BREAKING NEWS: Trump proposes 20% tax on imports from Mexico to pay for wall

Watch Mexico do the same to us...

Trade war is coming.

Wouldn't this just cause American companies to start making products in America?

Ahh.. No...

How about the other 191 countries in the world...

But Mexico will just ship goods to any country the world and ship them again into US or just ship to US and make the American Consumer pay for the wall...

I guess that Mexico are to next to nothing in fighting drug trafficking now..

Here are the real facts:

• U.S. goods and services trade with Mexico totaled an estimated $583.6 billion in 2015. Exports were $267.2 billion; imports were $316.4 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with Mexico was -$49.2 billion in 2015.
  • The United States has a services trade surplus of an estimated $9.2 billion with Mexico in 2015, down 12.7% from 2014.
  • Mexico was the United States' 2nd largest goods export market in 2015.
  • The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2015 were: machinery ($42 billion), electrical machinery ($41 billion), vehicles ($22 billion), mineral fuels ($19 billion), and plastics ($17 billion).

So $267 billion market is going to be severely affected when MExico puts the same on US... You are so concentrated on getting Mexico to pay you don't see that this is going to thousands of jobs. Putting about 150,000 at risk...

This is why we don't have trade wars... The Mexico-US trade deficit is not enough to not affect America...

China are having a great week, first TPP and now a trade war for them to pick clean.

Do you REALLY think that the CEO's of companies that bring products in from Mexico are going to absorb the costs of the tariffs? No, they're not, they will simply increase the price of their product and pass it off to the consumers (i.e. you and me).
List of products so I can open a factory here to mask them cheaper? Thanks!!
auto engines and parts
crude oil
Cool...as soon as Trump eliminates the regulations, we are good to go here....

Trade war is coming.

Wouldn't this just cause American companies to start making products in America?

Ahh.. No...

But Mexico will just ship goods to any country the world and ship them again into US or just ship to US and make the American Consumer pay for the wall...

Here are the real facts:

• U.S. goods and services trade with Mexico totaled an estimated $583.6 billion in 2015. Exports were $267.2 billion; imports were $316.4 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with Mexico was -$49.2 billion in 2015.
  • The United States has a services trade surplus of an estimated $9.2 billion with Mexico in 2015, down 12.7% from 2014.
  • The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2015 were: machinery ($42 billion), electrical machinery ($41 billion), vehicles ($22 billion), mineral fuels ($19 billion), and plastics ($17 billion).

So $267 billion market is going to be severely affected when MExico puts the same on US... You are so concentrated on getting Mexico to pay you don't see that this is going to thousands of jobs. Putting about 150,000 at risk...

This is why we don't have trade wars... The Mexico-US trade deficit is not enough to not affect America...

China are having a great week, first TPP and now a trade war for them to pick clean.
So you root for the USA to be the losers? We are expected to import more than we export? Why do liberals hate

Trade war is coming.

Ahh.. No...

Here are the real facts:

so, you are good with the us being on the shit end of the stick with trade deficits and the loss of American jobs! Why do liberals hate America?

so, you are good with the us being on the shit end of the stick with trade deficits and the loss of American jobs! Why do liberals hate America?

As long as you buy into stupid shit like trade wars, which you did, you deserve the shit kicking that's coming.

Everyone and his mother told you the stupid shit Trump was proposing wouldn't solve the problem of off-shoring. But you refused to believe it. And you so wanted to stick it to the left. Well you stuck it to yourselves, and as you like to tell everyone, elections have consequences.

The consequence of this election is that you have a President who knows nothing, has always hired someone to sweat the small stuff, has no government experience, and an ego as big as all outdoors.

But you also left in place a very partisan Republican House and Senate which just spent 8 years of being the "do nothing" Congress, which obstructed, blocked, and denied a popular President most of his agenda. These guys can screw you around in ways you haven't even thought of.

