Can any American of integrity honestly be against regulation?

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2011
Well yes, actually, regulation is why the USSR and Red China failed, why so many blacks are in jail, and why we had the Great Depression and current recession, for example. A liberal lacks the IQ to know that regulators need regulators and those regulators need regulators and those regulators need regulators and so on until you have capitalism wherein everyone is a regulator based on the shopping decisions millions of regulator shoppers make every day! It is the most through and effective regulation there is; it's called capitalist regulation. Its why we're the richest people in human history and the world's moral policeman too.

Jefferson said it better than I can:

"Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the form of kings[regulators] to govern him? Let history answer this question". -Thomas Jefferson

I opened this thread with a lot of hope preparing to intellectually argue pro-2nd amendment but was dismayed this is just another pointless thread from a brain dead conservative making retarded points. I'm going to move on now and let this thread die it's natural death.

I opened this thread with a lot of hope preparing to intellectually argue pro-2nd amendment but was dismayed this is just another pointless thread from a brain dead conservative making retarded points. I'm going to move on now and let this thread die it's natural death.

Jefferson was making a retarded point????

See why we say liberals are so slow, so very very slow??

Nope. Because he said kings. Not regulators :cuckoo:

"The idea that institutions, established for the use of the nation, cannot be touched nor modified, even to make them answer their end, because of the rights gratuitously supposed in those employed to manage them in trust for the public, may, perhaps be a salutary provision against the abuses of a monarch, but it is most absurd against the nation itself"

-- Thomas Jefferson; letter to William Plumer on the Dartmouth Case (July, 21, 1816)

Crackpot Doom Scandal: "Jefferson was for ecclesiastical corporate prerogative"

Nope. Because he said kings. Not regulators

too stupid!! Jefferson was for very very tiny government!!!! He did not want kings or regulators governing us!!!

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread."- Thomas Jefferson

"The policy of the American government is to leave their citizens
free, neither restraining nor aiding them in their pursuits."-Jefferson
-

We do the best we can with the greatest document ever created, the US Constitution. The problem is that the media is often manipulated into supporting bogus left wing philosophy. The media supported FDR's incarceration of American citizens because it was convenient.

Well yes, actually, regulation is why the USSR and Red China failed, why so many blacks are in jail, and why we had the Great Depression and current recession, for example. A liberal lacks the IQ to know that regulators need regulators and those regulators need regulators and those regulators need regulators and so on until you have capitalism wherein everyone is a regulator based on the shopping decisions millions of regulator shoppers make every day! It is the most through and effective regulation there is; it's called capitalist regulation. Its why we're the richest people in human history and the world's moral policeman too.

"Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the form of kings[regulators] to govern him? Let history answer this question". -Thomas Jefferson

I'm not in favor of a having a lot of regulations but don't you think that we have to have some regulations in order to be a civil and organized society?

Doesn't the idea of corporate America having unchecked power frighten you? Can you imagine what kind of damage they can do for the sake profit? We need regulation.

Your view is a little radical really. Even Mitt Romney believes regulation is necessary.

I'm not in favor of a having a lot of regulations but don't you think that we have to have some regulations in order to be a civil and organized society?

of course!! Jefferson was not an anarchist!!

Doesn't the idea of corporate America having unchecked power frighten you? Can you imagine what kind of damage they can do for the sake profit? We need regulation.

dear, capitalist regulation is the most severe of all!!!!! It bankrupts 10,000 corporations every month!! 310 million citizen regulators are far better than a few in Washington!!

Can you understand that?? We suspect that liberals lack the IQ for even simply abstract reasoning. Please prove me wrong.

The problem with the radical bigoted left is that they assume crazy stuff. The emotional left assumes that Americans who pay attention to their Constitutional right (some would say duty) to limit the power of the federal government are somehow betraying the vision of Karl Marx.

Jefferson was for very very tiny government!!!!

