🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Breaking News: 8 People Killed, Mostly Children In Florida.

You do realize that all gun stores conduct back ground checks...even at gun shows....

Yes but private sales don't do background checks.

Neither does sales from the internet.

Very big loopholes that allow criminals to get guns and harm innocent people.

Close the loopholes and it's harder for a criminal to get a gun. It also makes it easier for law enforcement to find those selling guns to criminals and put them in jail where they belong.

Will it stop all crime? No. No one is suggesting it will. It will stop some crime. If it saves even one life from being cut short, it's worth the background check.

Just because we can't stop all crime doesn't mean we should just let criminals do what they want and not do anything about it.

Do you advocate that we stop prosecuting murderers and make it legal to murder someone just because we can't stop all murder from happening?
Sales through the internet certainly do require a background check.
When you buy a firearm on the internet, the item is shipped to a licensed gun dealer who is responsible for the background check.

Most gun show sales are also subject to checks. You will occasionally see private sales outside of the building, but most shows have security in place to prevent that.

Licensed gun sellers are on line. So are unlicensed and people who aren't in business selling guns.

When it's a private sale that's not done with a licensed seller there's no background check.

Which happens a lot. Both on line and in real time. Whether it's at gun show or just at someone's house.
I suppose it does happen, but according to federal law, firearms can only be shipped to a licensed gun dealer. There's a big time fine and considerable jail time if you get caught. Most of my purchases have been private sales, but I do occasionally buy retail or on line. There's a gun shop a mile and a half from here that handles that for me.

If it's only legal to ship weapons to licensed dealers, then those dealers are breaking the law when they sell a gun to someone and put it in the mail.

On line sales go through the mail.
Please try to understand this..... The on line licensed dealer ships your purchase to another licensed dealer convenient to you and for a fee, the 2nd dealer processes your background check as an agent for the on line dealer. I can not buy a gun on line and have it shipped directly to me unless I hold a Federal Firearms License. Do you get it now?

You do realize that all gun stores conduct back ground checks...even at gun shows....

Close the loopholes and it's harder for a criminal to get a gun. It also makes it easier for law enforcement to find those selling guns to criminals and put them in jail where they belong.

Will it stop all crime? No. No one is suggesting it will. It will stop some crime. If it saves even one life from being cut short, it's worth the background check.

Just because we can't stop all crime doesn't mean we should just let criminals do what they want and not do anything about it.

Do you advocate that we stop prosecuting murderers and make it legal to murder someone just because we can't stop all murder from happening?
When you buy a firearm on the internet, the item is shipped to a licensed gun dealer who is responsible for the background check.

Most gun show sales are also subject to checks. You will occasionally see private sales outside of the building, but most shows have security in place to prevent that.

Licensed gun sellers are on line. So are unlicensed and people who aren't in business selling guns.

When it's a private sale that's not done with a licensed seller there's no background check.

Which happens a lot. Both on line and in real time. Whether it's at gun show or just at someone's house.
So, if they are already breaking the law by not following protocal , what do you think another law will do?

It's not illegal to not do a background check if the seller isn't a licensed dealer.

That's the loophole.

Private sales, some sales over the internet and all private sales at gun shows aren't done with licensed dealers. So there aren't any background checks done.

A new law requiring all sales of guns include a background check will stop some sales to those who shouldn't have a gun. No. It won't stop all. However just because the death penalty doesn't stop murder doesn't mean we stop executing murderers.
Here ya go... When my father passed away, I inherited his firearms. Who should do a background check on me in that case?

Here ya go... When my father passed away, I inherited his firearms. Who should do a background check on me in that case?

You should probably just be arrested right off the bat...why?...because it would make the gun grabbers feel better...

So, if they are already breaking the law by not following protocal , what do you think another law will do?

It's not illegal to not do a background check if the seller isn't a licensed dealer.

That's the loophole.

Private sales, some sales over the internet and all private sales at gun shows aren't done with licensed dealers. So there aren't any background checks done.

A new law requiring all sales of guns include a background check will stop some sales to those who shouldn't have a gun. No. It won't stop all. However just because the death penalty doesn't stop murder doesn't mean we stop executing murderers.
did you reregister them to yourself? if not, you are illegally possessing firearms .
it would be the same if you inherited your dad's car.

Well, it's certainly ridiculously stupid for many of the propaganda consumers to run around sniveling about controlling guns while in other threads supporting open borders, never mind how stupid that is as part of the ideological wars. If one can't see the idiotic futility of holding both of those cognitively dissonant memes then they should just be ignored and not taken seriously.

The progressives and liberals hold all kinds of contradictory views. To be progressive is to be a very confused individual. Lol!

We should make all Muslims go through a back ground check too

-Geaux

Why not? They are dangerous and kill people. :)
Only Muslims kill people?

Only guns kill people?
if that is all you have able to do it..

But after relocating, Spirit, who left prison in 2006, would be charged with several misdemeanors and felonies. In 2008, he spent nearly four months in jail on a battery charge, and in 2009 he was put on probation after a DUI charge was reduced to reckless driving.Spirit’s children also had brushes with the law. Sarah Spirit, who was killed Thursday, was charged with grand theft last year and served probation.Two of the men who fathered her slain children are serving time in prison.Reuters reported late Friday that Sarah Spirit had gone to court in 2008 to request protection from her father but did not follow through with authorities.Read more here: Mass killing of 7 horrifies Florida town The Miami Herald

my question, with his history, why was the dui reduced? Why only 3 years after he killed his son, with felonies involving deaths, and battery previously?
I have no idea, since even with an attorney I have seen people get a lot worse..maybe the judge liked him??

The progressives and liberals hold all kinds of contradictory views. To be progressive is to be a very confused individual. Lol!

We should make all Muslims go through a back ground check too

-Geaux

Why not? They are dangerous and kill people. :)
Only Muslims kill people?

Only guns kill people?
if that is all you have able to do it..

You can kill with your hands by strangulation too. There are many ways to kill a person. I remember some years back, a woman killed her children by striking them in the head with a rock. If the will is there to kill, they will find a way.

But after relocating, Spirit, who left prison in 2006, would be charged with several misdemeanors and felonies. In 2008, he spent nearly four months in jail on a battery charge, and in 2009 he was put on probation after a DUI charge was reduced to reckless driving.Spirit’s children also had brushes with the law. Sarah Spirit, who was killed Thursday, was charged with grand theft last year and served probation.Two of the men who fathered her slain children are serving time in prison.Reuters reported late Friday that Sarah Spirit had gone to court in 2008 to request protection from her father but did not follow through with authorities.Read more here: Mass killing of 7 horrifies Florida town The Miami Herald

my question, with his history, why was the dui reduced? Why only 3 years after he killed his son, with felonies involving deaths, and battery previously?
I have no idea, since even with an attorney I have seen people get a lot worse..maybe the judge liked him??
That Judge needs to go. I bet they played on sympathies he 'accidentally' killed his son.

A friend of mines mother shot 1 of 3 drug users yesterday that kicked in her front door. No telling what they would have done to her if she didnt have a weapon.

Forum List

Back