🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bush Warned Obama About VA

And neither administration did a damn thing to fix anything.

They all do it.
So you admit Obama is culpable, yes?

Of course Obama screwed the pooch on this one. I have no admissions to make. Obama does. Bush does. All these assholes who talk about the problem and do absolutely nothing to fix it are up to their eyeballs in the blood and the needless suffering of our veterans.

And neither administration did a damn thing to fix anything.

They all do it.

Of course Obama screwed the pooch on this one. I have no admissions to make. Obama does. Bush does. All these assholes who talk about the problem and do absolutely nothing to fix it are up to their eyeballs in the blood and the needless suffering of our veterans.

So you're outraged at Obama, whose negligence caused these needless deaths, right?

They all do it.

So you're outraged at Obama, whose negligence caused these needless deaths, right?

I'm pissed at Obama. I'm pissed at Bush. I'm pissed at everyone who created this situation.
Of the things that have disappointed me about the Obama administration (including failure to fully vet the ACA, not closing Gitmo, not stopping internal spying, and Solyndra) THIS one bothers me the most.

If Obama didn't know; he should have. If Bush didn't know, he should have.

Look, we went from zero combat troops in the field in 2000 to what, 300,000 to 700,000 who served in theater? Nobody needs to be informed how much medical care can cost. Try multiplying that by a quarter million.

We have never spent enough to compensate members of the military much less taking care of the combat veterans after hostilities end. To say that the President didn't know that the VA wasn't going to be up to the challenged caused by the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan is theater of the absurd.

Obama is in office. The blame lays with him. And it will lay with the next POTUS as well who will also fail.

If Obama didn't know; he should have. If Bush didn't know, he should have.

Look, we went from zero combat troops in the field in 2000 to what, 300,000 to 700,000 who served in theater? Nobody needs to be informed how much medical care can cost. Try multiplying that by a quarter million.

We have never spent enough to compensate members of the military much less taking care of the combat veterans after hostilities end. To say that the President didn't know that the VA wasn't going to be up to the challenged caused by the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan is theater of the absurd.

Obama is in office. The blame lays with him. And it will lay with the next POTUS as well who will also fail.

^^Missing the point.
It wasn't money. It was specific mismanagement that caused the deaths. Under Obama.

You are in fact an ignorant liar. Show me the dead vets under Bush. Yeah, there arent any. SHow me the government department that doesnt have some problems that need addressing. There arent any.
Money wasnt the problem. If it were, the increase in funding would have fixed it.
As usual you show yourself easily manipulated by the media.

You have to be a "special" kind of stupid to assert that a problem which existed under both presidents only caused deaths while Obama was president. Was Bush that awe inspiring that it kept vets alive until Obama became president?

Vets of Bush's Wars Sue the VA: 'More than Half of Wounded Troops Slipping Through the Cracks'

Then please show me all the dead vets under Bush. SHow me the scandal that engulfed the Bush administration.
The truth is that problems left to themselves dont get better, they get worse. And they got worse under Obama, because he didnt do anything to fix them.
You really are one dumb turd, aren't you?

Here you go:

Walter Reed Army Medical Center neglect scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's in the link Jughead posted...

In fact, officials added, nine recommendations arising from inspector general audits from 2005 to 2007 were not implemented by 2008 when officials prepared the report for the incoming administration.

It was an ongoing problem for years, you putz. Show me where you rightards ever once complained about it when Bush was president? And as that link indicates, Bush did nothing to try and rectify the problems in the VA. At least Obama tried to alleviate the problems by increasing their budget ... which brings me to another link to again prove you're an imbecile...

Vets salute Obama on funding

Even amid competing priorities and a deepening recession, Mr. Obama last year managed to secure the biggest increase in funding for the Department of Veterans Affairs in 30 years. And as Congress begins writing spending bills for 2011, despite a spending freeze on some other domestic spending, he’s looking for more aid for veterans.

look at that, in one post, I'm able to show a) I didn't lie as you falsely claimed; and b) you remain an abject idiot.

But then again, neither of those were ever in doubt.

You are in fact an ignorant liar. Show me the dead vets under Bush. Yeah, there arent any. SHow me the government department that doesnt have some problems that need addressing. There arent any.
Money wasnt the problem. If it were, the increase in funding would have fixed it.

You have to be a "special" kind of stupid to assert that a problem which existed under both presidents only caused deaths while Obama was president. Was Bush that awe inspiring that it kept vets alive until Obama became president?

Vets of Bush's Wars Sue the VA: 'More than Half of Wounded Troops Slipping Through the Cracks'

Rabid IS that special type of stupid...

Then please show me all the dead vets under Bush. SHow me the scandal that engulfed the Bush administration.
The truth is that problems left to themselves dont get better, they get worse. And they got worse under Obama, because he didnt do anything to fix them.

Here you go:

Walter Reed Army Medical Center neglect scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^^Ignorant of the meaning of the word "relevent".

And the quietness confirms it. Bush wasn't responsible for the VA. Bush didn't do it, Obama did.

If Bush cared so much why did he pass a law in 2003 denying VA benefits to current veterans who either made over $35K a year or had never drawn on the VA for healthcare after they left the service.

You and RabbitBrain live in a bubble.

"""Woolhandler noted that the Veterans Administration health-care system is not open to all veterans. Many uninsured veterans can't get any VA care because the Bush Administration stopped enrollment of most middle-income veterans in 2003, she said."""

