British Man Beheaded

still waiting to see that action Eagle .

Whatever..........we are bombing them now.....air power will bust them up...........if we are going to fight them then do so.......even if it means troops to finish it...............even if it means killing them in Syria............

But I didn't just fall off a turnip truck. Obama may find an excuse to hit Assad as he wants him gone.......That is pandora's box because of the Russian Naval Base there.

I don't like Assad. He's a dictator and has supported terrorist groups, but he's better than having the terrorists rule that country. Better to have one Tyrant than a group of Tyrants..........
Wish Bush had listened to you.

How about Obama learning the lesson by not making the same mistake now ?

and the thing I keep hearing said is that boots on the ground are needed for the enemy to be defeated .

I heard the same thing the other night on the news. They were talking with a General I believe, and he said that boots on the ground is the only way we will defeat them. I've been against that from the beginning...but for us bombing the crap out of them. But he says you can't win with just bombs. I hate the thought of sending troops over there again. Because of my son's job, I'm afraid he may end up there too. I'd be good with telling all Americans to leave that country, then bomb the place into a parking lot.

If you crush ISIS today, a new version will pop up somewhere else. You argument is akin to using a lawnmower to mow down the weeds growing on your lawn. When the mower chops up the weed, the seeds scatter to other places on your lawn, the mowed weed grows back and new weeds sprout.
The moral of the story is for the U.S. to quit going around the world and mowing other people's lawns.

Just let them mow their own lawns.

That way everyone will be happy.......... :cool:

You realize that this means you're packing your bags and being asked to leave, don't you?
Nope........I'm an American citizen born and raised in the USA. ..... :eusa_angel:

Nope, the terms and conditions have changed. You're an infection to American society. You need to go be with your own people. You're not one of us.
Incorrect Poindexter.

I have every Constitutional right the same as you.

Bet that just burns your ass........ :lol: :lol:

While the Chinese are quietly going around the world, especially in Africa and South America, conducting business and signing contracts for vital resources.

The U.S. is going around the world invading countries, bombing people, and installing brutal puppet dictators.

I have to ask, "which strategy do you think has the best long term return on investment"? ..... :cool:

Last edited:
I absolutely agree with that statement. By the same token, I watched Muslims be very much part of the solution. A number of them kept my ass safe time after time. It's complex.

An effective strategy in many aspects of life is to give people the rope that they're asking for and then watch them hang themselves with the rope. This works with kids. Take the little ones out to dinner and they sulk about eating off the kid menu. They want an adult meal. Let them have the adult meal and then force them to eat it all. Next time they'll stay with the kid's menu.

The majority of Muslims want to live in Islamic States. The longer we deny them the opportunity to do so the longer they're going to think that their alternative vision of how a society can be created is still viable. Who is around today who advocates that the USSR needs to be reconstituted because it was a better way to structure a society? Only bitter-enders. Communism has been discredited because it was given a chance and it failed. The same needs to happen with the Caliphate. They need to try it and then your friends, the dissenters, can work from within to help bring about the end. The mass of people need to realize that the Islamic way keeps them trapped in a social/religious system which is barbaric and they need to have internal reforms and revolts.

They needs to change, we can't change them. Best for us to wall them off and let them develop their own civilization without any interference from us.

Rik, I agree with some of what you're saying and disagree with some as well. I agree Obama's approach of bending sooooooooo far over backward to moderate Muslims here in the US and elsewhere hasn't worked. It's a long discussion. On the military front, it's a global war and the right leader (not Obama) would know how to mobilize the world.

the story that I heard was that isis shoulda been destroyed when they were in the desert Caroljo . Now I hear that the enemy is in the cities amongst the people that live in the city so bombing won't work unless you disregard civilian casualties like was done during ww2 [Dresden Germany as example] . Just what I heard , I'm no expert but it makes sense to me Caroljo . ' isis ' supposedly gained recruits and now numbers about 30,000 fighters . Boots on the ground are needed for taking back the cities I suppose and for occupation .

The silence from the Muslim community is deafening.
What do you expect them to say?? ..... :cool:

What? what do you think!

For starters, to condemn with the loudest voice possible, this barbaric, demonic, Islamist agenda !!!
So you want muslims to condemn other muslims for not wanting unwelcome westerners polluting their country? ..... :cool:
I don't....I want Muslims to police their own neighborhood...and if they refuse...they face annihilation, extermination. Would you agree to that my Sunni friend?
If Muslims refuse to police their own, then they stand with those who are committing the beheadings. People still fail to realize, we are at war, only when it hits home will they notice.

Turkey, Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran et al can form their own coalition and deal with their own. There is NO NEED for any western involvement. Obama can only make things worse.
This is true, Obama has screwed up everything he has ever tried to accomplish while in office. He would probably blow us up.

While the Chinese are quietly going around the world, especially in Africa and South America, conducting business and signing contracts for vital resources.

The U.S. is going around the world invading countries, bombing people, and installing brutal puppet dictators.

I have to ask, "which strategy do you think has the best long term return on investment"? ..... :cool:

The innocence you attribute to the Chinese is stunning. The Chinese and Russians have a lot to do with stunting progress in the Middle East just to thwart US interests. Kinda like all the Muslims pouring money into AQ and ISIS....by day look like innocent doctors, engineers, scientists, etc.

I hope this is not supposed to surprise or shock me these are violent radical extremist of the worse kind who believe that anyone who does not think and act as they are infidels and must die there is no negotiating or reasoning with them the sooner the world accepts this the better.

The innocence you attribute to the Chinese is stunning. The Chinese and Russians have a lot to do with stunting progress in the Middle East just to thwart US interests.
What else do you expect?

They are our business competition........and are eating our lunch.

While we are busy killing people and making enemies.

They are signing contracts and making business partners. ..... :cool:

the story that I heard was that isis shoulda been destroyed when they were in the desert Caroljo . Now I hear that the enemy is in the cities amongst the people that live in the city so bombing won't work unless you disregard civilian casualties like was done during ww2 [Dresden Germany as example] . Just what I heard , I'm no expert but it makes sense to me Caroljo . ' isis ' supposedly gained recruits and now numbers about 30,000 fighters . Boots on the ground are needed for taking back the cities I suppose and for occupation .

Which would mean house to house fighting by our troops should this happen..........Because they will hide with the civilians as human shields, which they are already doing in Syria to avoid being destroyed by Air power.

You are damned if you do and damned if you don't.........If they are in an area with civilians, then there will be collateral damage which is why War is hell.........Better than our men dying going house to house, building to building.

Forum List

Back