Buttigieg: Legalize Heroin and Meth

Holy fucking cow Batman...you think that decriminalizing drugs will lead to legal cannibalism?

Do you really believe that or is this just some trolling expedition?
Yeah, its a trolling expedition, you got me. In no way would it be possible that endorsing an addictive substance could possibly be bad.

You really think that if something is legal that it's "endorsed"??? Tell me you're not that fucking stupid. Do you really look to government for endorsements?
On a human level we know what is addictive and we want what is best. Not some nefarious plot to subjugate the masses...

Of course not. Statists and authoritarians always have the best of intentions.
Of course the liberals won't pander to popular causes either. Because ya know, they are WAY better.

No, unfortunately, they're just as bad. At least you have that in common.

You seem rather touchy about this. Liberals don't have realistic boundaries and this is like the proverbial snowball effect. Somewhere in this mess is a rational way to deal with this. And enabling it isn't helping.

I am touchy about this, I am touchy about you statist that think you know what is best for everyone. You like to talk about the liberals, you are no better even though you think you are. You and those like you are why we live in a nanny state that is getting worse every year.
What the hell is a "statist"? The boogie man under your bed? People want to stick a needle in their arm, I for one, am not going to pretend that's good or somehow just stand by and enable that. That's on YOU.

You seem rather touchy about this. Liberals don't have realistic boundaries and this is like the proverbial snowball effect. Somewhere in this mess is a rational way to deal with this. And enabling it isn't helping.

I am touchy about this, I am touchy about you statist that think you know what is best for everyone. You like to talk about the liberals, you are no better even though you think you are. You and those like you are why we live in a nanny state that is getting worse every year.
What the hell is a "statist"? The boogie man under your bed? People want to stick a needle in their arm, I for one, am not going to pretend that's good or somehow just stand by and enable that. That's on YOU.
And how does going to prison address the addiction issue?

The problem is that sending an addict to prison only results in a GREATER chance that they abuse the substance in the future. It is clearly a failed idea.

Statist : an advocate of a political system in which the state has substantial centralized control over social and economic affairs. In other words, you.

I am not asking you to pretend a damn thing, I have never said it was good. Smoking is not good, yet it is legal. Overeating is not good, yet it is legal. Drinking to excess is not good, yet it is legal.

Personally, if someone wants to stick a needle in their arm, I do not give a fuck, it is their arm not mine. If they die from it, then we have culled the dead weight.

What the hell is a "statist"?

A "statist" is someone who believes that government is the ultimate expression of society. Joseph Sobran wrote a brilliant article, thirty some years ago, about "the cult of the state" where he described it far better than I could:

The Cult of the State

I'm amazed the number of people in this thread still arguing when it hasn't been addressed that there is a HUGE difference between decriminalization and legalization.

People caught with a user's amount of the drugs would get treatment and not incarceration. It would still be illegal to sell them.

Jesus this board amazes me in its ignorance sometimes.

I'm amazed the number of people in this thread still arguing when it hasn't been addressed that there is a HUGE difference between decriminalization and legalization.

People caught with a user's amount of the drugs would get treatment and not incarceration. It would still be illegal to sell them.

I think that's because it's an irrelevant distinction to most of us. On a political message board, we're here to argue about principles and ideas. From that perspective, either people have a right to ingest what they want, or they don't. In principle, there's no middle ground.

In practical reality, "decriminalization" would mitigate some of the damage done by the "war on drugs", and be a step in the right direction. But where's the fun in discussing practical reality? ;)

Partisans on both sides live in a world of black and white, they cannot understand nuance.

Statist : an advocate of a political system in which the state has substantial centralized control over social and economic affairs. In other words, you.

I am not asking you to pretend a damn thing, I have never said it was good. Smoking is not good, yet it is legal. Overeating is not good, yet it is legal. Drinking to excess is not good, yet it is legal.

Personally, if someone wants to stick a needle in their arm, I do not give a fuck, it is their arm not mine. If they die from it, then we have culled the dead weight.

I agree with much of what you tough-guy hippies say...BUT you bad-asses always seem to forget we have a welfare mandate which forces me to have a stake in how you pieces of shit decide to live your lives....drop the mandate and slam all the dope you can...I'd beg you to do so.