Almost 2 Million U.S. Vets Lack Health Insurance
Oct 30, 2007

Read, learn and take that paper sack off your little pointy heads:
Almost 2 Million U.S. Vets Lack Health Insurance - ABC News

And the quietness confirms it. Bush wasn't responsible for the VA. Bush didn't do it, Obama did.

If Bush cared so much why did he pass a law in 2003 denying VA benefits to current veterans who either made over $35K a year or had never drawn on the VA for healthcare after they left the service.

"""Woolhandler noted that the Veterans Administration health-care system is not open to all veterans. Many uninsured veterans can't get any VA care because the Bush Administration stopped enrollment of most middle-income veterans in 2003, she said."""

Oct 30, 2007

^^Deflection noted.

Here you go:

Turn your spellcheck on. You're making a fool of yourself and it's only 10:00am....

Here you go:

I know you are.

Here is a second helping you won't read....are you scared Shirley?

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

American Military Hospital Scandal: Wake Up Call for Transformational Leadership

The words on the March 5, 2007 Newsweek magazine cover echo the sentiment throughout America, "Failing Our Wounded: Shattered in body and mind, too many veterans are facing poor health care and red tape."
This Newsweek edition focuses on the serious leadership deficiencies at Walter Reed Army Medical Center that resulted in deplorable conditions. It is full of heart wrenching photographs of veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan who have lost limbs or eyes, suffer from depression, or have serious bone, muscle and burn injuries. Compounding the normal difficulties associated with recovery and rehabilitation is the loss of morale and intense discouragement due to the burdensome and insensitive bureaucracy that makes required treatments, benefits disbursement and backlogged cases a nightmare.

There is a crisis of leadership throughout America highlighted by public and private corruption, professional sports and faith based scandals as well as a lack of preparedness for natural disasters underscored by the Hurricane Katrina fiasco. Yet, the contemptuous failing of care for our wounded veterans, many of them teenagers and each of them members of the American family must be the final straw. It is time to ignite change that leads to a transformational leadership culture within our entire nation.

The United States Military has a proud legacy. The raising of the flag at Iwo Jima, the discipline of The Sentinels at the Tomb of the Unknowns, the character of the West Point Honor Code, and the sacrifices of many Americans who have served gallantly in World War II, the Korean Conflict, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. Our nation must rise up and once again embrace honor and commit to leadership hallmarked by courage, character, compassion and community.

In response to the Walter Reed Army Medical Center Scandal, the words of Abraham Lincoln must enter into the deepest recesses of our hearts:

"With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan — to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and a lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all nations."

Strange you're only outraged now....

sentinel_military_hospitals_001.gif

Oct 30, 2007

^^Deflection noted.

How am I deflecting?

You post biased BLOGGER bullshit and then you post drive-by one liners in response when someone shows how naive you are.

Note that the memo in your article is an advisement TO THE VA to do a better job of scheduling, not addressed to Obama.

luk3507.GIF

Yet you're only "outraged" now....why Shirley?

I know you are.

Here is a second helping you won't read....are you scared Shirley?

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

American Military Hospital Scandal: Wake Up Call for Transformational Leadership

The words on the March 5, 2007 Newsweek magazine cover echo the sentiment throughout America, "Failing Our Wounded: Shattered in body and mind, too many veterans are facing poor health care and red tape."
This Newsweek edition focuses on the serious leadership deficiencies at Walter Reed Army Medical Center that resulted in deplorable conditions. It is full of heart wrenching photographs of veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan who have lost limbs or eyes, suffer from depression, or have serious bone, muscle and burn injuries. Compounding the normal difficulties associated with recovery and rehabilitation is the loss of morale and intense discouragement due to the burdensome and insensitive bureaucracy that makes required treatments, benefits disbursement and backlogged cases a nightmare.

There is a crisis of leadership throughout America highlighted by public and private corruption, professional sports and faith based scandals as well as a lack of preparedness for natural disasters underscored by the Hurricane Katrina fiasco. Yet, the contemptuous failing of care for our wounded veterans, many of them teenagers and each of them members of the American family must be the final straw. It is time to ignite change that leads to a transformational leadership culture within our entire nation.

The United States Military has a proud legacy. The raising of the flag at Iwo Jima, the discipline of The Sentinels at the Tomb of the Unknowns, the character of the West Point Honor Code, and the sacrifices of many Americans who have served gallantly in World War II, the Korean Conflict, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. Our nation must rise up and once again embrace honor and commit to leadership hallmarked by courage, character, compassion and community.

In response to the Walter Reed Army Medical Center Scandal, the words of Abraham Lincoln must enter into the deepest recesses of our hearts:

"With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan — to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and a lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all nations."

Strange you're only outraged now....

Apparently rabbi doesn't give a shit about veterans. Just in trashing Obama.

Very sad.

The raw ugly truth about how the Iraq and Afghanistan veterans were ignored and hung out to dry can be seen in "Body of War", a documentary film released in 2006.

Bush knew about the problem for years before 2008 and did nothing about other than pass the problem to Obama, who at least pushed Congress to increase the VA budget to alleviate the problem. How come in all those years, righties never once condemned Bush for ignoring the problem?

Link that Bush knew about it for years?
Obama never pushed Congress to increase VA funding.
You're just a stupid liar.
It's in the link Jughead posted...

In fact, officials added, nine recommendations arising from inspector general audits from 2005 to 2007 were not implemented by 2008 when officials prepared the report for the incoming administration.

Wow in his own link...geez :lol:

Forum List

Back