Breaking:House Intel Chair: Trump and team spied on during transition

You guys areally so lame. It was like 4 threads started 20 min ago trying the same bait and switch.

Tap phones means general surveillance.
Trump Tower means anywhere on earth.
And when you say Trump and your link says transition membees that too is the same thing.

Basically whatever the news is Trump was right if you can switch around words and their meaning.
I think this just about what spied upon(general surveillance means.)

spy

Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
spy
(spī)
n. pl. spies (spīz)
1. One who secretly collects information concerning the enemies of a government or group.
2. One who secretly collects information for a business about one or more of its competitors.
3. One who secretly keeps watch on another or others.
v. spied (spīd), spy·ing, spies (spīz)
v.tr.
1. To watch or observe secretly: was sent to spy out the enemy camp.
2. To discover by close observation: "[They] are continually prowling about on all three decks, eager tospy out iniquities" (Herman Melville).
3. To catch sight of; see: spied the ship on the horizon.
v.intr.
1. To engage in espionage.
2. To investigate or observe something, especially in secret: spying into the neighbor's activities.
[Middle English spie, from Old French espie, from espier, to watch, of Germanic origin; see spek- in theAppendix of Indo-European roots.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

Hillary did, as well as her campaign team, and -transition- team. Did you ever question any of that? Have you ever looked at her emails and the collusion that occurred? Seen the pay for play? Seen where she did not report some of those things, because she agreed to not become involved while Secretary of State, yet did anyway? Don't think she has business dealings throughout the world?
AP16264042190985.jpg

Sept, 2016
Hillary Clinton Meets with Foreign Dignitaries on UNGA Sidelines

If you think a successful businessman that has properties throughout the world, doesn't know important people within foreign countries, I have a bridge to sell ya. Does that make them a traitor? No. And you can bet your booty if anything improper occurs it will immediately come to the forefront. Unlike it did with Hillary and was swept under the rug.
Unless you are suggesting only govt or community organizers should be able to run. Well, sorry. That will only brings us to our knees.
Here is one for you
A World of Advice for Obama on Foreign Policy
You must have missed my links showing both Obama's transition team and Hillary's team all spoke with foreign officials
What I want to know is this. What did a non-government employee have to discuss with one or more officials of the Russian government? Did one or more of the conversation topics pertain to current or future U.S. policy re: Russia? If yes, I have a problem with that. If no, fine.
I have not seen your links.
TY for that.

I don't have an issue with asking the same question and having the same thinking.
What did a non-government employee have to discuss with one or more officials of the Russian government? Did one or more of the conversation topics pertain to current or future U.S. policy re: Russia? If yes, I have a problem with that. If no, fine.​
I recognize, however, that the background circumstances pertaining to PEOTUS Trump and PEOTUS Obama are very different.
  • Obama didn't have any former deals between himself/his closely held company and Russians.
  • Obama didn't have a history of having had substantial cash flows from Russians.
  • And more....click the link.
  • Obama never made a point of hiding his financial interactions with anyone.
As noted earlier, a huge portion of the issue with Trump and Russians is Trump's refusal to fully disclose/demonstrate the nature, timing and extent of his financial dealings in an environment wherein we know he's had multiple multimillion dollar deals with Russians having close ties to the Russian state and its intelligence organs and we know he has a deal with one Russian oligarch that has merely been put on hold, but not cancelled. That Trump also refuses to relinquish control of Trump Organization compounds the appearance and plausibility of there being something untoward going on.

Exactly! using her influence as Secretary of State. Is it any wonder donations to her charity dried up?
And where's the dire need for an investigation? of course not. The media will refuse to look into it because of their love for all things Hillary

What I want to know is this. What did a non-government employee have to discuss with one or more officials of the Russian government? Did one or more of the conversation topics pertain to current or future U.S. policy re: Russia? If yes, I have a problem with that. If no, fine.

