Can any American of integrity honestly be against regulation?

dear, Fanny, Freddie, CRA, Fed, SEC, FHA,FDIC all regulated and oversaw in too many ways to count. You regulate and oversee to get a result. In this case everyone who regulated or oversaw did it to get people into homes the Republican free market said they could not afford.
The regulation is in place for the over seeing officials to abide by and/or to obey, but when the over seeing group or individual ignores regulation/laws that are already on the books, then it should be jail time baby or some kind of punishment according to the crime that was committed to be waged against them...

no idea what you are talking about. Does it occur to you to present a concrete example??
Are you not for regulation at all or for laws at all ? I mean this is the very thing that keeps us from completely disintegrating in America or becoming so lawless and free in our lawlessness that we in turn cut off millions in their hopes and dreams in which America as a law abiding nation does represent or should represent always.

Regulation in my book is the same as laws, and laws aren't meant to be broken once enacted or put in place to protect the citizenry and our systems, wouldn't you agree?

Are you not for regulation at all or for laws at all ?

dear, Jefferson was not an anarchist, but he was for very very limited government and lots and lots of capitalist self-regulation.

Very true, liberals think that if you're not for every law and regulation, youre against them all.......hmmmmm sounds like a Bush quote on terrorists......that liberals hated.....

dear, Jefferson was not an anarchist, but he was for very very limited government and lots and lots of capitalist self-regulation.

Different time period, and a different people with different values, tendencies and ideologies being dealt with back then also, and so does this make for a huge difference looking right now at these days and times, along with the people we have with us now ? What is the proof that we have changed as a nation, and as a people within the nation? Is this change affecting everything now ? I agree that we don't need more government, but we need to abide by the law and regulations already on the books, but when people invent new ways around the old laws, does there need to be new tweaks in order to close the old loop holes found in those laws, and this in order to close those holes that are being exploited, otherwise this in so that they are no longer exploited by a people who have become so smart that the old laws are out dated maybe ?

Last edited:
Different time period, and a different people with different values,

too stupid!! We still live under his Constitution and more believe in capitalism than ever before. China just switched to capitalist regulation and 100 million were instantly spared the liberal en masse starvation that had been the norm. What planet have you been on???????????

Last edited:
So schools do not teach reciprocity? I am pretty sure that most do.

WeLL obviously it isn't very effective!
Your 4 year old pre-schooler is pumped full of "greening" "global warming" platitudes, memes as the advertisers push their "green" cars,etc...
Every one I mean EVERYONE knows about bringing your re-usable bag and don't use those hateful plastic environmentally bad bags!
MY point which obviously "reciprocity"..Reciprocity in social psychology refers to responding to a positive action with another positive action, rewarding kind actions."
is MISSING is the common daily practical values that ARE NOT ALTRUISTIC and noble or theological of the Golden Rule is NOT being taught!
Again.. I asked my 13 year old granddaughter why one shouldn't drive 40mph in a 20mph zone and her response "it's against the law".. YES but WHY leads people to understand the speed zone tells us that is the SAFEST speed because of the laws of physics i.e. can't see the kid darting out behind the parked car!

Simple. Common sense education not "reciprocity" is NOT being taught! You don't text and drive because the law of physics not the laws of man!

Once people start to understand the fundamental law that you can't break the LAWS of physics then we won't be so dependent on the laws of man!

I know when I was in school, we were taught to think about what it would be like to be Anne Frank, or Linda Brown, or what it would be like to be in a wheelchair, etc. I don't know if they taught that stuff in every corner of the country. I also remember that they tried to teach us to think critically. Some kids had the knack, and others not so much.

Yes, you were taught to think, not to simply regurgitate some response.

Very true, liberals think that if you're not for every law and regulation, youre against them all.......hmmmmm sounds like a Bush quote on terrorists......that liberals hated.....

I think the problem is deeper than that. Liberals are very very slow and think the solution to cancer is more regulation. Well not really but their attitude is very very similar. If there is a problem, regulation is the answer. Even after the recent housing crisis, and the soviet and East German experience, for example, they can't see that regulations can be more harmful than helpful.

They have a feeling that those who make regulations and those who enforce them have devine qualities.

Last edited:

I think the problem is deeper than that. Liberals are very very slow and think the solution to cancer is more regulation. Well not really but their attitude is very very similar. If there is a problem, regulation is the answer. Even after the recent housing crisis, and the soviet and East German experience, for example, they can't see that regulations can be more harmful than helpful.

They have a feeling that those who make regulations and those who enforce them have devine qualities.

