Breaking:House Intel Chair: Trump and team spied on during transition

Wrong. Nunes stated it had nothing to do with Russia or criminality.
The incidental collection was because they were talking to Russian agents. Perhaps not every conversation had to do with the tampering they were plotting.. Release the transcripts so we will know, then those fuks in DC can't play their fucking word games anymore.

Hillary did, as well as her campaign team, and -transition- team. Did you ever question any of that? Have you ever looked at her emails and the collusion that occurred? Seen the pay for play? Seen where she did not report some of those things, because she agreed to not become involved while Secretary of State, yet did anyway? Don't think she has business dealings throughout the world?
AP16264042190985.jpg

Sept, 2016
Hillary Clinton Meets with Foreign Dignitaries on UNGA Sidelines

If you think a successful businessman that has properties throughout the world, doesn't know important people within foreign countries, I have a bridge to sell ya. Does that make them a traitor? No. And you can bet your booty if anything improper occurs it will immediately come to the forefront. Unlike it did with Hillary and was swept under the rug.
Unless you are suggesting only govt or community organizers should be able to run. Well, sorry. That will only brings us to our knees.
Here is one for you
A World of Advice for Obama on Foreign Policy
You must have missed my links showing both Obama's transition team and Hillary's team all spoke with foreign officials
What I want to know is this. What did a non-government employee have to discuss with one or more officials of the Russian government? Did one or more of the conversation topics pertain to current or future U.S. policy re: Russia? If yes, I have a problem with that. If no, fine.
I have not seen your links.
TY for that.

I don't have an issue with asking the same question and having the same thinking.
What did a non-government employee have to discuss with one or more officials of the Russian government? Did one or more of the conversation topics pertain to current or future U.S. policy re: Russia? If yes, I have a problem with that. If no, fine.​
I recognize, however, that the background circumstances pertaining to PEOTUS Trump and PEOTUS Obama are very different.
  • Obama didn't have any former deals between himself/his closely held company and Russians.
  • Obama didn't have a history of having had substantial cash flows from Russians.
  • And more....click the link.
  • Obama never made a point of hiding his financial interactions with anyone.
As noted earlier, a huge portion of the issue with Trump and Russians is Trump's refusal to fully disclose/demonstrate the nature, timing and extent of his financial dealings in an environment wherein we know he's had multiple multimillion dollar deals with Russians having close ties to the Russian state and its intelligence organs and we know he has a deal with one Russian oligarch that has merely been put on hold, but not cancelled. That Trump also refuses to relinquish control of Trump Organization compounds the appearance and plausibility of there being something untoward going on.

Look, if you are going to keep responding obtusely to me, I'm going to have to stop paying attention to you. Either establish a level of substantive comparability between Clinton's/Obama's situation and that of Trump's or stop trying to build a case on superficial points of ambiguous similarity.

I don't care to be trifled with -- it's very disrespectful -- and I don't do that to others, yet that's precisely what you're doing. I know I can't stop you from doing it, but I don't have to be party to it when you do it.

What I want to know is this. What did a non-government employee have to discuss with one or more officials of the Russian government? Did one or more of the conversation topics pertain to current or future U.S. policy re: Russia? If yes, I have a problem with that. If no, fine.

The simple fact of the whole matter is that none of this would be going on had Trump and his team members to have fully disclosed the details of the nature, extent and timing of their interactions -- financial, conversational, etc. -- with Russians. At the very least, seeing that the applicable foreign interest forms and schedules of Trump's tax return, were they to have no Russian cash flows and assets reported in them, would at least put to bed the notion that Trump might still personally have financial interests that align with those of one or more Russian oligarchs.

It'd be different were Russia not an adversary of the U.S., but it is. Were it not so that many of Russia's top business people have past KGB/SVU employment histories, it'd, again, be a different matter. The matter would also be different were it that Trump does not have a long history of misrepresenting facts.
I'm thinking Nunes is pulling this to help out his buddy Trump. Source? If we've got real facts here, let's here them. Otherwise it's more stewed prunes.

I'm sorry. Are you asking me for a source or are you rhetorically noting that Nunes hasn't fully disclosed the nature of the source of his information?
I haven't read every post here, but I am asking if there is a reliable source telling us who Nunes got the information from and what information he received that was so concerning. Until I hear all that, this is just so much conjecture on both sides, by the same folks who brought us PizzaGate.

The link I have is from the Hill. Reliable and solid and unbiased. Nunes is very concerned
and rightly so that there was no Russian link nor was there any foreign intelligence information in all the information shared.

He received documents from someone he trusted. After all he is the head of House Intelligence.

That is disturbing. And what the bruhaha is all about.

"I recently confirmed that on numerous occasions, the intelligence community collected information on U.S. individuals involved in the Trump transition," Nunes told reporters.

"Details about U.S. persons involved in the incoming administration with little or no apparent foreign intelligence value were widely disseminated in intelligence community reports."

He said that "additional names" of Trump transition officials had been unmasked in the intelligence reports and indicated that Trump's communications may have been swept up as well.

