get this straight, the radical left want's to boycott Staples where good people offer good service because we need higher priced goods offered by lazy union workers?

whatever postal things they sell at staples have to be the same price as what the post office charges.....and if you think the Letter Carrier is lazy white....come on down and carry a route....this aint the 1980's PO were you get done at noon and sit around for 3-4 hours....things are much different today,even the young runners are having problems getting done in 8....

Maybe because you're not making any sense, first you're pissed about a business deal, then you post some biased blog of how Isaa has something to gain from all this. So tell me, what am I missing, if you can?

First of all this is not "a business deal". This is the privatization of the PO. I brought you the legislation from 2006.

CaféAuLait;9043964 said:

Donahoe is the Post Master General appointed by Obama

he was not appointed by Obama....he was the no 2 man in the Org. and succeeded Potter when he retired....the Board of Governors appoints him or approves of the one taking over which they did here,bad choice though the guy sucks....

Under Donahue in 2013, the post office had their first growth in revenue since the year 2006,

thats more because of the District Managers than Donahoe.....Donahoe is a dumbass....most of the District Managers carry his sorry ass.....

You're right my mistake about the Board of Governors.

As far as Donahoe not being responsible for turning anything around, why didn't these 'managers' do the same before Donahoe was appointed in 2010? Donahoe was able to get in done in 2 years, they had four, counting since 2006. Donahoe must have done something good.

Yes, I did, read it.

owned by this:

All this adds up to one big AND?

Why don't you cut the shit and say outright that you are all for privatizing the PO? Because if you can't figure out that this is about the number of people that profit from that privatization then you are being willfully ignorant here.

Forum List

Back