C.I.A. Had Evidence of Russian Effort to Help Trump Earlier Than Believed

JohnnyApplesack

Gold Member
Feb 8, 2011
The former officials said that in late August — 10 weeks before the election — John O. Brennan, then the C.I.A. director, was so concerned about increasing evidence of Russia’s election meddling that he began a series of urgent, individual briefings for eight top members of Congress, some of them on secure phone lines while they were on their summer break.

It is unclear what new intelligence might have prompted the classified briefings. But with concerns growing both internally and publicly at the time about a significant Russian breach of the Democratic National Committee, the C.I.A. began seeing signs of possible connections to the Trump campaign, the officials said. By the final weeks of the campaign, Congress and the intelligence agencies were racing to understand the scope of the Russia threat.

In an Aug. 25 briefing for Harry Reid, then the top Democrat in the Senate, Mr. Brennan indicated that Russia’s hackings appeared aimed at helping Mr. Trump win the November election, according to two former officials with knowledge of the briefing.

~ NYT, not Faux News

Mod Edit: You need to include links when quoting another source

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/06/us/trump-russia-cia-john-brennan.html?_r=0

side note the FBI handles espionage inside the US (including int'l traffic from and to) while the CIA only does foreign intel collection, so they clearly saw the Trump campaign collusion from over the pond wow

Last edited by a moderator:
The Russians were probably helping the criminal in a pantsuit but since she lost, blame the Russians.

It's perfect!

The former officials said that in late August — 10 weeks before the election — John O. Brennan, then the C.I.A. director, was so concerned about increasing evidence of Russia’s election meddling that he began a series of urgent, individual briefings for eight top members of Congress, some of them on secure phone lines while they were on their summer break.

It is unclear what new intelligence might have prompted the classified briefings. But with concerns growing both internally and publicly at the time about a significant Russian breach of the Democratic National Committee, the C.I.A. began seeing signs of possible connections to the Trump campaign, the officials said. By the final weeks of the campaign, Congress and the intelligence agencies were racing to understand the scope of the Russia threat.

In an Aug. 25 briefing for Harry Reid, then the top Democrat in the Senate, Mr. Brennan indicated that Russia’s hackings appeared aimed at helping Mr. Trump win the November election, according to two former officials with knowledge of the briefing.

~ NYT, not Faux News

side note the FBI handles espionage inside the US (including int'l traffic from and to) while the CIA only does foreign intel collection, so they clearly saw the Trump campaign collusion from over the pond wow
More fake news posted by Johnny Applesack-Of-Shit

All of the Trump associates' relationship with the Russians will come out.

They will go to jail.

Are we ever going to get tired of breathless accounts of "former officials"? Hasn't the CIA been the laughing stock of every intelligence network in the entire world for their admitted failure to to counter foreign hackers before the last election? A couple of years ago the big news in the intelligence community was based on an allegation that the Bush administration might have "outed" the identity of a covert CIA spy. The story was ludicrous on so many levels but it illustrates criminal negligence by intelligence networks we trusted before 9-11. Here we are about 16 years from the greatest failure of U.S. intelligence in American history and left wing cites unnamed and unverified "former CIA officials" in a conspiracy that everyone has dismissed as bogus.

~ NYT, not Faux News

Too Funny;

The NY SLIMES has been a left wing hack paper for years.. I love how they use debunked information and twist it slightly in an effort to hide that it has been show false many times.. The NY Slimes..Propaganda arm of the DNC right next to MSDNC
fake news do research.PNG

~ NYT, not Faux News

The Russians never meddled in our election, if you believe different then say how they meddled, not just that they did.

Your move asswipe

~ NYT, not Faux News

The Russians never meddled in our election, if you believe different then say how they meddled, not just that they did.
No-Nuts_in_the_sack has no evidence of any thing..

~ NYT, not Faux News

No-Nuts_in_the_sack has no evidence of any thing..

10 out of 10 supermodels want nuts in their man's sack. Which is why Hillary has Huma Doom

Next moron

Last edited:

Forum List

Back