Well then they're stupid.....How much evidence do you need? Most are lemmings that go off the cliff......they think deficits dont matter and if you cut anything other than defense they squeal like a pig.

And with the housing crises, the feds made banks lend to risky people.......all due to equality....liberals dont understand that some people can buy, some cant....lets work on why that is, not just mandate we give them housing.

too stupid!! We still live under his Constitution and more believe in capitalism than ever before. China just switched to capitalist regulation and 100 million were instantly spared the liberal en masse starvation that had been the norm. What planet have you been on???????????

And of course their capitalist regulations turned China into a country with much less pollution than we experience, correct?

And of course their capitalist regulations turned China into a country with much less pollution than we experience, correct?

OMG!!! Too completely stupid and 100% liberal!!! Dear, they are much much better off living with pollution than being dead!!

It is impossible to figure out how you didn't know that.

Well then they're stupid.....How much evidence do you need? Most are lemmings that go off the cliff......they think deficits dont matter and if you cut anything other than defense they squeal like a pig.

And with the housing crises, the feds made banks lend to risky people.......all due to equality....liberals dont understand that some people can buy, some cant....lets work on why that is, not just mandate we give them housing.

Feds required banks to make risky loans. Any proof of that?

OMG!!! Too completely stupid and 100% liberal!!! Dear, they are much much better off living with pollution than being dead!!

It is impossible to figure out how you didn't know that.

So they can't balance it out where if they don't pollute, people starve? And we have government regulation and have better environmental standards and people don't starve here? Seem like you're presenting a case for government regulation.

dear, thats why Fanny Freddie, to pick 2, were created!! to make loans that the free market would not have made!! Did you think they were created to stop so many loans?????

dear, thats why Fanny Freddie, to pick 2, were created!! to make loans that the free market would not have made!! Did you think they were created to stop so many loans?????

Were any lenders forced to make unsafe loans?

Andrew Cuomo and Fannie and Freddie - Page 1 - News - New York - Village Voice

He took actions that—in combination with many other factors—helped plunge Fannie and Freddie into the subprime markets without putting in place the means to monitor their increasingly risky investments

Basically, according to the article, Mr. Cuomo, now New York State attorney general, drove efforts by HUD to increase minority homeownership

but he even predicted it......here it is....
This was from descrimination in housing speech......he wanted to lend to minorities even though they couldnt pay....and he knew default rates would be higher...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TWOPDN5Va0"]1998: Sec. Andrew Cuomo Defends Affirmative Action Mortgage Policy - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

He took actions that—in combination with many other factors—helped plunge Fannie and Freddie into the subprime markets without putting in place the means to monitor their increasingly risky investments

Basically, according to the article, Mr. Cuomo, now New York State attorney general, drove efforts by HUD to increase minority homeownership

This was from descrimination in housing speech......he wanted to lend to minorities even though they couldnt pay....and he knew default rates would be higher...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TWOPDN5Va0"]1998: Sec. Andrew Cuomo Defends Affirmative Action Mortgage Policy - YouTube[/ame]

I think I was right in stating that lenders weren't forced to make bad loans althought yes requirements were lessened. I knew a couple of people that worked for banks making risky loans and were just told to push the loans through, the loans would change hands a month later and they did.

Were any lenders forced to make unsafe loans?

dear, obviously the liberal government created an environment wherein they made millions and millions of unsafe loans. Fanny Freddie, for example, had an implied government guarantee as a GSE that seemingly meant all loans appeared safe so they dropped their standards and made the loans thanks to government intervention.

Similiarly, as Bernanke now says he plans to keep rates low for years it was assumed the very liberal "Greenspan put" was in place and so any significant problems would be quickly bailed out. Take all the liberal regulations like that away that were designed to get enough loans made to fit liberal objectives, not market objectives and there would have been no crisis and no 22 million unemployed today.

Last edited:

I think I was right in stating that lenders weren't forced to make bad loans althought yes requirements were lessened. I knew a couple of people that worked for banks making risky loans and were just told to push the loans through, the loans would change hands a month later and they did.

yeah but they had to or they would be considered descriminatory......they were blackmailed into it.......Cuomo said as much

here is the longer video....2.1 Billion dollar descrimination settlement.....a.k.a blackmail...now those people with shitty credit can get a loan....uh oh!!!!!!!!!!!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr1M1T2Y314"]How The Democrats Caused The Financial Crisis: Starring Bill Clinton's HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo And Barack Obama; With Special Guest Appearances By Bill Clinton And Jimmy Carter - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back