Californians. VOTE YES ON 10!

I bet half of the morons that support this bullshit support policies that MAKE these rates you bitch about.
Partisanship is a goddamn disease.
Its gross. You are fucking gross.
I don’t think this is a partisan problem.

When you have one side demanding that tax payers flip the bill for those in need for all occasions it then becomes a partisan issue.

Now if both sides agree to do this or neither side agrees, then it is not a partisan issue.

But alas, the Dims always want to throw money at the poor. Give them free health care, housing, free meals, clean needles, bath rooms, free rubbers, etc., etc. and demand it be an entitlement for all time. The only question becomes, will the GOP rise up against them? That is never a certainty.

So just throw continuous mandated money at drug abusers and illegal aliens, etc., and who knows what else. There, that should fix it.

Democrats keep coming with bad ideas. Rent control is one of the worst. It's legalized theft of real estate.

Private ownership of housing will simply have to find other work or go bankrupt. Then the government takes over.

That is the genius of the Left, it is the same solution for everything.

All I ever asked for was REASONABLE RENT. Period.
Those who are in this thread having a shit hissy, have no clue what its like to be totally alone and out on the street. None. Zilch. Nada. I had no clue either. Yet, that is where I wound up.

Yes, SJ, I get an income from SS. But it is not enough. Why rent to two old people a REASONABLE rent that will take care of that property, not party, not be late when its due, and STAY there for many years when you can rent to 5 college students in a 2 bedroom apartment with bunk beds in each room and make a mint? Who cares if they have kegger parties, make the neighbors file complaints, destroy your property and move out or wind up being kicked out 3 months later and it cost an arm and a leg to do so? It doesn't make sense.

AFFORDABLE rent. That is what most of us that wound up in that situation want. Just affordable. A 1 bedroom for 600 per month is affordable. 800 per month for a 2 bedroom is affordable for families with 2 kids. But...there are no apartments for rent fo 600/800 per month!!! And, they want THREE TIMES THE AMOUNT OF asking rent in your monthly paycheck. THREE TIMES. Plus the deposit. Plus the deposits on water, gas, electric, cable, internet, trash? Hello?????

But..landlords can ask that because they cram the apartments with as many people as they can get in there. Mostly illegals. They don't care as long as they get their fucking money. Voting yes on 10 will put a wrench in some folks ass when there are more restrictions on who they rent to and how much they are wanting.

Those who are in this thread having a shit hissy, have no clue what its like to be totally alone and out on the street. None. Zilch. Nada. I had no clue either. Yet, that is where I wound up.

Yes, SJ, I get an income from SS. But it is not enough. Why rent to two old people a REASONABLE rent that will take care of that property, not party, not be late when its due, and STAY there for many years when you can rent to 5 college students in a 2 bedroom apartment with bunk beds in each room and make a mint? Who cares if they have kegger parties, make the neighbors file complaints, destroy your property and move out or wind up being kicked out 3 months later and it cost an arm and a leg to do so? It doesn't make sense.

AFFORDABLE rent. That is what most of us that wound up in that situation want. Just affordable. A 1 bedroom for 600 per month is affordable. 800 per month for a 2 bedroom is affordable for families with 2 kids. But...there are no apartments for rent fo 600/800 per month!!! And, they want THREE TIMES THE AMOUNT OF asking rent in your monthly paycheck. THREE TIMES. Plus the deposit. Plus the deposits on water, gas, electric, cable, internet, trash? Hello?????

But..landlords can ask that because they cram the apartments with as many people as they can get in there. Mostly illegals. They don't care as long as they get their fucking money. Voting yes on 10 will put a wrench in some folks ass when there are more restrictions on who they rent to and how much they are wanting.
All i heard was you want govt sanctioned property theft. It is not their fault you are in a bad situation. Why punish them? Are you that selfish?
Im sorry gracie but damn..

Rent control doesn't help you.....it will hurt more people like you. What you need in California is less restriction on building areas, not less.....more housing drives the cost down, government setting prices drives the cost up.

And let me guess, who decides what is reasonable is some detached and unaccountable bureaucrat as always.

It's just like Obamacare. The government gets in there and makes all these demands of private insurance until they can no longer do business and go belly up, as the government take over more and more until they consume it.

Rent control doesn't help you.....it will hurt more people like you. What you need in California is less restriction on building areas, not less.....more housing drives the cost down, government setting prices drives the cost up.

Hell, why not just raise the minimum wage so that they can jack up all the other expenses in California, thus disempowering the poor even more.

Makes perfect sense to a dead head liberal.

I plan to vote yes on 10. I do not plan to argue why. I have my reasons. And but for the grace of God goes you (general you). I can relate to the thousands LIVING in tents all over this state...doomed to be thought of as shiftless, worthless, non human, drug addicts, alcoholics, pathetic, etc etc etc. I hope none of you ever experience it either. Its not fun. Its depressing. Its sad. It can kill you in more ways than one. ....body, soul, self.

