Bribery is a loser

I am far from a Trump supporter, however I need to call out yet another misstep from the Democrats. I posted about how Obstruction was a losing argument after the Mueller Report was released and now I see them doing it again with the Bribery claim.

I get that Bribery is in the constitution so they want to draw a simple and direct line with their charges for impeachment but what Trump did and what the context of bribery in the constitution is are two different things. By their definition, politicians and all past presidents commit bribery in the course of their foreign affairs. What Trump did was an abuse of office by dealing for personal gain, that should be the focus, not bribery. What the constitution was trying to protect from was politicians being paid to make policy... of course the lines are blurred with all the lobbying that goes on in Washington, a system that I’d happily like to see reformed, but that’s another story.

Best thing for Dems to do is wrap up the hearings. Get all the facts out with as little hyperbole as possible and then not file for impeachment but rather leave it up to the voters in next years election. Trump is as swampy as they come and he cares more about the fight than the future. I think enough people see that and will vote to end the drama and embarrassment. Let’s not make a martyr out of him by driving this impeachment train off a cliff.
Today was pretty melodramatic at times. The ambassador did fine, but she didn't have much to say about the crimes. Just Trump's bad behavior which was revolting but not criminal.

What he was doing on twitter might be added to the impeachment... Trump ego is going to be what hangs his political career...
I don't think you can be impeached for being an asshole, Bruce. I thought Schiff was embarrassingly melodramatic about the whole thing, too. But since it was no doubt ego that fueled Trump's attempts to get that public statement out of Zelensky, you're probably right.
What was it they used to call it when we studied those Ancient Roman plays? The tragic flaw.

Best thing for Dems to do is wrap up the hearings. Get all the facts out with as little hyperbole as possible and then not file for impeachment but rather leave it up to the voters in next years election. Trump is as swampy as they come and he cares more about the fight than the future. I think enough people see that and will vote to end the drama and embarrassment. Let’s not make a martyr out of him by driving this impeachment train off a cliff.

Um. No. If you don't draw a line in the sand and say, "This is too much", then youare pretty much inviting Trump to do a lot worse.

Let's not forget HE PULLED THIS SHIT RIGHT AFTER THE MUELLER REPORT CAME OUT!

In short, he dodged a bullet and went right out and did something even more blatant!

It would be like if Clinton dodged the Lewinsky Bullet, and then celebrated by having an orgy with the intern pool.

Um. No. If you don't draw a line in the sand and say, "This is too much", then youare pretty much inviting Trump to do a lot worse.

In short, he dodged a bullet and went right out and did something even more blatant!

It would be like if Clinton dodged the Lewinsky Bullet, and then celebrated by having an orgy with the intern pool.

yeah we wouldnt want trump or any other president looking into corruption in the future

thats not true or else you’d state it now instead of giving the vague troll answers.

nothing vague about it,,,

its been posted many times and you refuse to look at it,,,
Prove it
prove what???

that youre a fucking idiot troll???
Prove that you posted evidence of a current investigation into Biden like you said you did. Point to the post or post it again because I sure as hell didn’t see it. The only thing you posted was a comment from Kent about investigating the money that the ceo of burisma stole.

he stole it and then used it to pay his people including hunter,,,

see that wasnt very hard,,,
You got up in the middle in the night and had sex with a goat. See that wasn’t hard to prove either... wow, easy to win arguments using your logic. Thanks for that.

Let Trump do that childish shit. Call him on it or ignore him but don’t play the same games.

nothing vague about it,,,

its been posted many times and you refuse to look at it,,,
Prove it
prove what???

Prove that you posted evidence of a current investigation into Biden like you said you did. Point to the post or post it again because I sure as hell didn’t see it. The only thing you posted was a comment from Kent about investigating the money that the ceo of burisma stole.

You got up in the middle in the night and had sex with a goat. See that wasn’t hard to prove either... wow, easy to win arguments using your logic. Thanks for that.

what I do in the middle of the night in my house is none of your business,,,

unless of course the goat belongs to you

yeah we wouldnt want trump or any other president looking into corruption in the future
if Trump was interested in corruption he would have mentioned the ceo of burisma, the guy actually accused of being corrupt, or one of the many others. But no, it was the DNC and Biden. Wake up

prove what???

what I do in the middle of the night in my house is none of your business,,,

unless of course the goat belongs to you
Good point. You got me there

Let Trump do that childish shit. Call him on it or ignore him but don’t play the same games.

Um, again. No.

He was willing to endanger a lot of people and American interests to "play his games".

Now, I have no illusions. The GOP won't convict him unless something more blatant comes up. They are cowards.

But you still point out it's wrong, and article of impeachment is the strongest message we have..

I am far from a Trump supporter, however I need to call out yet another misstep from the Democrats. I posted about how Obstruction was a losing argument after the Mueller Report was released and now I see them doing it again with the Bribery claim.

I get that Bribery is in the constitution so they want to draw a simple and direct line with their charges for impeachment but what Trump did and what the context of bribery in the constitution is are two different things. By their definition, politicians and all past presidents commit bribery in the course of their foreign affairs. What Trump did was an abuse of office by dealing for personal gain, that should be the focus, not bribery. What the constitution was trying to protect from was politicians being paid to make policy... of course the lines are blurred with all the lobbying that goes on in Washington, a system that I’d happily like to see reformed, but that’s another story.

I agree with everything said here with the exception that Trump abused his power for personal gain.

To date, there is no credible evidence that has occured.

That's how narcissists operate. Let them get away with minor stuff and they'll escalate. Which Trump has consistently done since he entered the Oval Office.

He wasn't looking for corruption. Looking for corruption would have meant sending investigators to look into it.

He wanted to get the Ukraine to smear Biden,and make it look like they were doing it on their own.

but he did send investigators,,,,,,and also included the DOJ into it,,,

if Trump was interested in corruption he would have mentioned the ceo of burisma, the guy actually accused of being corrupt, or one of the many others. But no, it was the DNC and Biden. Wake up

the CEO wasnt the former vice pres of the USA,,,

but your right about the rest,,, it is about the DNC collusion,, to bad joe shot his mouth off and got drawn into it

As one narrative fails democommiecrats drag out another. Quid pro quo went bust so they dragged out bribery. That's fizzling so they are trying witness intimidation in absolute desperation.

They already tried child moleststion and insider trading. Both of those died in the box.

No, he really didn't. Rudy isn't an investigator, he's a bag man.

As one narrative fails democommiecrats drag out another. Quid pro quo went bust so they dragged out bribery. That's fizzling so they are trying witness intimidation in absolute desperation.

They already tried child moleststion and insider trading. Both of those died in the box.

YOu do realize Quid Pro Quo and Bribery are the same thing, right?

No, he really didn't. Rudy isn't an investigator, he's a bag man.

YOu do realize Quid Pro Quo and Bribery are the same thing, right?

an investigator is someone you send to investigate,,,your opinion means nothing,,,,

thankfully neither bribery or QPQ never happened,,,
this is all about DNC/Ukraine collusion in 2016,,,

biden was an after thought when he admitted to wrong doing

an investigator is someone you send to investigate,,,your opinion means nothing,,,,

You guys keep going with that story.

If it's Trump's credibility vs. career diplomats, you really haven't got a leg to stand on.

You guys keep going with that story.

If it's Trump's credibility vs. career diplomats, you really haven't got a leg to stand on.

you need to sit down after that spin,,,,

I got 2 legs to stand on,,,and more,,we got facts,,,
that might be why the DNC have resorted to 4th hand hearsay and opinions to make their case

Forum List

Back