British Man Beheaded

The silence from the Muslim community is deafening.
What do you expect them to say?? ..... :cool:

What? what do you think!

For starters, to condemn with the loudest voice possible, this barbaric, demonic, Islamist agenda !!!
So you want muslims to condemn other muslims for not wanting unwelcome westerners polluting their country? ..... :cool:

So, you feel it's all fine and hunky-dory to kill anyone they don't want in "their" country? Even people who have lived there for generations, as long as they are not muslim (and the right kind of muslim, it would seem), that these animals are justified committing genocide?

This many sound like a novel idea.

But we might try leaving the Middle East countries alone.

And let them chart their own destiny and live how they want to live.

Just a suggestion......... :cool:

That sounds lovely...until one realizes that their Destiny and How They Want To Live is by killing everyone who isn't a Muslim.
How does the Saudi treatment of their women affect you here in the US?

I'm not speaking of that. I'm referring to the genocide being committed against Christians, the Sharia law that is poisoning communities in Europe, and the killing of Americans to threaten us. If you think this is trivial threat, you are sorely mistaken.

I asked Econchick to what end does our intervention serve? What is the end game you envision?

The end game is the same one as in any war: to destroy the enemy so that it is no longer a threat to national security. Unless we are willing to do that, then lobbing drones is pointless.

That sounds lovely...until one realizes that their Destiny and How They Want To Live is by killing everyone who isn't a Muslim.

I'm not speaking of that. I'm referring to the genocide being committed against Christians, the Sharia law that is poisoning communities in Europe, and the killing of Americans to threaten us. If you think this is trivial threat, you are sorely mistaken.

I asked Econchick to what end does our intervention serve? What is the end game you envision?

The end game is the same one as in any war: to destroy the enemy so that it is no longer a threat to national security. Unless we are willing to do that, then lobbing drones is pointless.

Who do you believe the enemy is?

ISIS/ISIL and whatever terrorist elements are engaged in war against us. They now have a state, and will do what they can to expand it.

I think we should bomb them back into the stone age.

Turkey, Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran et al can form their own coalition and deal with their own. There is NO NEED for any western involvement. Obama can only make things worse.
Oh, I agree with you , Dill, that O will make it worse. That's why we're paying in spades because of the idiots that voted him in. But unfortunately, this does require western involvement.

To what end?

Great question, R. We had the situation relatively under control in Iraq before Obama messed it up. It's that simple.

I have typed the words "weakness invites aggression" so many times on the internet in the past few years...and now we see the results of it.

This is a f'ing mess now.

ISIS/ISIL and whatever terrorist elements are engaged in war against us. They now have a state, and will do what they can to expand it.

They're not the enemy, they're part of the enemy. Look at what happens when America comes in and gives the people, on a sliver plate no less, the opportunity to follow the Western path. They don't want to take that route. They use free elections to elect Hamas. The bring the Muslim Brotherhood to power in Egypt.

If you crush ISIS today, a new version will pop up somewhere else. You argument is akin to using a lawnmower to mow down the weeds growing on your lawn. When the mower chops up the weed, the seeds scatter to other places on your lawn, the mowed weed grows back and new weeds sprout.

The enemy is Islam. Time to face that fact.

Far right, yo.

Can't have it both ways. Do you want BHO to kick the shit out of ISIS. Or do you not want him to do so.

Turkey, Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran et al can form their own coalition and deal with their own. There is NO NEED for any western involvement. Obama can only make things worse.
Oh, I agree with you , Dill, that O will make it worse. That's why we're paying in spades because of the idiots that voted him in. But unfortunately, this does require western involvement.

To what end?

Great question, R. We had the situation relatively under control in Iraq before Obama messed it up. It's that simple.

I have typed the words "weakness invites aggression" so many times on the internet in the past few years...and now we see the results of it.

This is a f'ing mess now.

We had the situation in Iraq under control because we were there with a big stick and no one could mess with us enough to defeat us. In a sense that's the exact strategy used by Saddam.

So unless we want to oppress people for the next few centuries by treating Iraq as a colony of the US and having a permanent military presence there, we need to find a solution which has a natural equilibrium. Those societies need to find a way to remain stable from within, for these are Middle Eastern generated disputes, not externally imposed instability.

blow the heck outa ' isis ' . I was just listening to a General Jack Keane on FOX . He was saying that he can't understand why the Bombing didn't start the night of mr. obamas speech and now its a few days since the speech and it still hasn't started .

Can't have it both ways, Henry.

and Obama has certainly kicked the shiot out of the far right regularly, hmmm.

We're in a holy war. We have been for many years. The only way to fight them it to do it seriously.

Diplomacy, pandering, begging ....it's not working folks. Folks need to understand this is serious shit.

War on terror.

War on poverty.

War on drugs.

War on women

War on cancer

War on......and on and on.....all to grow the size and power of the state.

Sorry, I think by your conflating all of these, it shows how little you understand about the topic of this discussion.

I want limited government. That doesn't mean bad shit will stop happening. The very top of our priority list of federal spending should be national defense. Everything else can be debated.
ISIS hasn't interfered with any shipping lanes that I'm aware of. Neither has Syria. Now which part of America's economy is Obama protecting ?

Not yet but they have started to interfere with the oil. IT may sound like small amounts no but they have stated they want to take over the oil in Saudi. That's enough to make global oil prices go sky high.

People keep forgetting we're not energy independent, and even if we were, we are still impacted by GLOBAL PRICING of oil.
I wonder if what they ask for could also mean they would be willing to give up the ways of the western world- no cars, no technology, no electricity, no modern medicine, etc., etc., etc. We will be more than happy to comply, when the middle east is willing to forego all its modern amenities we have given it.

Hate to mention this but they're already pretty much there in many significant, societal ways.

If you crush ISIS today, a new version will pop up somewhere else. You argument is akin to using a lawnmower to mow down the weeds growing on your lawn. When the mower chops up the weed, the seeds scatter to other places on your lawn, the mowed weed grows back and new weeds sprout.
The moral of the story is for the U.S. to quit going around the world and mowing other people's lawns.

Just let them mow their own lawns.

That way everyone will be happy.......... :cool:

They're not the enemy, they're part of the enemy. Look at what happens when America comes in and gives the people, on a sliver plate no less, the opportunity to follow the Western path. They don't want to take that route. They use free elections to elect Hamas. The bring the Muslim Brotherhood to power in Egypt.

The enemy is Islam. Time to face that fact.

It must be only a certain brand of Islam because ISIS is being confronted by other Muslims. Obama's coalition is full of Muslims.

Hate to mention this but they're already pretty much there in many significant, societal ways.

Some are...but ISIS/ISIL has the highly advanced military equipment that Obama left behind...and they are prepared to use it against the Infidels, of which the U.S. is considered a major component.

Forum List

Back