The simple fact of the whole matter is that none of this would be going on had Trump and his team members to have fully disclosed the details of the nature, extent and timing of their interactions -- financial, conversational, etc. -- with Russians. At the very least, seeing that the applicable foreign interest forms and schedules of Trump's tax return, were they to have no Russian cash flows and assets reported in them, would at least put to bed the notion that Trump might still personally have financial interests that align with those of one or more Russian oligarchs.

It'd be different were Russia not an adversary of the U.S., but it is. Were it not so that many of Russia's top business people have past KGB/SVU employment histories, it'd, again, be a different matter. The matter would also be different were it that Trump does not have a long history of misrepresenting facts.
I'm thinking Nunes is pulling this to help out his buddy Trump. Source? If we've got real facts here, let's here them. Otherwise it's more stewed prunes.

I'm sorry. Are you asking me for a source or are you rhetorically noting that Nunes hasn't fully disclosed the nature of the source of his information?
I haven't read every post here, but I am asking if there is a reliable source telling us who Nunes got the information from and what information he received that was so concerning. Until I hear all that, this is just so much conjecture on both sides, by the same folks who brought us PizzaGate.

The link I have is from the Hill. Reliable and solid and unbiased. Nunes is very concerned
and rightly so that there was no Russian link nor was there any foreign intelligence information in all the information shared.

He received documents from someone he trusted. After all he is the head of House Intelligence.

That is disturbing. And what the bruhaha is all about.

"I recently confirmed that on numerous occasions, the intelligence community collected information on U.S. individuals involved in the Trump transition," Nunes told reporters.

"Details about U.S. persons involved in the incoming administration with little or no apparent foreign intelligence value were widely disseminated in intelligence community reports."

He said that "additional names" of Trump transition officials had been unmasked in the intelligence reports and indicated that Trump's communications may have been swept up as well.

The intelligence collected has nothing to do with Russia or the investigation into Moscow’s meddling in the 2016 presidential election, according to Nunes.

"I want to be clear — none of this surveillance was related to Russia or the investigation of Russian activities or of the Trump team,” Nunes said.

The congressman said he had viewed dozens of documents showing that the information had been incidentally collected."

If that isn't spying I don't know what is.

GOP chairman: Surveillance was collected about Trump transition team
Thank you, TinyDancer. I did read that article and my questions arise from reading it. This is about as clear and convincing as mud. Nunes may have plenty to disclose, but if so he needs to do so. So far, this could very easily be a sham to cover Trump's hiny. I'm not saying it is, but it sure could be more fun and games. Innuendo and people putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5 and writing headlines and starting threads all excited about their facts that aren't facts at all.
But thanks.

What I'm hoping out of this mess is a true investigation of the investigators. Let the chips fall where they may. You have several truly disturbing scandals with the intelligence community and if there was ever a swamp that needed to be drained it's with intel.

Whether it was Brennan's crew with illegal surveillance of the Senate Intelligence Committee, or Clapper lying about the NSA surveillance or this mess of "Russia did the hacking" when not one agency has examined the DNC server there really needs to be an investigation.

Again let the chips fall where they may.

The simple fact of the whole matter is that none of this would be going on had Trump and his team members to have fully disclosed the details of the nature, extent and timing of their interactions -- financial, conversational, etc. -- with Russians. At the very least, seeing that the applicable foreign interest forms and schedules of Trump's tax return, were they to have no Russian cash flows and assets reported in them, would at least put to bed the notion that Trump might still personally have financial interests that align with those of one or more Russian oligarchs.

It'd be different were Russia not an adversary of the U.S., but it is. Were it not so that many of Russia's top business people have past KGB/SVU employment histories, it'd, again, be a different matter. The matter would also be different were it that Trump does not have a long history of misrepresenting facts.
I'm thinking Nunes is pulling this to help out his buddy Trump. Source? If we've got real facts here, let's here them. Otherwise it's more stewed prunes.

