BREAKING: At least 10 feared dead from mass shooting in Dayton, OH

The ‘left’ blames Trump for propagating fear, hate, bigotry, and racism, for using fear and hate to divide the American people, for working to turn the American people against each other, for vilifying other Americans who rightfully oppose Trump – blame directed at Trump which is both appropriate and warranted.

And this climate of fear, hate, bigotry, and racism the creation of Trump clearly facilitates the violence we’ve witnessed this weekend.

Early studies indicate that that conclusion that Trump is propagating racism, ect, is just not true.

Have you checked in with reality recently?

Yep. Researchers were shocked to find that racist beliefs have declined in whites, since Trump's election.

Where have YOU been?

Mostly home, I'm retired so I can peruse social media and read what white America believes. Trump supporters dominate his detractors on social median dozens to one. Most of the racsim is covert, but some are very open about their hate for minorities and even women.

I'm not surprised that a researcher could come to that conclusion, if they started to prove it. Reality is afoot at every mall in America where we see diverse crowds of friends together; in all shades of color, form deep black to blue eyed blondes and all in between.

Don't be surprised when the 18 to 25 year old set votes against the hate which has been spewed from the mouth and tweets by trump and those who support his lack of decorum.

Most of the links I found were behind pay walls, that I refuse to fund, but here is the conclusion. I suspect you are already on some of the news sites with better reports.

Despite Trump’s racial rhetoric, white prejudice has gone down, Penn study finds

"The researchers began with an assumption that prejudice is typically a stable tendency, acquired early in life. They wondered if Trump’s candidacy, speech, and policy positions on racial issues influenced white Americans’ prejudice.

They questioned whether the president may have normalized those views, essentially authorizing white Americans to more openly express prejudice. They also wondered if Trump would influence Americans in his role as an opinion leader, as some citizens adopt positions advocated by political elites, especially if those elites share the same political orientation, the study said.

“Our findings contradict both hypotheses,” the authors wrote, “as we primarily found declining prejudice and racial resentment, and certainly no increases.”

"

To the extent that you are right about the youth vote, what you are describing is the win of the Lie over the Truth.

You are in the wrong.

Racism, and the hate and fear of minorities have come out of the closet when the opportunity allows it. That being the anonymity on social media. If you wish to take a single survey as the be all, end all, that's fine - it likely confirms the narrative you've taken to believe.

guns are just the killing tools.
Do we really need readily available "killing tools"?

Maybe. Say you come across a group of street thugs stomping an old man in a parking lot. You could ask them to stop? Or pull a gun an demand they stop. Hope that helps.

Crepitus doesn't hold with you old white guys interfering with his stompings of old people. He feels blacks and latinos should be exempt from criminal laws n stuff, like most Democrats.

"it's a tribute to WASP culture and Christians that the toll isn't 10 times larger."???
Its a tribute to WASP culture that there aren't more people murdering unarmed, innocent citizens in cowardly surprise attacks?? Really?

Unfortunately, he has a valid point.

Please name for us the white, Christian cities where there are even half the murders per week as there are in Chicago for example (one of many)

Shall we make a LIST of all the NON-WHITE cities that have war zone like murder rates?
(heck, I'd be willing to broaden it to Leftist cities vs Right wing cities)

Sometimes the truth is not convenient, but it is still the truth.

Maybe. Say you come across a group of street thugs stomping an old man in a parking lot. You could ask them to stop? Or pull a gun an demand they stop. Hope that helps.
Street thugs are the ones that have the guns genius.

This is crazy, almost as much shooting death as a typical weekend in Chicago.

Nearly 370 million people, in a country where the mentally ill are allowed to run loose among criminal illegal aliens and the leaders of its major Parties hate their own country. What's amazing is how small the number of deaths are, actually; it's a tribute to WASP culture and Christians that the toll isn't 10 times larger.

"it's a tribute to WASP culture and Christians that the toll isn't 10 times larger."???

Its a tribute to WASP culture that there aren't more people murdering unarmed, innocent citizens in cowardly surprise attacks?? Really?

Yes, really; you left wingers jack up the hate levels at every possible opportunity for many decades now, and yet we're not Somalia yet, which is no doubt a big disappointment to your ilk; it lowers your voter turnout. Church organizations and religion still play a big role in both the black and latino communities, but as that influence decreases the violence and degenerate behavior will increase; we've already seen that.
Seems an odd post..when the majority of mass shooters are White? Seems to me that both sides are constantly demonizing and jacking up the hate.

Crepitus doesn't hold with you old white guys interfering with his stompings of old people. He feels blacks and latinos should be exempt from criminal laws n stuff, like most Democrats.

Is this ^^^ what you really believe?

So Mark Cuban retweeted Tim Cook:

Mark Cuban Retweeted

Tim Cook
@tim_cook

I'm heartbroken about what's happening in my country. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. It's time for good people with different views to stop finger pointing and come together to address this violence for the good of our country.

My response to him:

Replying to
@tim_cook
and
@mcuban
Maybe if rich people like you spent some of that money to out spend gun lobbyist, something would happen. Let's be honest, politicians are crooks and the only way to get their attention is to fill their pockets. Not sure which is more sad, the shootings or government.

Well, as we have learned they do need their room to protest and destroy....

Early studies indicate that that conclusion that Trump is propagating racism, ect, is just not true.

