Breaking: SCOTUS ends Affirmative Action in university race-based admissions

Every single applicant is allowed to wrote about their personal life experiences and how overcoming adversity might have whether it is poverty, being a child of immigrants, growing up on a reservation, facing bigotry or antisemitism. Except for for Blacks.

Every single applicant is likely coached in what to write to maximize chances of admission, and no one objects. Except for Blacks.
Where on earth are you getting that?

Maybe. I don't know you well enough and your post contained too much wiggle room for me to be certain of exactly what you are arguing. I didn't see anything I automatically would argue with, but in all honestly I wasn't exactly sure what you were getting at either.
I thought it was pretty clear. Potential doesn’t always translate to qualifications.

No. Are you so eager to falsely accuse me of racism that you pretend not to understand the point?

The point is that an Asian or Jew who writes of bigotry will not be “rewarded” by elite schools because they are not looking to artificially raise their numbers. In fact, ”outing” oneself as a Jew or Asian can HURT their chances.

Your point is pointless because you have yet to show any evidence that is the case. If “outing themselves” DECREASES their chances then 7% of the American population would not comprise 27.9% of Harvards incoming freshman.

The only group who will gain by talking about racism and bigotry against them are blacks - because the schools are still seeking to find ways to favor blacks and discriminate against whites and Asians.

The ONLY group you ever talk about is Blacks. Despite the fact that AA also helped White women and Asians. Asians aren’t losing seats to Blacks, they are losing them to legacy and donor admits but you only pick on Black admits.

She just likes to imply I’m racist with every post, simply for objecting to race factored into decisions.
Along with your assertions they have a lower IQ, are overrepresented in media, are more likely to be unqualified for the jobs they get… etc etc.

When you single out Blacks and only Blacks, as unfair recipients of a system that has also benefitted other groups (some to a greater extent than Blacks)….you are quacking like a duck.

Are you walking like one?

Your point is pointless because you have yet to show any evidence that is the case. If “outing themselves” DECREASES their chances then 7% of the American population would not comprise 27.9% of Harvards incoming freshman.
AGAIN with “matchy-matchy” of percentages? Asians have a higher percentage in Harvars than their general population because they are the FAR BETTER STUDENTS!

This is the whole problem with the leftists’ obsession with percentages, overriding competence, in order to have “appropriate” representation. How many left-handed people are at Harvard? If the general percentage is 10%, should we lower admissions standards as necessary until 10% of the student body is left-handed?

The ONLY group you ever talk about is Blacks. Despite the fact that AA also helped White women and Asians. Asians aren’t losing seats to Blacks, they are losing them to legacy and donor admits but you only pick on Black admits.
I hear that crap about the white women, but I’m not hearing any white women complaining that AA has been dropped.

As far as focusing on blacks, that’s where the most pronounced favoritism lies.

And as far as legacies, that’s not racist. Black legacy students get in that way too.

Along with your assertions they have a lower IQ, are overrepresented in media, are more likely to be unqualified for the jobs they get… etc etc.

None of that is racist. It is a fact that the average black IQ is much lower than, say, the average Asian IQ.

Neither is pointed out that they are EXTREMELY overrepresented in advertising, as that shows the racist decisions that go into hiring them over whites,

And yes, with affirmative action giving promotions to blacks due to skin color, of course they are more likely to be unqualified.
When you single out Blacks and only Blacks, as unfair recipients of a system that has also benefitted other groups (some to a greater extent than Blacks)….you are quacking like a duck.

And why are you not coming down on posters who say really awful things….like “Negroes” don‘t know how to behave, that they leave gatherings when too many blacks are there, etc? Surely you could find another Jew to target.
Are you walking like one?
NOPE. But YOU are.

AGAIN with “matchy-matchy” of percentages? Asians have a higher percentage in Harvars than their general population because they are the FAR BETTER STUDENTS!

And again, that clearly shows they are not being discriminated against. Even the Supreme Court didn’t find that.

This is the whole problem with the leftists’ obsession with percentages, overriding competence, in order to have “appropriate” representation. How many left-handed people are at Harvard? If the general percentage is 10%, should we lower admissions standards as necessary until 10% of the student body is left-handed?

