Bump stocks ruling.

were they??

did the guy buy the gun with the intent to harm other people??
Who decides 'intent'?
The gubermunt?

The fact is, nobody decides 'intent'. The gun buyer is innocent of not trying to kill with his new gun until he is proven guilty!

(he gets a free kill in order to protect his 2A rights. (that's one of the prices of freedom schmuck)

That is, unless YOU try to disqualify him.

Drug addicts and ax murderers still have 2A rights!

SCOTUS just vacated the rule prohibiting bump stocks.

Let’s hear a cheer for a court willing and able to abide by the Constitution.
The abortion pill and the bump-stock issues were timed for the election.

This is the only thing Democrats have to brag about.

Their Transformation Of America and imploded. So they have to detract with Supreme Court rulings.

Who decides 'intent'?
The gubermunt?

The fact is, nobody decides 'intent'. The gun buyer is innocent of not trying to kill with his new gun until he is proven guilty!

(he gets a free kill in order to protect his 2A rights. (that's one of the prices of freedom schmuck)

That is, unless YOU try to disqualify him.

Drug addicts and ax murderers still have 2A rights!
the person using the gun against another decides intent,,

the act proves you guilty,, proving it in court is for punishment of that act,,

I am guilty of running several stop signs yesterday and it hasnt been proven by anyone,,,

you are guilty of sticking your nose in our business even though it hasnt been proven either,,

the states have no authority over what arms the people can or cant have,,

its protected by the 2nd Amendment,,

Actually, they do at least for now. The SCOTUS ruling does not strike down any state law regarding bump stocks, it merely says that the ATF rule on bump stocks is unconstitutional. Which means that for now any state can declare such things to be illegal by state law. Same deal with an assault weapons ban, the SCOTUS has skirted the issue at the federal level and so some states have passed such laws that are legal, although not enforced in many places. Because public safety is pretty much left to the state and local gov'ts to manage, I think they have some authority regarding gun control. But obviously they cannot infringe on the 2nd Amendment, so any such laws do have to pass SCOTUS review.

Actually, they do at least for now. The SCOTUS ruling does not strike down any state law regarding bump stocks, it merely says that the ATF rule on bump stocks is unconstitutional. Which means that for now any state can declare such things to be illegal by state law. Same deal with an assault weapons ban, the SCOTUS has skirted the issue at the federal level and so some states have passed such laws that are legal, although not enforced in many places. Because public safety is pretty much left to the state and local gov'ts to manage, I think they have some authority regarding gun control. But obviously they cannot infringe on the 2nd Amendment, so any such laws do have to pass SCOTUS review.
I care not what the black robe mafia says,,

the original intent is very clear,,

the person using the gun against another decides intent,,
You're wise to back off on allowing somebody to decide 'intent'.

Nobody gets to know what's in the mind of the gun buyer, and so consequently he's granted one free kill if that's his intent.

In fact, the Sandy Hook shooter had a 2A right to go to the school with his AR-15 loaded. He 'was' a good guy with a gun.

By 2A rights, he could have had a machine gun. Freedom doesn't come free. There are risks involved but nobody can say that the risk isn't worth it!

You're wise to back off on allowing somebody to decide 'intent'.

Nobody gets to know what's in the mind of the gun buyer, and so consequently he's granted one free kill if that's his intent.

In fact, the Sandy Hook shooter had a 2A right to go to the school with his AR-15 loaded. He 'was' a good guy with a gun.

By 2A rights, he could have had a machine gun. Freedom doesn't come free. There are risks involved but nobody can say that the risk isn't worth it!
I can and do say the risk is worth it,,

I can and do say the risk is worth it,,
So you finally agree that no asshole like you is going to decide a gun buyer's intent.
I agree wherever the 2A applies!

Otherwise, our kids aren't a price I would agree to pay. Guv's experts get to decide 'intent'. They all need to be carefully screened by mental health professionals.

So you finally agree that no asshole like you is going to decide a gun buyer's intent.
I agree wherever the 2A applies!

Otherwise, our kids aren't a price I would agree to pay. Guv's experts get to decide 'intent'. They all need to be carefully screened by mental health professionals.
I never said I did decide it,,, in fact I said the opposite,,

more childrens lives are saved each yr by guns than taken by guns,,

why do you hate children??

This was not ruled on 2A grounds, it was ruled as agency overreach.....It's congress's job to amend laws, not an agency's job to do so as they see fit.

The more important ruling was yesterday in TX where a fed judge permanently stayed the the ATF's brace rule based on the same grounds.....Given what happened today in SCOTUS the feds have nowhere to go with an appeal.

The ATF got busted open.

Which he did not overturn, yes?
How was he going to accomplish that?

Trump never had one day when he was technically in charge of the DOJ.

His AG screwed him in the ass as soon has he was appointed and then turned everything over to his second in command who was put in place long before he was sworn in.

As soon as Trump was sworn in the FBI (James Comey) sent investigators into the White House and did interviews so they could bring charges against them. Comey bragged about it in public.

This was not ruled on 2A grounds, it was ruled as agency overreach.....It's congress's job to amend laws, not an agency's job to do so as they see fit.

The more important ruling was yesterday in TX where a fed judge permanently stayed the the ATF's brace rule based on the same grounds.....Given what happened today in SCOTUS the feds have nowhere to go with an appeal.

The ATF got busted open.

I think it's important to understand that the SCOTUS did not rule that bump stocks and pistol braces cannot be regulated or even banned at the state level. They just said that the federal gov't can't do it. As you say, it was agency overreach. But until such time as a state law regarding bans or restrictions is declared unconstitutional, any state can make their own rules and frankly I'm okay with that. I think the federal gov't is too damned powerful and intrusive.

SCOTUS just vacated the rule prohibiting bump stocks.

Let’s hear a cheer for a court willing and able to abide by the Constitution.
The ruling was against the claim that bump stocks should be banned because it makes an ordinary weapon into a machine gun which of course is ridiculous. (Machine guns possessed by ordinary citizens are banned by law.) The Court did not say bump stocks could not be banned under other reasons so it may come up again. But the Court is not ruling on political correctness or any other form of 'wokeism' but rather via Constitution and the law which is refreshing.

Forum List

Back