The intelligence collected has nothing to do with Russia or the investigation into Moscow’s meddling in the 2016 presidential election, according to Nunes.

"I want to be clear — none of this surveillance was related to Russia or the investigation of Russian activities or of the Trump team,” Nunes said.

The congressman said he had viewed dozens of documents showing that the information had been incidentally collected."

If that isn't spying I don't know what is.

GOP chairman: Surveillance was collected about Trump transition team

Mud tries to change meanings by changing the words. Where does it say Obama wire tapped Trump?

"Members of the Donald Trump transition team, possibly including Trump himself, were under U.S. government surveillance following November’s presidential election, House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) told reporters Wednesday."
Who was the O.I.C., Jake? The man with the pen and the phone and the rubber stamp.

Responding obtusely? Is that what you call it when I am answering with some facts you don't care to discuss?

You can put me on ignore for all I care, but don't expect me not to strike back.

Hillary did, as well as her campaign team, and -transition- team. Did you ever question any of that? Have you ever looked at her emails and the collusion that occurred? Seen the pay for play? Seen where she did not report some of those things, because she agreed to not become involved while Secretary of State, yet did anyway? Don't think she has business dealings throughout the world?
AP16264042190985.jpg

Sept, 2016
Hillary Clinton Meets with Foreign Dignitaries on UNGA Sidelines

If you think a successful businessman that has properties throughout the world, doesn't know important people within foreign countries, I have a bridge to sell ya. Does that make them a traitor? No. And you can bet your booty if anything improper occurs it will immediately come to the forefront. Unlike it did with Hillary and was swept under the rug.
Unless you are suggesting only govt or community organizers should be able to run. Well, sorry. That will only brings us to our knees.
Here is one for you
A World of Advice for Obama on Foreign Policy
You must have missed my links showing both Obama's transition team and Hillary's team all spoke with foreign officials
I have not seen your links.
TY for that.

I don't have an issue with asking the same question and having the same thinking.
What did a non-government employee have to discuss with one or more officials of the Russian government? Did one or more of the conversation topics pertain to current or future U.S. policy re: Russia? If yes, I have a problem with that. If no, fine.​
I recognize, however, that the background circumstances pertaining to PEOTUS Trump and PEOTUS Obama are very different.
  • Obama didn't have any former deals between himself/his closely held company and Russians.
  • Obama didn't have a history of having had substantial cash flows from Russians.
  • And more....click the link.
  • Obama never made a point of hiding his financial interactions with anyone.
As noted earlier, a huge portion of the issue with Trump and Russians is Trump's refusal to fully disclose/demonstrate the nature, timing and extent of his financial dealings in an environment wherein we know he's had multiple multimillion dollar deals with Russians having close ties to the Russian state and its intelligence organs and we know he has a deal with one Russian oligarch that has merely been put on hold, but not cancelled. That Trump also refuses to relinquish control of Trump Organization compounds the appearance and plausibility of there being something untoward going on.

Look, if you are going to keep responding obtusely to me, I'm going to have to stop paying attention to you. Either establish a level of substantive comparability between Clinton's/Obama's situation and that of Trump's or stop trying to build a case on superficial points of ambiguous similarity.

I don't care to be trifled with -- it's very disrespectful -- and I don't do that to others, yet that's precisely what you're doing. I know I can't stop you from doing it, but I don't have to be party to it when you do it.

it took a couple of days but looks like the right wing echo chamber is finally all atwitter pun intended

I've noticed the lag is about 2-3 days after each piece of horrific news, something like that

Duh. You don't think a criminal investigation should include investigating the criminal? Ridiculous.

Wiretaps of political opposition, Dude. Pure Stalinist tactic.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Nixon didnt order WaterGate, but hid knowledge of it. If it's found out Obama knew about surveillance of the opposition party during the election, his name should now be on par with Nixon's, at least.
Obama is far removed from this, other than ordering the investigation of the Russians breaking in to the DNC which was reported on last summer... Would have been a dereliction of duty NOT to order an investigation.

Why are right wingers wigged out over that???

There is nothing illegal about it, even Nunes said so....which means they had probable cause that a crime was being committed and a warrant was present, or were working with foreign agents, or were incidentally caught up in someone else's /foreign surveillance and their conversation was pertinent to the alleged crime or wrong doing if it was left unmasked.

He also said that they were legal and collected incidentally, not from direct wiretapping of those persons.
I think if you close one eye and look at it in a mirror, skipping words here and there, it can mean just what he wants it to mean.

These pinheads are very clever.

Just watched an interview on this....devastating.
Documents soon to be released shows "widespread dissemination of intelligence gathered on US Citizens who were all involved in the Trump campaign". The intelligence community were using their access to gain knowledge and look for mud on President Trump and his campaign members.
If this is all true. This is bigger than Watergate by a loooooooooooooooong shot. Watergate was a single event. This was a concerted and ongoing collaborative program by many in Obama's administration.

Now watch the left deny, deflect and do everything in their power to take attention from this.