The best measure of competence is graduation rates. And speaking of percentages….aren’t you the one who complains about Blacks being over-represented in ads and movies? Percentages.
I hear that crap about the white women, but I’m not hearing any white women complaining that AA has been dropped.
That not alter the fact they benefitted the most from AA, I don’t hear you complaining. Even Asians say they benefitted from AA.

As far as focusing on blacks, that’s where the most pronounced favoritism lies.

Sure.

And as far as legacies, that’s not racist. Black legacy students get in that way too.

The study, published earlier this month in the National Bureau of Economic Research, found that 43 percent of white students admitted to Harvard University were recruited athletes, legacy students, children of faculty and staff, or on the dean’s interest list — applicants whose parents or relatives have donated to Harvard.

That number drops dramatically for black, Latino and Asian American students, according to the study, with less than 16 percent each coming from those categories.

The study also found that roughly 75 percent of the white students admitted from those four categories, labeled 'ALDCs' in the study, “would have been rejected if they had been treated as white non-ALDCs,” the study said.

Almost 70 percent of all legacy applicants are white, compared with 40 percent of all applicants who do not fall under those categories, the authors found.

Removing preferences for athletes and legacies would significantly alter the racial distribution of admitted students, with the share of white admits falling and all other groups rising or remaining unchanged,” the study said.

I have spoken at length with many, many admissions officers at many colleges. They have all told me that if an application comes with a photo they are highly likely to place it in the circular file just to avoid problems if nothing else.

Sawry
That's Doubtful in my opinion.

And again, that clearly shows they are not being discriminated against. Even the Supreme Court didn’t find that.

The best measure of competence is graduation rates. And speaking of percentages….aren’t you the one who complains about Blacks being over-represented in ads and movies? Percentages.

That not alter the fact they benefitted the most from AA, I don’t hear you complaining. Even Asians say they benefitted from AA.

Sure.

The study, published earlier this month in the National Bureau of Economic Research, found that 43 percent of white students admitted to Harvard University were recruited athletes, legacy students, children of faculty and staff, or on the dean’s interest list — applicants whose parents or relatives have donated to Harvard.

That number drops dramatically for black, Latino and Asian American students, according to the study, with less than 16 percent each coming from those categories.

The study also found that roughly 75 percent of the white students admitted from those four categories, labeled 'ALDCs' in the study, “would have been rejected if they had been treated as white non-ALDCs,” the study said.

Almost 70 percent of all legacy applicants are white, compared with 40 percent of all applicants who do not fall under those categories, the authors found.

Removing preferences for athletes and legacies would significantly alter the racial distribution of admitted students, with the share of white admits falling and all other groups rising or remaining unchanged,” the study said.
Asians must score 140 points higher on the exams than Blacks to get the same score. DISCRIMINATION

Sure.

Interesting. You have no problem with blacks being overrepresented in media, chosen for their skin color, yet you have a problem with whites or Asians who overrepresented, chosen for having better grades and scores.

Coyote

If YOU didn’t walk like a racist and talk like a racist, you would not be upset that racial discrimination has just been ruled unconstitutional, nor would you address a Jewish woman as “Princess” to get her goat.
Lisa, I go by the threads you start and the comments you make regarding race and they follow a pattern. I am pro diversity and I support the right of colleges to be flexible in the criteria they use in order to achieve that outcome of it is what they want.

I don’t limit that to race either.

And yes, I do try to get your goat when you run around calling people anti-semitic.

Asians must score 140 points higher in the exams than Blacks to get the same score. DISCRIMINATION
Yup. And Harvard sent recruitment letters out to blacks with SAT scores of only 1150, but Asians needed a 1400 to get a letter.

Now 1150 isn’t BAD, but it really isn’t Harvard material. Unless you’re black.

Interesting. You have no problem with blacks being overrepresented in media, chosen for their skin color, yet you have a problem with whites or Asians who overrepresented, chosen for having better grades and scores.

That's the mindset of the Progressive Cult.

No question. Harvard's rhetoric about "diversity" is 100% bullshit. It's all about $$$. They want diversity - drop all legacy admits and stop the express discrimination based on race.

Blacks vote for her Party.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back