Thankfully, there ARE people who share their homes. We were lucky to find two people that did and are.

It happened to me. It can happen to you. And by that time, IF it ever does, I hope you find someone(s) like we did because you damn sure won't find affordable housing any other way.

How affordable does housing have to be for a homeless person to be able to afford it? No property owner is gonna rent their property out for less than their payment on that property. Would you?

RENT CONTROL! Too many are homeless. Its ludicrous! Rent control is needed badly...so vote YES!

Afraid of rent control? Here’s why you should vote yes on Proposition 10 anyway

Rent Control? Seriously? So you don't want more housing in California......boy, you guys are dumb...

Exactly.

Apparently some people don't understand the laws of supply & demand, specifically the part regarding the fact that imposing a binding price ceiling in a market will reduce supply to the point where the market supply curve intersects the demand curve at the binding price, the lower the price ceiling the lower the supply.

Not to mention the fact that owner incentive to invest in upkeep and renovation is reduced by a factor of the difference between a free market equilibrium price and the binding price ceiling.

From an economic standpoint rent control is about the dumbest idea ever conceived to provide more affordable (and livable) housing but it's a great idea if your objective is to create slums and housing shortages.

I plan to vote yes on 10. I do not plan to argue why. I have my reasons. And but for the grace of God goes you (general you). I can relate to the thousands LIVING in tents all over this state...doomed to be thought of as shiftless, worthless, non human, drug addicts, alcoholics, pathetic, etc etc etc. I hope none of you ever experience it either. Its not fun. Its depressing. Its sad. It can kill you in more ways than one. ....body, soul, self.

Thankfully, there ARE people who share their homes. We were lucky to find two people that did and are.

It happened to me. It can happen to you. And by that time, IF it ever does, I hope you find someone(s) like we did because you damn sure won't find affordable housing any other way.

Having California destroy itself is actually beneficial to the conservative cause, so you have my full support.

Anchorage has a similar problem with the price of housing being really high. So lots of people have moved out to "The Valley" (Matanuska-Susitna Valley) for affordable housing. Now folks had affordable housing but had to commute to Anchorage, where most of the jobs were. Oh, and there's only on road into and out of Anchorage, so we would have twice daily traffic congestion comparable to any larger urban center, even worse in winter when that road goes to ice and snow. Guess what's been happening? Lots of businesses are following people out to the Valley, providing jobs and services. Many people don't need to commute any more. It's only a matter of time before housing prices start rising, though. I wonder where people will go then? I hope the go to warmer climes...like Cali.

My entire family and I will be voting NO on 10. And there's a reason homeless people are homeless. Satisfying their addiction is more important to them than having a roof over their heads. Rent control won't help them, they choose to be homeless.
Does that big assed brush you carry around get heavy?
I am not a drug addict. And I didn't choose to be homeless. And until every person here winds up living under and overpass or in their car IF they are lucky enough to have a car, none of you know how bad it really is trying to find a roof over your head. Doesn't even need to be fancy. Just a fucking roof. Without being told to "move along" by cops when you do find a safe place to try to get some sleep.

YES on rent control. That is the only thing dem I agree on. Because I have been there and although I feel guilt for not trying harder to NOT let that happen to me....whats done is done. Mistakes were made, trusts were broken and shit happened. Meanwhile.....those who are lumped in with crazies and addicts although they are NOT, will continue to try to make things right not only for ourselves, but for everyone else in the same situation.

Now.....try to convince me otherwise by explaining how some schmuck that owns a house will charge 5K a month for it because that is the "going rate" for silicon valley types but not so good for struggling families or even older folks on their own...is no different than super markets and gas stations raising prices during a hurricane or catastrophe because people are desperate for food and water.

Yes. Do explain the difference.
Landlords cannot improve or repair rental units under rent control. Landlords quickly become slumlords until a court steps in and orders repairs. The landlord then evicts the entire building to make repairs or, just burns it down and collects insurance.

Just a roof. Well the roof they too often get is over run with rats and roaches. The plumbing is chancy. There might not be any heat.

How do you get affordable housing? First you have to get all democrats out of local office. Then do what Trump did, systematically remove the onerous building and environmental regulations that prevent the construction of affordable housing. The only path to affordable housing is to increase the supply of housing. There is no other way.

If you go through South and south central Los Angeles today you will see burned out and disintegrating hulks of buildings destroyed in the Watt's riots of 1965. They were abandoned by the owners. Derelicts break in when they can and make them into dangerous drug dens.

Why? This is Los Angeles. The land has to be worth building on. No. The permits are hundreds of thousands of dollars alone. The regulations concern themselves with minutiae with steep fines. Thousands of rental units removed.

Parts of Santa Monica have rent control. Those rental units have been slowly removed from the market, razed to the ground and replaced with high end luxury condos. Not rented. Owned.

Instead of increasing supply. The market is shrinking. Rent control can only make it worse.

Forum List

Back