BREAKING: Amazon is kicking Parler off AWS, its web hosting service, which will take them offline until it finds a new host

Yep, the purge is real.

They told us to "build our own facebook/twitter" if we didn't' like their rules. So we did, now they changed the goalposts and said "build your own everything."

Next they'll prevent us from using the fiber-optic cables.

View attachment 440604

If Parler is going to host content advocating and planning violent attacks, they've violated their TOS with Amazon.

The market has spoken.

Yes it is. Twitter picks and chooses who it bans. Based on if you’re left you’re fine.

Bit like this site really. And stop being a Drama Queen. Trump tweeted bald-faced lies and Fake News 24/7 for four years and Twitter gave him free reign. They should have acted sooner. I don't see Trump as a free speech advocate. He is despotic by nature and despotic in fact. He deserves a platform like Stalin and Hitler did. Don't ssay this lightly, but mean it totally, Trump would have a totalitarian state at the drop of a hat if it was up to him. He and his Deplorable acolytes.
LOL...you really need to seek professional help. Why is Trump always your example? Twitter bans many, even the Star of David. Why? Leftists hates Jews.

Yep, the purge is real.

They told us to "build our own facebook/twitter" if we didn't' like their rules. So we did, now they changed the goalposts and said "build your own everything."

View attachment 440604

If Parler is going to host content advocating and planning violent attacks, they've violated their TOS with Amazon.
If it’s a crime report it to the FBI. Seems simple.

Yep, the purge is real.

View attachment 440604

They can do both.

If you put a meth lab in the house I'm renting you, I can both report you to police and have you evicted.

Wow. This is heavy. This is fascism. Thanks libs.
Nope, it's Capitalism. Private enterprise deciding who they want to serve. Guess they don't want their infrastructure used by wingnuts to plot insurrection against our country.
Sure, everyone on Parler is planning an insurrection.

I thought we werre the greatest superpower of all time...yiu are scared of a shirtless guy in A Viking helmet? Condolences on the gay.

Not fascism. Common sense.
How is shutting Parler down not fascism.
Its blatant censorship, while still allowing China, Iran, and the other crazies around the world their anti-American speech?!
Parler is now a national treasure that will be supported by many of the 71m...

Amazon is a private company...

Parler is an App that allowed violent thugs who invaded the capitol building to over turn an election and resulting in the death of 5 people to communicate.

Amazon has a company policy of not helping anti democratic forces in US, they can do what they want....

And some one asked would the ISP ban them too, YES, if they can...

American companies find it is good for business if they don't undermine the US constitution and elected government...

They are not saint but they have a line and Trump and Parler crossed it...

I see several issues...

Amazon is a private company so it can do what it likes, for one.

Are they and these other tech giants preventing people from setting up new host sites? Everything is so intertwined these days.

Should anyone be forced to host entities calling for/promoting insurgency and political overthrow in the name of free speech? Parler, apparently removed Lin Wood's posts calling for Pence to be executed. Good? Bad? When stuff like that gains enough of a following to push people to act, like we saw this past week, and we have a President openly supporting it...what then?
should people be allowed to keep lying about what parler is doing so you feel better about doing it?

FB and Twitter tell you they can't stop people doing that on their platform, but parler must?

so damn tired of the hypocrisy.

FB and Twitter said you can't completely stamp it out but you can try and put in some guard rails...

Parler doesn't even try...

No hypocrisy...

Not fascism. Common sense.
How is shutting Parler down not fascism.
Its blatant censorship, while still allowing China, Iran, and the other crazies around the world their anti-American speech?!
Parler is now a national treasure that will be supported by many of the 71m...

Amazon is a private company...

Parler is an App that allowed violent thugs who invaded the capitol building to over turn an election and resulting in the death of 5 people to communicate.

Amazon has a company policy of not helping anti democratic forces in US, they can do what they want....

And some one asked would the ISP ban them too, YES, if they can...

American companies find it is good for business if they don't undermine the US constitution and elected government...

