Breaking: Obama To Address Nation Tonight. Will Bypass Congress & Invoke 14th Amendmt

AMENDMENT XIV

Passed by Congress June 13, 1866. Ratified July 9, 1868.

Note: Article I, section 2, of the Constitution was modified by section 2 of the 14th amendment.

Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2.
Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age,* and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Section 3.
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4.
The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5.
The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

*Changed by section 1 of the 26th amendment.

"The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. "

I don't see anything that allows Obama to issue new debt without congressional approval.

AMENDMENT XIV

Note: Article I, section 2, of the Constitution was modified by section 2 of the 14th amendment.

Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2.
Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age,* and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Section 3.
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4.
The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5.
The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

"The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. "

I don't see anything that allows Obama to issue new debt without congressional approval.

I am sure you don't. Here is the important part. "The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned."

No valid question exists whether he has the power do it. Whether he should is the question. The Congress members who vote against raising the limit are questioning the validity of the Amendment as well as the debt.

So Obama does not (I would not) and the next election sweeps 2/3d majorities of dems in both chambers and Obama. The first order of business will be to impeach the Republican Senators and Congressman who voted against the debt.

Remember that impeachment is a political weapon, and I suspect at that point the dems would use it like a hammer on an egg.

AMENDMENT XIV

Section 1.

Section 2.

Section 3.

Section 4.

Section 5.

I am sure you don't. Here is the important part. "The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned."

No valid question exists whether he has the power do it. Whether he should is the question. The Congress members who vote against raising the limit are questioning the validity of the Amendment as well as the debt.

So Obama does not (I would not) and the next election sweeps 2/3d majorities of dems in both chambers and Obama. The first order of business will be to impeach the Republican Senators and Congressman who voted against the debt.

Remember that impeachment is a political weapon, and I suspect at that point the dems would use it like a hammer on an egg.

I question the wisdom of incurring those debts, not the validity of the debt once it's been incurred.

A valid question does exist whether he has the power to do what no President has done since the debt ceiling was created.

Obama presides over a default and 9.2% unemployment and you feel the Dems would get 2/3rds in both chambers? LOL!
That's funny!

I question the wisdom of incurring those debts, not the validity of the debt once it's been incurred.

A valid question does exist whether he has the power to do what no President has done since the debt ceiling was created.

Obama presides over a default and 9.2% unemployment and you feel the Dems would get 2/3rds in both chambers? LOL!
That's funny!

Yes, because the Teabots are setting the Pubs up for a massive defeat.

Last edited:
AMENDMENT XIV

Section 1.

Section 2.

Section 3.

Section 4.

Section 5.

"So Obama does not (I would not) and the next election sweeps 2/3d majorities of dems in both chambers and Obama"

Republicans hold 47 Senate seats.
Only 10 of which are up in 2012.
The Dems cannot get 2/3rds, even if you use Obama math. :lol::lol::lol:

The Republicans could take 20 of the 23 Dem seats to get 2/3rds.

That's funny!

Yes, because the Teabots are setting the Pubs up for a massive defeat.
9.2%, suck it Obama!

10.8% in Reagan's third year. BHO is still a point and a half better. You got nothing, kid.

It'll all sort itself out in the impeachment hearings. Probable that there won't be a conclusion berfore January, 2013 and it'll continue in further corruption hearings and, ultimately, criminal proceedings. By then, however, the accused will have taken sanctuary in Venezuela. Unless, of course, there IS a God and the Venezuela option is no longer viable.

It'll all sort itself out in the impeachment hearings. Probable that there won't be a conclusion berfore January, 2013 and it'll continue in further corruption hearings and, ultimately, criminal proceedings. By then, however, the accused will have taken sanctuary in Venezuela. Unless, of course, there IS a God and the Venezuela option is no longer viable.

You are delusional, as Our Lord does know, and will have mercy on you. :lol:

10.8% in Reagan's third year. BHO is still a point and a half better. You got nothing, kid.

In July 1983, unemployment was 9.4%, down from 10.8% in December 1982. Lower than it had been in a year. And trending down.
In July 2011, unemployment is 9.2%, 1% higher than when he took office. And trending up.

By November 1984, unemployment was down to 7.2%.
You realistically think Obama can get it down to 7.2% by next November?

Check your figures for all three years before you go post crazy. You don't want to be caught out. If the unemployment goes under 7.5% year from now, Obama gets re-elected. If the Tea Party blow the jobs market apart with default and unemployment skyrockets, Obama gets re-elected.

You need to think before you write.

Check your figures for all three years before you go post crazy. You don't want to be caught out. If the unemployment goes under 7.5% year from now, Obama gets re-elected. If the Tea Party blow the jobs market apart with default and unemployment skyrockets, Obama gets re-elected.

(You're such a pussy..... Seriously, whiner boy....)

And an idiot...

Not one economist or anyone for that matter, believes the unemployment rate will drop significantly in a year, let alone to 7.5%....

You need to think before you drool, dumbass...

Last edited:

Default? If Obama doesn't pay the bondholders first, that's on him.

And an idiot...

Not one economist or anyone for that matter, believes the unemployment rate will drop significantly in a year, let alone to 7.5%....

We'll see 10% before we see 7.5%.
Unless Obamacare gets repealed.

And an idiot...

If the debt ceiling is not raised and default occurs, we will see 10% plus unemployment and the GOP will be completely in the minority again. The dems will not waste that shot if given it one more time. Think about you wish for.

And an idiot...

If the debt ceiling is not raised and default occurs, we will see 10% plus unemployment and the GOP will be completely in the minority again. The dems will not waste that shot if given it one more time. Think about you wish for.

I wish Obamacare was repealed so employment would start improving.

I wish Obama stopped pouting and agreed to spending cuts so employment would start improving.

Interest rate hikes from lower bond ratings will slow the economy and increase unemployment. This is the result of not handling the spending issue. That rests more squarely on the Democrats. Interestingly, it plays directly into the hands of the Tea Party.

Forum List

Back