Bundy's neighbors want militia to leave

Can you believe these assholes set up roadblocks and stop people to ask what right THEY have to be there?

Can you believe these assholes set up roadblocks and stop people to ask what right THEY have to be there?

So if someone doesn't stop, which will eventually happen, are they going to shoot their tires out or worse. Personally, I would not stop for one of them. He would have to....

The local law must be also in Bundy's pocket. These people are impersonating law enforcement officers.....a felony I believe.

What is truly amazing to me, is you progressives...who are supposed to be smart, never bothered to check the facts and instead have been parroting the single (already well debunked news "source") when the fact is there was indeed a "checkpoint". One checkpoint, and it is the driveway leading up to the house.

There are no immediate neighbors. There are a few folks living in Bunkerville, and one old gentleman would like the government to crush Bundy, but the rest...not so much. In fact one young woman says she's very tired of the media types but she thought the "militia types" were very respectful and nice.

Guess that just go's to show you that while you accuse of FOX being dishonest, you are even worse...at least FOX will retract a false statement. You people add to it.

Once liberals bite on a lie, they carry it everywhere they go and never let go.

What is truly amazing to me, is you progressives...who are supposed to be smart, never bothered to check the facts and instead have been parroting the single (already well debunked news "source") when the fact is there was indeed a "checkpoint". One checkpoint, and it is the driveway leading up to the house.

There are no immediate neighbors. There are a few folks living in Bunkerville, and one old gentleman would like the government to crush Bundy, but the rest...not so much. In fact one young woman says she's very tired of the media types but she thought the "militia types" were very respectful and nice.

Guess that just go's to show you that while you accuse of FOX being dishonest, you are even worse...at least FOX will retract a false statement. You people add to it.

Congressman: Bundy Militia Has Set Up Road 'Checkpoints' In Nevada

And that has already been shown to b false. Don't you get it? there was ONE checkpoint. One. And it was at the driveways entrance to the Bundy property. ONE!

ON PRIVATE PROPERTY! Not on a State road or Highway.

Doubling down on wrong. Good job dumbass.

According to the local TV station, Bundy thugs stopped their vehicle and threatened them. Pretty soon, the Bundy-backers here will be telling us the entire world is part of the conspiracy.

I-Team: Police say Bundy ranch protesters not off the hook - 8 News NOW
---
They were equally hostile to journalists covering the story. Pistol-packing militia men have blocked 8 News NOW's access to public roads. Some poured lighter fluid around our news vehicle while others got physical.
---

Kudos to law enforcement and the BLM, the grownups in the area, for calming things down and avoiding the firefight that the Bundy thugs very badly wanted. In the long run, it won't go well for the Bundy thugs.

---
Lombardo confirms that Metro developed a lot of intelligence about militia members who were present. Those who aimed their guns at officers will be dealt with.

"Yes, there will be consequences, definitely. That is unacceptable behavior. If we let it go, it will continue into the future," Lombardo said.

Law enforcement sources told us that federal officials are preparing to move against Cliven Bundy, but they might wait months until things die down before making their move.

Metro Police could take separate action in response to the provocations they experienced in Bunkerville and may be working to identify particular suspects.
---

only because of the media coverage....

you fail,again

It's a fail that the media are doing wrong by reporting thuggery by the militia?

You are having a bad day on the Board.

edit about 75 minutes later: Yurt ran away again

Last edited:
According to the local TV station, Bundy thugs stopped their vehicle and threatened them. Pretty soon, the Bundy-backers here will be telling us the entire world is part of the conspiracy.

I-Team: Police say Bundy ranch protesters not off the hook - 8 News NOW
---
They were equally hostile to journalists covering the story. Pistol-packing militia men have blocked 8 News NOW's access to public roads. Some poured lighter fluid around our news vehicle while others got physical.
---
Lombardo confirms that Metro developed a lot of intelligence about militia members who were present. Those who aimed their guns at officers will be dealt with.

"Yes, there will be consequences, definitely. That is unacceptable behavior. If we let it go, it will continue into the future," Lombardo said.---

And add a bit more from the same article. Makes you wonder why the "law and order" crowd isn't more vocal about the danger these cops had to face from a bunch of armed thugs. I don't think these assholes were what the Founders had in mind when they stipulated a "well regulated militia." Armed defiance of the law by fanatical anarchists is not "necessary to the security of a free State" and is in fact an anethema to the ideals of a democratic society. (As you can see by my signature Chomsky quotes I am not a fanatical anti-anarchist.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"On one side, armed federal rangers and agents, on the other, a huge crowd of angry militia members and in the middle, 30 Metro officers, exposed and vulnerable, aware that if the shooting began, some of them would die.