In practical reality, "decriminalization" would mitigate some of the damage done by the "war on drugs", and be a step in the right direction. But where's the fun in discussing practical reality?

This war on drugs you speak of...is that like the "war" on rape and murder? The "war" on speeding"? The "war" on drunk driving?

I agree with much of what you tough-guy hippies say...BUT you bad-asses always seem to forget we have a welfare mandate which forces me to have a stake in how you pieces of shit decide to live your lives....drop the mandate and slam all the dope you can...I'd beg you to do so.

Sorry chuckles, I do not do drugs, outside of my Advair that is. But the difference between you and I is that I do not try to force people to act like me.

Also, what the fuck is a "welfare mandate"?

Yeah, its a trolling expedition, you got me. In no way would it be possible that endorsing an addictive substance could possibly be bad.

You really think that if something is legal that it's "endorsed"??? Tell me you're not that fucking stupid. Do you really look to government for endorsements?
On a human level we know what is addictive and we want what is best. Not some nefarious plot to subjugate the masses...

Of course not. Statists and authoritarians always have the best of intentions.
Of course the liberals won't pander to popular causes either. Because ya know, they are WAY better.

No, unfortunately, they're just as bad. At least you have that in common.

Question...if you and Golfing Gator were stand-up positive contributors would you care about how others decide to live at your expense?

In practical reality, "decriminalization" would mitigate some of the damage done by the "war on drugs", and be a step in the right direction. But where's the fun in discussing practical reality?

This war on drugs you speak of...is that like the "war" on rape and murder? The "war" on speeding"? The "war" on drunk driving?

Hmm.... no. I get the impression you're trying to make a point. Keep trying.

Sorry chuckles, I do not do drugs, outside of my Advair that is. But the difference between you and I is that I do not try to force people to act like me.

Also, what the fuck is a "welfare mandate"?

Its super confusing...try to connect the dots.
mandate
[ man-deyt ]
noun
a command or authorization to act in a particular way on a public issue given by the electorate to its representative:The president had a clear mandate to end the war.
a command from a superior court or official to a lower one:The appellate court resolved the appeal and issued a mandate to the district judge.
an authoritative order or command:a royal mandate.
(in the League of Nations) a commission given to a nation to administer the government and affairs of a former Turkish territory or German colony.

Hmm.... no. I get the impression you're trying to make a point. Keep trying.

Yep, it's totally encrypted...one must have their head pulled from their ass to pick up on it....You starting to get it?

who would vote for Mr Butt?

Who?

Really I mean it....who?

the answer is NOBODY

Why would you legalize heroin and Meth???????? why on earth? why?

Here's the thing, I agree with you that the welfare mandate is bullshit. We should repeal it. But Republicans never do that. All they do is use it as an excuse for more overbearing government. If you don't like welfare, grow a pair of nuts and get it repealed. But don't use it as an excuse for an ever more intrusive state. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I think that's because it's an irrelevant distinction to most of us. On a political message board, we're here to argue about principles and ideas. From that perspective, either people have a right to ingest what they want, or they don't. In principle, there's no middle ground.

In practical reality, "decriminalization" would mitigate some of the damage done by the "war on drugs", and be a step in the right direction. But where's the fun in discussing practical reality? ;)

It is irrelevant, and not spreading the truth of what the two are is only harming those on this forum that truly don't know better and everything they learn comes from this place.

Here's the thing, I agree with you that the welfare mandate is bullshit. We should repeal it. But Republicans never do that. All they do is use it as an excuse for more overbearing government. If you don't like welfare, grow a pair of nuts and get it repealed. But don't use it as an excuse for an ever more intrusive state. Two wrongs don't make a right.

That all sounds like tough-guy mumbo-jumbo shit...I think we both know the welfare mandate is here to stay, it's never going anywhere unfortunately...SO, the question is; why would you want to give the go-ahead to pieces of shits to do more drugs and further fuck themselves up at my expense?

It is worth pointing out though that the constitution does give the government the power to regulate commerce and the sale of certain substances would clearly fall under that. Personal use, OTOH, clearly does not no matter what bullshit the SCOTUS has tried to pull with that in the past.

Forum List

Back