🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Burt Reynolds dead.

717x403

Burt lived in Palm Bch County Fla, as did his dad. His father was a Deputy Sheriff in Palm Bch, and Burt toes the line. I knew his father well. Burt worked hard at whatever he did acting, Football, living. I wish him well and at peace with the world.

Interesting. Famous roles Burt Reynolds turned down.

He was offered to be James Bond by Cubby Broccoli (producer of every Bond movie.) He turned it down and he regretted it.

He was offered the part of Michael Corleone in The Godfather.

He was offered to be Han Solo in Star Wars.

Jack Nicholson's role in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Richard Gere's role in Pretty Woman

Bruce Willis's role in Die Hard.

Other reported turn-downs include “Rosemary’s Baby,” the Batman TV series, “M*A*S*H,” “Taxi Driver,” and “Rocky,” according to an interview with Reynolds by the Sydney Morning Herald.

Roles Burt Reynolds Turned Down, From Bond to Solo - entertainment - att.net

Last edited:

He was offered to be James Bond by Cubby Broccoli (producer of every Bond movie.) He turned it down and he regretted it.

Other reported turn-downs include “Rosemary’s Baby,” the Batman TV series, “M*A*S*H,” “Taxi Driver,” and “Rocky,” according to an interview with Reynolds by the Sydney Morning Herald.

>>He was offered to be James Bond by Cubby Broccoli (producer of every Bond movie.) He turned it down and he regretted it.<<

Wut. There's only one REAL James Bond.

>>He was offered to be James Bond by Cubby Broccoli (producer of every Bond movie.) He turned it down and he regretted it.<<

Yeah, I don't think Reynolds would have ordered his martini watered down (shaken.) He would have ordered like a man and stirred it. :)

Yeah, I don't think Reynolds would have ordered his martini watered down (shaken.) He would have ordered like a man and stirred it. :)

burt-reynolds-the-cannonball-run.jpg

Ha ha. I looked into this from your link and he turned down the part that went to Roger Moore after Sir Sean Connery. Maybe he could've done that part, but you have to wonder what the producers thought his voice would be like. Reynolds wasn't sure what he could do. He had some serious doubts. At the time, Reynolds was the #1 most bankable actor, so it's understandable that he would be offered the part. This is 1973 and Moore's best role imho with Live and Let Die. Moore was a pretty boy who didn't have great acting chops. His voice, looks, hair and demeanor was great.

Maybe Burt could've done it. Idk. What do you think?

Ha ha. I looked into this from your link and he turned down the part that went to Roger Moore after Sir Sean Connery. Maybe he could've done that part, but you have to wonder what the producers thought his voice would be like. Reynolds wasn't sure what he could do. He had some serious doubts. At the time, Reynolds was the #1 most bankable actor, so it's understandable that he would be offered the part. This is 1973 and Moore's best role imho with Live and Let Die. Moore was a pretty boy who didn't have great acting chops. His voice, looks, hair and demeanor was great.

No, I cannot see it. I doubt Reynolds would have even attempted an English accent. Bond needs to be a Brit. Authentic Brit.

Han Solo, he could have definitely done that. Right in his wheel house with that.

No, I cannot see it. I doubt Reynolds would have even attempted an English accent. Bond needs to be a Brit. Authentic Brit.

Han Solo, he could have definitely done that. Right in his wheel house with that.

And...

between the Brit Bond and our Burt...............

GOD knows Burt is the winner! :2up:

Oh Yeah.

And...

between the Brit Bond and our Burt...............

GOD knows Burt is the winner! :2up:

Oh Yeah.

Ha ha. I definitely would've paid to see Burt do a country boy British accent.

That guy was huge in the 70's, every woman on earth wanted to be with him.

Seemed like he took over as topic of every national and local television talk show with the publicity he got for doing the nude photo in Cosmopolitan. I think my mom bought a copy. I was more interested in the Playboy my mom picked up around a year later because it contained photos of a distant cousin.

Have to say I didn't catch much of Burt Reynolds career other than Deliverance and Smokey and the Bandit.

Last edited:
Deliverance was his best role by far. Jon Voight was the star but Reynolds stole the movie (so did the two hillbilly rapists). Then he undermined his acting by starring in a bunch of cartoon movies.
Long live Lewis Medlock...

But, it will always be remember by the banjo.guitar song by Ronny Cox and the kid who really didn't play the banjo in "Dueling Banjos."

Actually, Billy Redden, who played the banjo boy, did in reality play banjo. But 90% of the sound in that movie was added after the fact, including the dueling banjo scene. That’s part of why it earned an Oscar nomination for sound editing.

Saw him not too long ago on an episode of Gas Monkey Garage. I was stunned he looked like hell..... like he was close to checking out. The boys at Gas Monkey Garage took a Trans Am to his house to authenticate a signature on the dashboard.

Anybody who doesn't love that Trans Am or that movie is likely driving around in a Prius or some other two door Speck today

Forum List

Back