The simple fact of the whole matter is that none of this would be going on had Trump and his team members to have fully disclosed the details of the nature, extent and timing of their interactions -- financial, conversational, etc. -- with Russians. At the very least, seeing that the applicable foreign interest forms and schedules of Trump's tax return, were they to have no Russian cash flows and assets reported in them, would at least put to bed the notion that Trump might still personally have financial interests that align with those of one or more Russian oligarchs.

It'd be different were Russia not an adversary of the U.S., but it is. Were it not so that many of Russia's top business people have past KGB/SVU employment histories, it'd, again, be a different matter. The matter would also be different were it that Trump does not have a long history of misrepresenting facts.
I'm thinking Nunes is pulling this to help out his buddy Trump. Source? If we've got real facts here, let's here them. Otherwise it's more stewed prunes.

I'm sorry. Are you asking me for a source or are you rhetorically noting that Nunes hasn't fully disclosed the nature of the source of his information?
I haven't read every post here, but I am asking if there is a reliable source telling us who Nunes got the information from and what information he received that was so concerning. Until I hear all that, this is just so much conjecture on both sides, by the same folks who brought us PizzaGate.

The link I have is from the Hill. Reliable and solid and unbiased. Nunes is very concerned
and rightly so that there was no Russian link nor was there any foreign intelligence information in all the information shared.

He received documents from someone he trusted. After all he is the head of House Intelligence.

That is disturbing. And what the bruhaha is all about.

"I recently confirmed that on numerous occasions, the intelligence community collected information on U.S. individuals involved in the Trump transition," Nunes told reporters.

"Details about U.S. persons involved in the incoming administration with little or no apparent foreign intelligence value were widely disseminated in intelligence community reports."

He said that "additional names" of Trump transition officials had been unmasked in the intelligence reports and indicated that Trump's communications may have been swept up as well.

The intelligence collected has nothing to do with Russia or the investigation into Moscow’s meddling in the 2016 presidential election, according to Nunes.

"I want to be clear — none of this surveillance was related to Russia or the investigation of Russian activities or of the Trump team,” Nunes said.

The congressman said he had viewed dozens of documents showing that the information had been incidentally collected."

If that isn't spying I don't know what is.

GOP chairman: Surveillance was collected about Trump transition team
Thank you, TinyDancer. I did read that article and my questions arise from reading it. This is about as clear and convincing as mud. Nunes may have plenty to disclose, but if so he needs to do so. So far, this could very easily be a sham to cover Trump's hiny. I'm not saying it is, but it sure could be more fun and games. Innuendo and people putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5 and writing headlines and starting threads all excited about their facts that aren't facts at all.
But thanks.

it took a couple of days but looks like the right wing echo chamber is finally all atwitter pun intended

I've noticed the lag is about 2-3 days after each piece of horrific news, something like that
With that 2-3 day lag, you'll have time to leave town before the round up.

Duh. You don't think a criminal investigation should include investigating the criminal? Ridiculous.

Wiretaps of political opposition, Dude. Pure Stalinist tactic.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Nixon didnt order WaterGate, but hid knowledge of it. If it's found out Obama knew about surveillance of the opposition party during the election, his name should now be on par with Nixon's, at least.
Obama is far removed from this, other than ordering the investigation of the Russians breaking in to the DNC which was reported on last summer... Would have been a dereliction of duty NOT to order an investigation.

Why are right wingers wigged out over that???

There is nothing illegal about it, even Nunes said so....which means they had probable cause that a crime was being committed and a warrant was present, or were working with foreign agents, or were incidentally caught up in someone else's /foreign surveillance and their conversation was pertinent to the alleged crime or wrong doing if it was left unmasked.
They believe if the truth hurts, alternate facts wipe away the tears.

You guys areally so lame. It was like 4 threads started 20 min ago trying the same bait and switch.

Tap phones means general surveillance.
Trump Tower means anywhere on earth.
And when you say Trump and your link says transition membees that too is the same thing.

Basically whatever the news is Trump was right if you can switch around words and their meaning.

None of what you said justifies spying on American citizens.

from the article;

"the intelligence reports and indicated that Trump's communications may have been swept up"

MAY HAVE ... (NO PROOF)

uh huh, more conjecture from Little Miss Speculation her self.

an investigation is all inclusive last time I checked.

soooooooooooo,

YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNN

The incidental collection was because they were talking to Russian agents. Perhaps not every conversation had to do with the tampering they were plotting.. Release the transcripts so we will know, then those fuks in DC can't play their fucking word games anymore.

You couldn't be more wrong. As the opening article says:

Unmasking involves revealing the identity of an American caught on a FISA or NSA intercept of foreign nationals, or terrorists.

If Nunes says it wasn't Russians, that only leaves terrorists that the Trump folks were talking to.

With that 2-3 day lag, you'll have time to leave town before the round up.

I've got a Tarheel neighbor down the street, nice lady, nice and liberal too

looks like that move to TX did a job on ya

Forum List

Back