Have you checked in with reality recently?

Yep. Researchers were shocked to find that racist beliefs have declined in whites, since Trump's election.

Where have YOU been?

Mostly home, I'm retired so I can peruse social media and read what white America believes. Trump supporters dominate his detractors on social median dozens to one. Most of the racsim is covert, but some are very open about their hate for minorities and even women.

I'm not surprised that a researcher could come to that conclusion, if they started to prove it. Reality is afoot at every mall in America where we see diverse crowds of friends together; in all shades of color, form deep black to blue eyed blondes and all in between.

Don't be surprised when the 18 to 25 year old set votes against the hate which has been spewed from the mouth and tweets by trump and those who support his lack of decorum.

Most of the links I found were behind pay walls, that I refuse to fund, but here is the conclusion. I suspect you are already on some of the news sites with better reports.

Despite Trump’s racial rhetoric, white prejudice has gone down, Penn study finds

"The researchers began with an assumption that prejudice is typically a stable tendency, acquired early in life. They wondered if Trump’s candidacy, speech, and policy positions on racial issues influenced white Americans’ prejudice.

They questioned whether the president may have normalized those views, essentially authorizing white Americans to more openly express prejudice. They also wondered if Trump would influence Americans in his role as an opinion leader, as some citizens adopt positions advocated by political elites, especially if those elites share the same political orientation, the study said.

“Our findings contradict both hypotheses,” the authors wrote, “as we primarily found declining prejudice and racial resentment, and certainly no increases.”

"

To the extent that you are right about the youth vote, what you are describing is the win of the Lie over the Truth.

You are in the wrong.

Racism, and the hate and fear of minorities have come out of the closet when the opportunity allows it. That being the anonymity on social media. If you wish to take a single survey as the be all, end all, that's fine - it likely confirms the narrative you've taken to believe.

You asked for a reality check. I gave you one. An academic study trumps anecdotal observations.

And I know that this is early in trying to judge Trump's impact. Hence my use of the word "Early".

But if it were a dem that gave such numbers, you would be encouraged.

You should read up on it. Most interesting is the inability of the researchers to consider the obvious implications of their own research.

WHy are you fighting good news about the decline of racism?

Shhhhh....we can’t talk about that. The violence epidemic in the black community cannot be acknowledged, much less dealt with. The narrative here is that whites are evil, so anytime a white man shoots someone, it must make national headlines.
Blacks were/are victims of white privilege in this country. Stop trying to scapegoat the blame on minorities.

Blacks actually benefit from “white privilege”, that’s why they love it here and refuse to go back to Africa. They would rather live in a white culture, speak a white language, and work in a white society. If they actually acted like whites then there wouldn’t be any problems. Instead half of them just like collecting welfare, paid by tax paying white people.
LOL..hate to break it to you..but this is an American Culture--and an American Language...and an American Society. White has nothing to do with it, at this point. Back to Africa...indeed. Only here..do we have a thread about a mass shooter..where no one is even attempting to talk about the details of the shooting...but go straight to their prepared narratives. Well..i guess..when you have just a few hours between events..it gets hard for some to actually do anything other than jerk the same knees!

If that’s the case then why are people bitching about “white privilege”?

So Mark Cuban retweeted Tim Cook:

Mark Cuban Retweeted

Tim Cook
@tim_cook

I'm heartbroken about what's happening in my country. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. It's time for good people with different views to stop finger pointing and come together to address this violence for the good of our country.

My response to him:

Replying to
@tim_cook
and
@mcuban
Maybe if rich people like you spent some of that money to out spend gun lobbyist, something would happen. Let's be honest, politicians are crooks and the only way to get their attention is to fill their pockets. Not sure which is more sad, the shootings or government.

Yeah, cuz all those gangbangers and street scum your Party represents already comply with gun control laws, right? lol you're a joke. Go smoke some more meth; the drug cartels love your business, and Mexico's record murder rate needs your and your fellow Democrats' contributions to The Cause.

Shooter has been identified as Connor Betts, 24, of Bellbrook Ohio. No criminal history or social media "flags." Pure copy cat, sounds like.

People get in minor fender benders (or road rage accidents) are sucker punched and murdered on the spot by violent thugs quite often.
Bet they wish now they could pull a pistol to hold them back until they drive off or produce proper insurance papers.

Is this ^^^ what you really believe?

It's what we all know to be a fact about you left wing gimps. Your Party can't exist without jacking up the hate fest.

Nearly 370 million people, in a country where the mentally ill are allowed to run loose among criminal illegal aliens and the leaders of its major Parties hate their own country. What's amazing is how small the number of deaths are, actually; it's a tribute to WASP culture and Christians that the toll isn't 10 times larger.

Yes, really; you left wingers jack up the hate levels at every possible opportunity for many decades now, and yet we're not Somalia yet, which is no doubt a big disappointment to your ilk; it lowers your voter turnout. Church organizations and religion still play a big role in both the black and latino communities, but as that influence decreases the violence and degenerate behavior will increase; we've already seen that.
Seems an odd post..when the majority of mass shooters are White? Seems to me that both sides are constantly demonizing and jacking up the hate.

Actually most serial and mass killers are black and brown gang bangers, but of course you can't admit that as a left wing hate monger, no votes in it.

Forum List

Back