BREAKING! Robert Mueller Requests Postponement of Gen. Michael Flynn’s Sentencing

It was already accepted.

What "misconduct" do you believe occurred?

Illegal FISA warrant.

Judges can change their mind if there is new evidence.
What illegal FISA warrant in regards to Flynn?

Several people have been claiming that there was no warrant for Flynn. Without a warrant, nothing is admissible. So there must have been a FISA warrant for Flynn, right?
No, not right.

No warrant = no evidence he lied. Have a nice day! :D
Suuure, uh-huh.

Too bad Flynn's lawyer didn't think of that, huh? Maybe you should inform him? Whaddya think?

I've been looking around, but I haven't found anything to support that position. No statutes, no court rulings, nothing. I don't know for sure, though - and if the Court were to take it up in the future, I wouldn't be surprised if they agreed with what you're saying.

But unless I've missed something - and I've done a number of Westlaw and Lexis searches - there's no court precedent or statutes that I've been able to find that say that incidental recording is inadmissible absent a warrant.
That is a pain in the ass to review. Way too many defined terms, but I have seen it. I believe they are prohibited from using the incidental collection to prosecute U.S. Persons (term of art) But, I really, really, REALLY don't want to wade through that thing again to find it. I will just concede if I have to do that.
:lol:

Great, so how does that render a warrant, "illegal?"

If the fbi materially misreported the evidence they used to obtain the warrant that is called PERJURY. If they perjured themselves to obtain the warrant they are fucked three ways from Sunday.
Again, you're conflating the warrant on Page with Flynn. :rolleyes:

How do you know the memo has to do with Page?

You don't, do you?
The news is reporting unnamed sources familiar with the memo are claiming that's among Nunes' memo.

Oh, so you can explain that you have absolutely no basis for that claim. Fake news strikes again! Good job!
Of course there's basis for my claim. Not that someone as sharp as you could tell, since you're too busy schooling Michael Flynn's lawyer.

Care to provide a link to that. I haven't heard one bit of that.
LOL

You haven't heard about an "illegal warrant" used on Flynn either -- that didn't interfere with your claims about an "illegal warrant" you know nothing about which is not being reported about by anyone.

And you're still stuck on square one bleating about that which you know nothing about.
LOLOL

Cries the idiot who has zero knowledge of the illegally obtained warrant used on Flynn because it's actually alledged to have been used on Page, not Flynn.

:dance:

You keep trotting that out as though it exists. Where is it?
WASHINGTON — A secret, highly contentious Republican memo reveals that Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein approved an application to extend surveillance of a former Trump campaign associate shortly after taking office last spring, according to three people familiar with it. The renewal shows that the Justice Department under President Trump saw reason to believe that the associate, Carter Page, was acting as a Russian agent

Secret Memo Hints at a New Republican Target: Rod Rosenstein

Wow! The NY Slime! Purveyors of all fine things and fake news!

So, why hasn't Rosenstein been perp walked out of the FBI headquarters, or is that coming today?

If the fbi materially misreported the evidence they used to obtain the warrant that is called PERJURY. If they perjured themselves to obtain the warrant they are fucked three ways from Sunday.

You don't, do you?
The news is reporting unnamed sources familiar with the memo are claiming that's among Nunes' memo.

Oh, so you can explain that you have absolutely no basis for that claim. Fake news strikes again! Good job!
Of course there's basis for my claim. Not that someone as sharp as you could tell, since you're too busy schooling Michael Flynn's lawyer.

Really? What basis is that? A fake news article with no sources named. Truly a worthy endeavor on your part!

LOL

You haven't heard about an "illegal warrant" used on Flynn either -- that didn't interfere with your claims about an "illegal warrant" you know nothing about which is not being reported about by anyone.

And you're still stuck on square one bleating about that which you know nothing about.
LOLOL

Cries the idiot who has zero knowledge of the illegally obtained warrant used on Flynn because it's actually alledged to have been used on Page, not Flynn.

WASHINGTON — A secret, highly contentious Republican memo reveals that Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein approved an application to extend surveillance of a former Trump campaign associate shortly after taking office last spring, according to three people familiar with it. The renewal shows that the Justice Department under President Trump saw reason to believe that the associate, Carter Page, was acting as a Russian agent

So, why hasn't Rosenstein been perp walked out of the FBI headquarters, or is that coming today?
Who said the claims levied in Nunes' memo are true??

