Californians. VOTE YES ON 10!

My entire family and I will be voting NO on 10. And there's a reason homeless people are homeless. Satisfying their addiction is more important to them than having a roof over their heads. Rent control won't help them, they choose to be homeless.
Does that big assed brush you carry around get heavy?
I am not a drug addict. And I didn't choose to be homeless. And until every person here winds up living under and overpass or in their car IF they are lucky enough to have a car, none of you know how bad it really is trying to find a roof over your head. Doesn't even need to be fancy. Just a fucking roof. Without being told to "move along" by cops when you do find a safe place to try to get some sleep.

YES on rent control. That is the only thing dem I agree on. Because I have been there and although I feel guilt for not trying harder to NOT let that happen to me....whats done is done. Mistakes were made, trusts were broken and shit happened. Meanwhile.....those who are lumped in with crazies and addicts although they are NOT, will continue to try to make things right not only for ourselves, but for everyone else in the same situation.

Now.....try to convince me otherwise by explaining how some schmuck that owns a house will charge 5K a month for it because that is the "going rate" for silicon valley types but not so good for struggling families or even older folks on their own...is no different than super markets and gas stations raising prices during a hurricane or catastrophe because people are desperate for food and water.

Yes. Do explain the difference.

If you are currently living under an overpass or in your car no doubt rent will never be cheap enough for you.

Do expla in the difference.

The elephant in the room is vacancy decontrol. When a tenant voluntarily leaves his apartment, why should a landlord be prevented from renovating it and renting it out at an agreed upon price to a new tenant?

My entire family and I will be voting NO on 10. And there's a reason homeless people are homeless. Satisfying their addiction is more important to them than having a roof over their heads. Rent control won't help them, they choose to be homeless.
Does that big assed brush you carry around get heavy?
I am not a drug addict. And I didn't choose to be homeless. And until every person here winds up living under and overpass or in their car IF they are lucky enough to have a car, none of you know how bad it really is trying to find a roof over your head. Doesn't even need to be fancy. Just a fucking roof. Without being told to "move along" by cops when you do find a safe place to try to get some sleep.

YES on rent control. That is the only thing dem I agree on. Because I have been there and although I feel guilt for not trying harder to NOT let that happen to me....whats done is done. Mistakes were made, trusts were broken and shit happened. Meanwhile.....those who are lumped in with crazies and addicts although they are NOT, will continue to try to make things right not only for ourselves, but for everyone else in the same situation.

Now.....try to convince me otherwise by explaining how some schmuck that owns a house will charge 5K a month for it because that is the "going rate" for silicon valley types but not so good for struggling families or even older folks on their own...is no different than super markets and gas stations raising prices during a hurricane or catastrophe because people are desperate for food and water.

Yes. Do explain the difference.
Do you have income?

You guys kill me . Starting threads all the time bashing Cali high housing costs , then You bash a question designed to combat that .

Make up your mind .

Most of the homeless in Ca. are whites and blacks. Illegals all seem to have a place to live, as well as jobs (and welfare). Could that be part of the problem?

Most of the homeless in Ca. are whites and blacks. Illegals all seem to have a place to live, as well as jobs (and welfare). Could that be part of the problem?

Yup, and it gets difficult getting 12 people into a two bedroom house...

RENT CONTROL! Too many are homeless. Its ludicrous! Rent control is needed badly...so vote YES!

Afraid of rent control? Here’s why you should vote yes on Proposition 10 anyway
My 82 yr old m.i.l.moved in with us because the cost of housing in the Portland. Area has skyrocketed. Many seniors are in that situation. Something has to be done :(
Lol right? Fuck everyone that owns property. Fuck everything that has a stake in this big govt malarkey.
Ever consider the local politics? Probably not. Just get big brother to tell everyone else to go fuck themselves.

My family owns real estate in California, so if rent control passes, who knows what will happen? Maybe we'll just hire arsonists to burn it all down.

Government will then be forced to come in and build row houses for people or fancy apartment buildings like they have in Detroit.

abandoned_factory.jpg

Last edited:
RENT CONTROL! Too many are homeless. Its ludicrous! Rent control is needed badly...so vote YES!

My 82 yr old m.i.l.moved in with us because the cost of housing in the Portland. Area has skyrocketed. Many seniors are in that situation. Something has to be done :(
Lol right? Fuck everyone that owns property. Fuck everything that has a stake in this big govt malarkey.
Ever consider the local politics? Probably not. Just get big brother to tell everyone else to go fuck themselves.
TN...how about looking at it from the other side? Affordable housing in many areas is approaching crisis proportions. We aren’t talking drug addicts and those you might term “losers”, but people who have worked and contributed their entire lives in that community or those in low wage jobs working in that community. What is a solution to this growing problem?

I bet half of the morons that support this bullshit support policies that MAKE these rates you bitch about.
Partisanship is a goddamn disease.
Its gross. You are fucking gross.

Democrats keep coming with bad ideas. Rent control is one of the worst. It's legalized theft of real estate.

I bet half of the morons that support this bullshit support policies that MAKE these rates you bitch about.
I don’t think this is a partisan problem.

TN...how about looking at it from the other side? Affordable housing in many areas is approaching crisis proportions. We aren’t talking drug addicts and those you might term “losers”, but people who have worked and contributed their entire lives in that community or those in low wage jobs working in that community. What is a solution to this growing problem?
You mean i need to consider only the people you want me to?
You mean try to think like a statist?
Please, you know me. Rental control is a majority regulation on private property. That makes me sick.
I look at everyone the same and you so called "tolerant and understanding" people just want me to look at people differently.
Screw that.

I don’t think this is a partisan problem.
Oh bullshit. You bedwetting leftists are ALWAYS calling for govt control that fucks everything up.
You make right wingers look like they actually care about equality and liberty.. thats pathetic.

Forum List

Back