Mitch McConnell is the sleaziest, dirtiest political insider I have ever seen. I frequently want him dead. In this particular instance, I think fondly on the Turtle. McConnell's support for Trump was always tepid, at best. Paul Ryan isn't as down and out sleazy as McConnell but he is a true alpha male. Trump thinks he's one but he's merely a blustering bully. Ryan's the real deal. Working together, they will take down Trump and manage Mike Pence.

As long as you buy into stupid shit like trade wars, which you did, you deserve the shit kicking that's coming.

Everyone and his mother told you the stupid shit Trump was proposing wouldn't solve the problem of off-shoring. But you refused to believe it. And you so wanted to stick it to the left. Well you stuck it to yourselves, and as you like to tell everyone, elections have consequences.

The consequence of this election is that you have a President who knows nothing, has always hired someone to sweat the small stuff, has no government experience, and an ego as big as all outdoors.

But you also left in place a very partisan Republican House and Senate which just spent 8 years of being the "do nothing" Congress, which obstructed, blocked, and denied a popular President most of his agenda. These guys can screw you around in ways you haven't even thought of.

Mitch McConnell is the sleaziest, dirtiest political insider I have ever seen. I frequently want him dead. In this particular instance, I think fondly on the Turtle. McConnell's support for Trump was always tepid, at best. Paul Ryan isn't as down and out sleazy as McConnell but he is a true alpha male. Trump thinks he's one but he's merely a blustering bully. Ryan's the real deal. Working together, they will take down Trump and manage Mike Pence.
Fucking hilarious innit? Obammie said elections have consequences! Is that no longer valid?

1h9wso.jpg

It's in the throw-it-out-there and see flamefest brew, then proceed to say nvmnd,

Will never happen.
Yea, just like it would never happen that the Trumpenfuhrer would become our glorious leader. Your nothing but a unAmerican pessimist

Poor Steve_McMonkey is wrong, wrong again.

BREAKING NEWS: Now Trump has slapped a 20% tax on all imports from Mexico to pay for the border wall. Does that include his stuff made in Mexico?

White House press secretary says border wall will be funded by 20 percent import tax on Mexican goods

CI2bj_pWwAAoP4r.jpg

Might have been better to propose a tax on western union wires going to Mexico for starters. I think starting a trade war should be a real concern because Mexico does have other free trade agreements with countries besides us. However some tariffs might be a good idea if negotiated right

What a idiot, 20% tariff on Mexican products. To build a wall, a useless wall, a symbol of American stupidity. So now we also know that Presidents Small Hands knows nothing about economics Either. I had heard from many sources that he would have had way more money now , if he would have retired the day his daddy gave him all his money and he simply dumped it into a simple S&P fund and walked away. Now I totally believe it.

The Mexican peso collapsed after the President of Mexico refused to meet with Trump. They will come back, hat in hand, BEGGING for the opportunity to pay for the wall, and if Trump is merciful, he will ALLOW it.

There isn't going to be a 20% tax. Trump never announced it, someone in the administration merely suggested it is one way to get them to pay. The left lost its mind.

All Trump had to do is frown at something the President of Mexico said, and their peso rapidly devalued. Their entire economy completely leaches off our own, mostly through remittances, but also through lopsided trade agreements, not to mention the illegal drug trade. Mexico will come back to Trump, because it MUST, and a DEAL WILL BE CUT.

What a idiot, 20% tariff on Mexican products. To build a wall, a useless wall, a symbol of American stupidity. So now we also know that Presidents Small Hands knows nothing about economics Either. I had heard from many sources that he would have had way more money now , if he would have retired the day his daddy gave him all his money and he simply dumped it into a simple S&P fund and walked away. Now I totally believe it.

If this is the quality of the opposition, we have nothing to worry about.

You lost, now go protest, since you have all the time in the world.

There isn't going to be a 20% tax. Trump never announced it, someone in the administration merely suggested it is one way to get them to pay. The left lost its mind.
This must be some serious alternative facts that the OP is trafficking in.

Forum List

Back