I'm sorry. Are you asking me for a source or are you rhetorically noting that Nunes hasn't fully disclosed the nature of the source of his information?
I haven't read every post here, but I am asking if there is a reliable source telling us who Nunes got the information from and what information he received that was so concerning. Until I hear all that, this is just so much conjecture on both sides, by the same folks who brought us PizzaGate.

The link I have is from the Hill. Reliable and solid and unbiased. Nunes is very concerned
and rightly so that there was no Russian link nor was there any foreign intelligence information in all the information shared.

He received documents from someone he trusted. After all he is the head of House Intelligence.

"I recently confirmed that on numerous occasions, the intelligence community collected information on U.S. individuals involved in the Trump transition," Nunes told reporters.

"Details about U.S. persons involved in the incoming administration with little or no apparent foreign intelligence value were widely disseminated in intelligence community reports."

He said that "additional names" of Trump transition officials had been unmasked in the intelligence reports and indicated that Trump's communications may have been swept up as well.

The intelligence collected has nothing to do with Russia or the investigation into Moscow’s meddling in the 2016 presidential election, according to Nunes.

"I want to be clear — none of this surveillance was related to Russia or the investigation of Russian activities or of the Trump team,” Nunes said.

The congressman said he had viewed dozens of documents showing that the information had been incidentally collected."

Thank you, TinyDancer. I did read that article and my questions arise from reading it. This is about as clear and convincing as mud. Nunes may have plenty to disclose, but if so he needs to do so. So far, this could very easily be a sham to cover Trump's hiny. I'm not saying it is, but it sure could be more fun and games. Innuendo and people putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5 and writing headlines and starting threads all excited about their facts that aren't facts at all.
But thanks.
That's too bad. How are the trumptards ever going to convince you to join their ranks and believe the spin is more important than the facts?
This "thinking for yourself" business just isn't part of the plan.

The incidental collection was because they were talking to Russian agents. Perhaps not every conversation had to do with the tampering they were plotting.. Release the transcripts so we will know, then those fuks in DC can't play their fucking word games anymore.
Wrong. Nunes stated it had nothing to do with Russia or criminality.

You couldn't be more wrong. As the opening article says:

Unmasking involves revealing the identity of an American caught on a FISA or NSA intercept of foreign nationals, or terrorists.

If Nunes says it wasn't Russians, that only leaves terrorists that the Trump folks were talking to.

Tell me you are joking.

it took a couple of days but looks like the right wing echo chamber is finally all atwitter pun intended

I've noticed the lag is about 2-3 days after each piece of horrific news, something like that
With that 2-3 day lag, you'll have time to leave town before the round up.

I've got a Tarheel neighbor down the street, nice lady, nice and liberal too

looks like that move to TX did a job on ya
Yep, Texas turned me into a Trumpazoid. Too bad about that lady with a mental disease.

all they need to do is use a Sessions answer ... " I dont recall" and its all over.

RussianWinger easy button.

Just watched an interview on this....devastating.
Documents soon to be released shows "widespread dissemination of intelligence gathered on US Citizens who were all involved in the Trump campaign". The intelligence community were using their access to gain knowledge and look for mud on President Trump and his campaign members.
If this is all true. This is bigger than Watergate by a loooooooooooooooong shot. Watergate was a single event. This was a concerted and ongoing collaborative program by many in Obama's administration.

Now watch the left deny, deflect and do everything in their power to take attention from this.
there's nothing to deflect....what needs deflecting? I should and would hope the justice dept investigating would follow any leads they had of any possible crime.... :rolleyes:

First it was "Incidental" surveillance that resulted in the recording of private citizen Flynn. Now it turns out that SEVERAL Trump people were under this "incidental" surveillance between Election Day and the inauguration. Obviously, this was all being directed by Obama people.

There is a big storm brewing. Before it is all said and done many Democrat pols are going to prison.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Has H. Clinton been indicted yet? I believe we were promised an indictment months ago.

