🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Burt Reynolds dead.

The scumbag beat the shit out of Sally Fields for years...good riddance.

Link? Because I did a research and couldn't come up with anything to validate your claim.
Sally Fields did an interview on Johnny Carson about 25 years ago.
I saw it and don’t give a damn about how Burt was worshipped by Hollywood and the story suppressed.
By the way, there’s lots of politically incorrect entertainment world stuff from before AOL you’re not going to find.
Please don’t tell me you don’t remember when AOL was king.

Try to keep in mind, it was a different time back then, and there are two sides to every story.

I am NOT defending his behavior. OTH, don't think she is completely innocent, otherwise, she would not have stayed with him as long as she did if it were all him with nothing on her.

We are all just humans, and we deal with passion, love, and romantic fights the way our parents dealt with them. He was probably just a victim, and she, a victim of their culture and upbringing. They obviously just didn't belong together, b/c they pushed each others' buttons and burned too hot together.

qXJAzWY.jpg
Holy Cow, she and I could have been sisters in this picture! I looked a lot like that back then, except I had long, auburn red hair.

Deliverance was his best role by far. Jon Voight was the star but Reynolds stole the movie (so did the two hillbilly rapists). Then he undermined his acting by starring in a bunch of cartoon movies.
Long live Lewis Medlock...

But, it will always be remember by the banjo.guitar song by Ronny Cox and the kid who really didn't play the banjo in "Dueling Banjos."

Actually, Billy Redden, who played the banjo boy, did in reality play banjo. But 90% of the sound in that movie was added after the fact, including the dueling banjo scene. That’s part of why it earned an Oscar nomination for sound editing.

You're right. I typed in the wrong name. I think it was actually Eric Weissberg who was the player.

Was watching a freeway chase by police and CHP in the Los Angeles area of an older guy and woman passenger in late model Porsche convertible on FB. You can see them inside clearly as the top is down from the helicopter shot. The guy changed freeways several times and other cars were surprisingly giving way to the police chasing with their lights and sirens on, so the driver didn't end up getting stuck in traffic. We were not sure if the woman passenger was on a date as she appeared distressed. It lasted over an hour and was entertaining with the comments and being able to click on the icons which flew onto the screen. Eventually, it got tiring going into an hour's length, but there was a payoff of a dramatic ending where the driver leaped out of the moving vehicle and ran as it hit other parked cars. The woman passenger jumped out, too, and ran in a different direction. The officers quickly jumped into hot pursuit after the driver who ran down a dark alleyway and tried to get into a residence. The comments and icons were flying fast and furious. One of the best comments of the night was the driver's excuse was that he was paying homage to the Bandit.

Deliverance ,a great movie. Now can someone explain to me how Reynolds character shot an arrow and then got it in his OWN leg? I still don't understand that plot thing...

Last edited:

Link? Because I did a research and couldn't come up with anything to validate your claim.

Never heard that either. Maybe flip over to the political debates, they welcome that kind of crap. Or post a link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deliverance ,a great movie. Now can someone explain to me how Reynolds character shot an arrow and then got it in his OWN leg? I still don't understand that plot thing...

Watch it again. His character got injured in rapids after he killed the gay hillbilly.

For those interested in really great American novels that the public schools hid, check out James Dickey's Deliverance. Almost a Kurt Vonnegut kind of thing. Very fast reading. The characters represent various aspects of one potential person. Religious (non-common sense), common sense, conformist, and animal.

The author of the book does a cameo at the end of the trip in the movie.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back