They are not saint but they have a line and Trump and Parler crossed it...
China, Russia, Iran, and other America haters still have their twitter accounts. So why is Parler banned? You and I both know why, because Jack Dorsey is a big democrat donor and Parler is a republican communicating outlet to avoid censorship. The democrats are communists, antifa are rioters, and that's okay?
You can use the DC riots to lock-down free-speech, just like "kristalnact" and 1984. Punish everyone and consolidate power, use the levers of government to control everyone.

I see several issues...

Are they and these other tech giants preventing people from setting up new host sites? Everything is so intertwined these days.

Should anyone be forced to host entities calling for/promoting insurgency and political overthrow in the name of free speech? Parler, apparently removed Lin Wood's posts calling for Pence to be executed. Good? Bad? When stuff like that gains enough of a following to push people to act, like we saw this past week, and we have a President openly supporting it...what then?
If you and I have a phone conversation and you say I wish the mob overthrew the Capital, Verizon would not kick you out of its network. These sites claim to be like Verizon for regulatory purposes but they are nothing like Verizon. That’s my only issue here.

True...but I'm not sure that is a good comparison. For example - there is only one phone company that services my area where as with platforms there are multiple (assuming anti-trust isn't the issue).
They aren't booting people for saying "I wish they had". They are booting people for using the platform to plan the insurrection.
LMaO....did they boot BLM?
I seriously doubt blm was on parler.
They were on Twitter and Twitter didn’t shut them down but did call the Star of David a symbol of hate.

How about a real source?
You’re a piece of work.

You’re such a snowflake
Lol, so your real source says it fake news.

SMH

Yep, the purge is real.

View attachment 440604

They can do both.

If you put a meth lab in the house I'm renting you, I can both report you to police and have you evicted.
Did you equate free speech to a meth lab? LOL

I see several issues...

If you and I have a phone conversation and you say I wish the mob overthrew the Capital, Verizon would not kick you out of its network. These sites claim to be like Verizon for regulatory purposes but they are nothing like Verizon. That’s my only issue here.

True...but I'm not sure that is a good comparison. For example - there is only one phone company that services my area where as with platforms there are multiple (assuming anti-trust isn't the issue).
They aren't booting people for saying "I wish they had". They are booting people for using the platform to plan the insurrection.
LMaO....did they boot BLM?
I seriously doubt blm was on parler.
They were on Twitter and Twitter didn’t shut them down but did call the Star of David a symbol of hate.

How about a real source?
You’re a piece of work.

You’re such a snowflake
Lol, so your real source says it fake news.

SMH
It’s not fake. It says Twitter back pedaled and says it was a mistake. Lies from them as actions speak louder than words.

I see several issues...

should people be allowed to keep lying about what parler is doing so you feel better about doing it?

FB and Twitter tell you they can't stop people doing that on their platform, but parler must?

FB and Twitter said you can't completely stamp it out but you can try and put in some guard rails...

No hypocrisy...

Parler banned leftist trolls. Everything else is ok.

There is no purge.

What's going on is that ALL free people and organizations are CONDEMNING the atrocious events of Wednesday, January 6th, 2021 at our nation's Capital.

All those weeping, wailing and caterwauling over this are on the WRONG side of history.

Not to mention you WILL be rooted out of decent society.

You left out "assimilated".

I see several issues...

No hypocrisy...

you've never banned a troll?

I see several issues...

No hypocrisy...

Of course. And Parler, like FB or Twitter has every right to ban those who violate their ToS, wouldn't you agree?

I see several issues...

No hypocrisy...

Of course. And Parler, like FB or Twitter has every right to ban those who violate their ToS, wouldn't you agree?
have you ever banned someone who wasn't trolling or breaking rules?

No it's not. Facism is a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

THAT'S facism.

I see several issues...

No hypocrisy...

Not that I'm aware of, but other sites are different and I've heard all kinds of claims (plus, there are those who claim they've been unfairly banned from here).

Do you agree that Parler, FB, and Twitter have the right to ban those who violate their ToS?

I see several issues...

No hypocrisy...

Not that I'm aware of, but other sites are different and I've heard all kinds of claims (plus, there are those who claim they've been unfairly banned from here).

Do you agree that Parler, FB, and Twitter have the right to ban those who violate their ToS?
sure.

would you agree they do not apply those standards evenly?

Forum List

Back