But thanks.

What I'm hoping out of this mess is a true investigation of the investigators. Let the chips fall where they may. You have several truly disturbing scandals with the intelligence community and if there was ever a swamp that needed to be drained it's with intel.

Whether it was Brennan's crew with illegal surveillance of the Senate Intelligence Committee, or Clapper lying about the NSA surveillance or this mess of "Russia did the hacking" when not one agency has examined the DNC server there really needs to be an investigation.

Again let the chips fall where they may.
Right. Ignore the treason and investigate the investigators.

The incidental collection was because they were talking to Russian agents. Perhaps not every conversation had to do with the tampering they were plotting.. Release the transcripts so we will know, then those fuks in DC can't play their fucking word games anymore.

Or, better yet, send Obama to jail for inappropriate use of government resources for political purposes and then lying about it.

We don't jail political opponents based on nonsensical hearsay.

Unmasking involves revealing the identity of an American caught on a FISA or NSA intercept of foreign nationals, or terrorists.

If Nunes says it wasn't Russians, that only leaves terrorists that the Trump folks were talking to.

Tell me you are joking.

Trump associates were doing a lot of talking to foreign nationals, or terrorists..And we can conclude the people they were talking to, if caught in legal surveillance means the people they were talking to, were suspected of criminal, terrorist, or spying activities.

Documents soon to be released shows "widespread dissemination of intelligence gathered on US Citizens who were all involved in the Trump campaign". The intelligence community were using their access to gain knowledge and look for mud on President Trump and his campaign members.
If this is all true. This is bigger than Watergate by a loooooooooooooooong shot. Watergate was a single event. This was a concerted and ongoing collaborative program by many in Obama's administration.

Now watch the left deny, deflect and do everything in their power to take attention from this.
there's nothing to deflect....what needs deflecting? I should and would hope the justice dept investigating would follow any leads they had of any possible crime.... :rolleyes:

Sorry, I wasn't aware you are sitting in on the House Intelligence Committee to know so much.
Otherwise you know absolutely nothing more than anyone else to make such a wide sweeping conclusion.
As I have said 1000 times, it is no less STUPID to automatically believe what you hear, as to automatically dismiss everything you hear.
I

Mud tries to change meanings by changing the words. Where does it say Obama wire tapped Trump?

"Members of the Donald Trump transition team, possibly including Trump himself, were under U.S. government surveillance following November’s presidential election, House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) told reporters Wednesday."
Who was the O.I.C., Jake? The man with the pen and the phone and the rubber stamp.
Comey said very clearly to the commitee that "no President can order a wire tap."

Hoss, you know what we have for a president: a megalomaniac in character.

He is dangerous to our republic.

I am quite sure you would rather have Pence as president, as I do.

First it was "Incidental" surveillance that resulted in the recording of private citizen Flynn. Now it turns out that SEVERAL Trump people were under this "incidental" surveillance between Election Day and the inauguration. Obviously, this was all being directed by Obama people.

There is a big storm brewing. Before it is all said and done many Democrat pols are going to prison.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Has H. Clinton been indicted yet? I believe we were promised an indictment months ago.

Indictment? Hell's Bells, they guaranteed she be in jail next to poor old Lois Lerner.......:spinner:

Trump said during the presidential debates, that if he was elected, he would have the attorney general investigate Hillary. And added, if he was president, Hillary would be in jail. True story.

Or, better yet, send Obama to jail for inappropriate use of government resources for political purposes and then lying about it.

But we illegally engage on surveillance against them, don't we?
We use the IRS against them as well.

Sorry, I wasn't aware you are sitting in on the House Intelligence Committee to know so much.
Otherwise you know absolutely nothing more than anyone else to make such a wide sweeping conclusion.
As I have said 1000 times, it is no less STUPID to automatically believe what you hear, as to automatically dismiss everything you hear.
I
just listening to the EXPERTS on surveillance procedures on the news...

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back