Yeah, I am sure Flynn was calling the Russian ambassador on a payphone in Jersey City, NJ!
Doesn't matter one bit. Even if they were tapping the Russian Ambassador (they were) they illegally reviewed a U.S. Person's conversation without a warrant. THAT is the issue.

Poisonous tree.

Can you tell me what law was broken by "reviewing a U.S. Person's conversation" without a warrant?

How about the 4th Amendment? DUH!

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

A wiretap requires a warrant, does it not?

As per 50 U.S.C. 1802 (the legal codification of Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act), the President, through the Attorney General, can order electronic surveillance on any agent of a foreign government without a warrant for periods of time up to 1 year, and which can be renewed as many times as wanted.

So? I never said anything about that. Did I?

This is a perfect example of your immature thinking.

A wiretap gathering evidence against Flynn must have a warrant or it violates the 4th Amendment. True or not true?

That is a question. I ended my last post with a question and you answered a question that I didn't even ask.

Try again! Your grades are probably falling faster than Nancy Pelosi's facelifts!

You don't, do you?

Really? What basis is that? A fake news article with no sources named. Truly a worthy endeavor on your part!
Oh? You want me to show you the same report from Fox? Will that help ya?

LOLOL

I am sure they have the source documents to back them up.

You don't, do you?

Nope. Unnamed sources from any news media doesn't do it for me. They shouldn't for anyone with a brain, which is why we know liberals love them!

What happens if the guilty plea is not accepted by the judge because of some misconduct by the FBI brought out in the FISA memo?

It was already accepted.

What "misconduct" do you believe occurred?

Illegal FISA warrant.

Judges can change their mind if there is new evidence.
What illegal FISA warrant in regards to Flynn?

Several people have been claiming that there was no warrant for Flynn. Without a warrant, nothing is admissible. So there must have been a FISA warrant for Flynn, right?

None of us know the specifics. Some of us have been speculating that there might not have been a warrant for Flynn - which would not preclude evidence gathered during the surveillance of someone one that Flynn was incidentally caught up in.

Wrong. Read the 4th Amendment.

You should have at least picked up on that at least while watching Law & Order.

LOLOL

LOLOL

Just like you were sure that our intelligence community was claiming there was a link between Iraq and 9.11 even though I showed you a CIA memo proving they didn't believe that? And then you idiotically claiming you had sources (though you failed to produce any) that you believed to be more accurately describing our intelligence community's position than a CIA memo?

:lmao:

You rightards are a riot.
thumbsup.gif

Yeah, I am sure Flynn was calling the Russian ambassador on a payphone in Jersey City, NJ!
Doesn't matter one bit. Even if they were tapping the Russian Ambassador (they were) they illegally reviewed a U.S. Person's conversation without a warrant. THAT is the issue.

Poisonous tree.

Can you tell me what law was broken by "reviewing a U.S. Person's conversation" without a warrant?

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Flynn was not under surveillance.

If he was not under surveillance, then anything discovered during that surveillance without a warrant is inadmissible.

4th Amendment.

Why are you people not reading it? I even posted it twice!

Nope. Unnamed sources from any news media doesn't do it for me. They shouldn't for anyone with a brain, which is why we know liberals love them!
Now THAT'S funny given it's the right who's actually pushing Nunes' memo without actually knowing how it was compiled or what is in it -- but wholeheartedly b'lieving it anyway.

LOLOL

Just like you were sure that our intelligence community was claiming there was a link between Iraq and 9.11 even though I showed you a CIA memo proving they didn't believe that? And then you idiotically claiming you had sources (though you failed to produce any) that you believed to be more accurately describing our intelligence community's position than a CIA memo?

:lmao:

You rightards are a riot.
thumbsup.gif

I am not going to rehash that thread again, because it is readily apparent that you simply cannot read, nor understand timelines of events.

Poisonous tree.

Flynn was not under surveillance.

If he was not under surveillance, then anything discovered during that surveillance without a warrant is inadmissible.

4th Amendment.

Why are you people not reading it? I even posted it twice!
Because we have Flynn's guilty plea as evidence you're a dumbfuck who doesn't fully understand what he's talking about.

Now THAT'S funny given it's the right who's actually pushing Nunes' memo without actually knowing how it was compiled or what is in it -- but wholeheartedly b'lieving it anyway.

The other committee members and members of Congress who read it seem to think it is correct. I can put names to that!

Forum List

Back