Yet another fallacy. Is this the "integrity honestly" we can expect? :eusa_eh:

"Shall we suppress the impost and give that advantage to foreign over domestic manufactures? On a few articles of more general and necessary use the suppression in due season will doubtless be right, but the great mass of the articles on which impost is paid are foreign luxuries, purchased by those only who are rich enough to afford themselves the use of them.
Their patriotism would certainly prefer its continuance and application to the great purposes of the public education, roads, rivers, canals, and such other objects of public improvement as it may be thought proper to add to the constitutional enumeration of Federal powers. By these operations new channels of communications will be opened between the States, the lines of separation will disappear, their interests will be identified, and their union cemented by new and indissoluble ties"
-- Thomas Jefferson; from Sixth State of the Union Address.

Yet another fallacy. Is this the "integrity honestly" we can expect?

you perfect idiot!!! what did Jefferson found the Republican party for in 1793 if not for very very limited government?????????????????????????

Yet another fallacy. Is this the "integrity honestly" we can expect?

you perfect idiot!!! what did Jefferson found the Republican party for in 1793 if not for very very limited government?????????????????????????

Well, the words of his political ally at that time may help you understand:

"Of all occupations those are the least desirable in a free state which produce the most servile dependence of one class of citizens on another class. This dependence must increase as the mutuality of wants is diminished. Where the wants on one side are the absolute necessaries and on the other are neither absolute necessaries, nor result from the habitual economy of life, but are the mere caprices of fancy"
-- James Madison; "Fashion" National Gazette (March, 20, 1792)

"One of the divisions consists of those who, from particular interest, from natural temper, or from the habits of life, are more partial to the opulent than to the other classes of society; and having debauched themselves into a persuasion that mankind are incapable of governing themselves, it follows with them, of course, that government can be carried on only by the pageantry of rank, the influence of money and emoluments, and the terror of military force. Men of those sentiments must naturally wish to point the measures of government less to the interest of the many than of a few, and less to the reason of the many than to their weaknesses; hoping perhaps in proportion to the ardor of their zeal, that by giving such a turn to the administration, the government itself may by degrees be narrowed into fewer hands and approximated to a hereditary form"
-- James Madison; from 'A Candid State of Parties' (Sept 22, 1792)

I hope this helps. I really do.

How can any man or woman of good will and intelligence be for regulation?

We have laws, enforce them. Regulation does nothing to end corruption. The regulators are the corrupt.

The solution is to teach with as much evangelicalism as global warming has been taught from pre-school up the following.. with practical
down to earth examples like this one.

Ask an adult this question:
Why do you drive 20mph in a 20mph school zone?
1) Because there might be a cop around.
2) Because it is the law.
3) Because a car driven at 40mph can't stop if a kid darts out into the street.

Most adults will choose 1. A few will choose 2. Very little if any will choose 3!
Yet it is the law of physics that supersedes the first two!

Very few adults understand the basis for rules,regulations,etc. can be summed up with the practical, common sense statement:
"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you!" Yes the "Golden Rule"!

If pre-schoolers on up were taught the practical value of the Golden Rule, i.e. don't take someone's toy because you don't want someone to take your toy. For adults, don't drive 40mph in a school zone because your kid might dart out in front of a car.. i.e. do unto others as you would have others do unto you!

We've relegated the Golden Rule to theology when it is so basic to all civilized societies and best illustrated by what the OP stated about
regulators watching regulators, etc...
There are NOT enough video cameras much less cops on every street corner to enforce the millions of rules,regulations so what
should be the simplest most efficient advancement of civilization is..
TEACHING the practical, pragmatic, common sense value of "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

That applies to corporations, to "greedy" evil wall street.. to manufacturers,etc.
If a major effort to change the perception of the Golden Rule from strictly theological to "LOGICAL" practical adherence to the laws of
physics.. i.e. DON"T TEXT and Drive! Don't do it because it is against the law but it is against a higher law.. physics!@!!!!
And the laws of physics are really engrained in the Golden Rule.. "don't push someone if you don't want to be pushed!"
Don't cheat on your taxes unless you want others to cheat also! Don't drink and drive because you are physically impaired!

And back these up with concrete real examples!
NO amount of cameras, GPS,etc.. will work as well as educated, considerate, people adhering to the Golden Rule!

Forum List

Back