🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Burt Reynolds dead.

Kind of makes you feel old.. It's true that Burt always played it with a wink Maybe the only possible exception was his role in "Deliverance".

RIP Burt Reynolds. I don’t know much about his personal life, but most of his movies were fun & they captured the American spirit.

"Burt Reynolds. True legend. Our hero. Funny as hell and a for-real badass. So many great movies. So many great stories. Such a great Dad. Will be missed by all. Deepest condolences to his family." - Adam Sandler

Deliverance was his best role by far. Jon Voight was the star but Reynolds stole the movie (so did the two hillbilly rapists). Then he undermined his acting by starring in a bunch of cartoon movies.
Long live Lewis Medlock...

But, it will always be remember by the banjo.guitar song by Ronny Cox and the kid who really didn't play the banjo in "Dueling Banjos."

Deliverance was his best role by far. Jon Voight was the star but Reynolds stole the movie (so did the two hillbilly rapists). Then he undermined his acting by starring in a bunch of cartoon movies.
Long live Lewis Medlock...

But, it will always be remember by the banjo.guitar song by Ronny Cox and the kid who really didn't play the banjo in "Dueling Banjos."

Okay, I looked it up and the banjo player was Don Reno.

I loved loved him in Evening Shade. Thanks for all the laughs and RIP

MV5BMGU1ZGZlZmYtYjhhZC00ZGYzLTk4OTgtMzY0ZjZkZTliMGZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjEwNDMwNzI@._V1_.jpg
Great show I loved it you will be missed Burt.

I think the Gator stuff was better than the inane go-fast trucker stuff but Burt Reynolds standout role was in "Deliverance". For my money his coolest role was the 1987 movie "Malone".

Totally handsome......a very funny man.......

One by one, they leave this valley of tears.............:(

(((RIP Burt Reynolds)))

Cq2HkQQ.jpg

Changed my mind

Favorite movie was Hooper, when he played a stuntman

The scumbag beat the shit out of Sally Fields for years...good riddance.

Link? Because I did a research and couldn't come up with anything to validate your claim.
Sally Fields did an interview on Johnny Carson about 25 years ago.
I saw it and don’t give a damn about how Burt was worshipped by Hollywood and the story suppressed.
By the way, there’s lots of politically incorrect entertainment world stuff from before AOL you’re not going to find.
Please don’t tell me you don’t remember when AOL was king.

That guy was huge in the 70's, every woman on earth wanted to be with him.
The funny thing is he was in his 40s in the 70s. He was actually quite fit in the 60s. He was also imo a very underrated actor.

He proved to have quite a range. From comedy to highly dramatic and action.

His performance in Deliverance and in Boogie Nights showed he had that drama.

He also seemed to have great chemistry with everyone he worked with. I actually met him in the early 90s. I live here in Jupiter.

I worked right out of college at PGA National Resort and the Allman Brothers stayed there. Well, they recorded one of their last albums at Burt Reynolds ranch.

Us employees all use to go to a tavern after work in that area. We were in there and members of the Allman Brothers including Gregg Allman rip and Burt Reynolds came in.

It was quite an experience. He graduated FSU and I was a walk on playing football there. Really played on the practice squad.

Anyway, the scholarship football players stay at the Burt Reynolds dorms that he had built or donated to the school.

We had a pretty cool talk. He drank, not much. Gregg Allman though......all I can say is wow. Shocked he made it as long as he did.

He was one of a kind and I am so glad he never got political. We talked a little about that at the time. I won't say anything other than.....I raise a toast to him. He was an honorable and decent person.

Forum List

Back