"You are standing there going, 'I just hope it doesn't hurt when it comes. That it's quick,' and it was real for us. It was real," Sgt. Tom Jenkins said.
"(You thought you might die?) Yeah." Sgt. Jenkins said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie has been negotiating behind the scenes with rancher Cliven Bundy for a couple of years. On the morning of the big showdown, he and Joe Lombardo drove to Bunkerville to let Bundy know that a deal had been reached with Bureau of Land Management to suspend the roundup of Bundy's cattle.

Bundy, who has grown accustomed to media attention over the past few months, said he would only talk to Gillespie on stage in front of his crowd. Once there, he ordered the sheriff to go out and disarm every fed he could find.
"And report back in an hour. Disarm everyone working at a federal park," Bundy told the sheriff.
"I mean, the hair was up on the back of my neck. There was the so-called militia surrounding the stage. There was a lot of firepower out there and it made me nervous. anything could happen," Lombardo said.

And that has already been shown to b false. Don't you get it? there was ONE checkpoint. One. And it was at the driveways entrance to the Bundy property. ONE!

I provided a link.....you failed

It seems many in the militias would be more adept in Ukraine's pro-Russian antagonist. The actions of the thugs in Ukraine parallel the Militia's moves. Maybe that is why Putin is a hero to the far right?

Payne, an electrician from Montana, disputes the claims in Horsford's letter, which states militia members have set up roadside checkpoints and are patrolling schools and churches.

"These are public ways of transit. People are free to move through as they please. We're ensuring safety and freedom," Payne said.

Payne said the residents of nearby Mesquite have welcomed his group with open arms. While that may not be true for everyone, it certainly is for Danae Rappley, who owns a sporting goods store in Mesquite.

"It's not been anything crazy with people brandishing guns. [They] seem like normal people," Rappley said.

In fact, Rappley said she saw a spike in business when the hordes of supporters arrived in Bunkerville.

Other business owners in Mesquite opted not to speak out on the topic.

Payne said that if the militia learns of a threat to anyone's safety, its members will contact law enforcement.

Militia members say they're friendly, ensuring safety - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

"The militia have been going with me everywhere," Bundy said Tuesday. "When I got to church, I said, 'Leave your weapons in the car.' They did. I guess there could have been weapons in the parking lot, but there were no weapons in the church house."

Bundy denies that militia members set up checkpoints on public property. He said armed guards do stop and screen visitors at the gate to his ranch.A group of militia members who stopped a neighboring rancher trucking cattle last Saturday to Arizona, about 12 miles to the east, were helping his son, Ryan Bundy, the family patriarch said. They wanted to ensure that Bundy cattle weren't being rustled.

A guard also is stationed on a dirt road leading to a gravel quarry on private land where DeLemus and his group have been camping for almost three weeks.

http://news.yahoo.com/nevada-ranche...29sbwNncTEEdnRpZANWSVA0MDVfMQ--?pt=tAD4SCT8P7

Payne, an electrician from Montana, disputes the claims in Horsford's letter, which states militia members have set up roadside checkpoints and are patrolling schools and churches.

"These are public ways of transit. People are free to move through as they please. We're ensuring safety and freedom," Payne said.

Payne said the residents of nearby Mesquite have welcomed his group with open arms. While that may not be true for everyone, it certainly is for Danae Rappley, who owns a sporting goods store in Mesquite.

"It's not been anything crazy with people brandishing guns. [They] seem like normal people," Rappley said.

In fact, Rappley said she saw a spike in business when the hordes of supporters arrived in Bunkerville.

Other business owners in Mesquite opted not to speak out on the topic.

Payne said that if the militia learns of a threat to anyone's safety, its members will contact law enforcement.

Militia members say they're friendly, ensuring safety - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

"The militia have been going with me everywhere," Bundy said Tuesday. "When I got to church, I said, 'Leave your weapons in the car.' They did. I guess there could have been weapons in the parking lot, but there were no weapons in the church house."

Bundy denies that militia members set up checkpoints on public property. He said armed guards do stop and screen visitors at the gate to his ranch.A group of militia members who stopped a neighboring rancher trucking cattle last Saturday to Arizona, about 12 miles to the east, were helping his son, Ryan Bundy, the family patriarch said. They wanted to ensure that Bundy cattle weren't being rustled.

A guard also is stationed on a dirt road leading to a gravel quarry on private land where DeLemus and his group have been camping for almost three weeks.

Nevada rancher's neighbors weary of attention

Area Police ensure safety....not militias from another state. The businesses who refused to comment are probably afraid of reprisals. Why don't they just go home?

Forum List

Back