Can Atheists be Moral?

Post numbers are shown (see upper right-hand corner); d has trouble finding the pertinent post while holding onto the phone at the same time. d will be getting screwed by information anarchy, regardless. Others will be thinking behind d's back, independently as they read.
Not on the phone. Use the reply button. It won’t kill you.

Not exactly. You still believe it is about the destination rather than the journey.
What are you talking about?
That people like yourself and Taz believe faith is about death and not life.
No we get it. In life faith makes you feel good. And when you are dead none of that faith shit is going to help you. So you are 100% correct the only benefits are here and now.

It may comfort you right before you die. You think that when you expire you become a god yourself. I would think you'd be happy to die knowing this. And you get to see grandma again! Yippy!!!

Are you serious you believe this or is it just wishful thinking.
No. You still don’t get it. Your bias is getting in your way.
What am I not getting.

What if I said you aren't getting it? What would you say to that? I'll tell you what you would say. You'd say, "what am I not getting?"

So be more specific. I know you are going somewhere with this.
You aren’t getting that having faith in God changes you for the better and makes you happier about life. And it is happiness which leads to success.

I believe you will find that deeply Christian individuals are better at understanding human nature than those who are decidedly against biblical Christianity. I also find that believers are drawn to each other no matter where they live or where they are from. They share the same FATHER!
You share the same myths. If your god was actually provable, everyone would be on board.
Maybe the point is to distinguish the ones that should be on board from the ones that shouldn’t be on board.
So god's going to cherry pick from all the dead people? :lol:
Not exactly. You still believe it is about the destination rather than the journey.
The journey of a deformed fetus that will be born in constant pain? You’re clueless.
You don’t know that. In fact most handicapped children are happy and loved greatly.

You share the same myths. If your god was actually provable, everyone would be on board.
Maybe the point is to distinguish the ones that should be on board from the ones that shouldn’t be on board.
The journey of a deformed fetus that will be born in constant pain? You’re clueless.
You don’t know that. In fact most handicapped children are happy and loved greatly.
I’m not talking about most handicapped children, I’m talking about the ones that will live in constant severe pain. You’d have them suffer because of some fake invisible being that you love.

I’m not talking about most handicapped children, I’m talking about the ones that will live in constant severe pain. You’d have them suffer because of some fake invisible being that you love.
Ok, how many are those? What percentage of all children are born with defects that will cause physical pain 24//7/365?

Ok, how many are those? What percentage of all children are born with defects that will cause physical pain 24//7/365?
The number is inconsequential, you want them to suffer for your beliefs. That’s messed up.

The number is inconsequential, you want them to suffer for your beliefs. That’s messed up.
No. The number is minuscule and you are trying to define the rule using a minuscule number.

No, I don’t want them to suffer. You are using a minuscule number of exceptions to justify the murder of millions of babies. That’s the definition of messed up, Taz.

What are you talking about?
No we get it. In life faith makes you feel good. And when you are dead none of that faith shit is going to help you. So you are 100% correct the only benefits are here and now.

It may comfort you right before you die. You think that when you expire you become a god yourself. I would think you'd be happy to die knowing this. And you get to see grandma again! Yippy!!!

What am I not getting.

What if I said you aren't getting it? What would you say to that? I'll tell you what you would say. You'd say, "what am I not getting?"

You aren’t getting that having faith in God changes you for the better and makes you happier about life. And it is happiness which leads to success.
Ding in my opinion, having faith does not make you happier, in fact losing faith made me a happier and better person. Unlike religion, I am compelled to try to be a decent person, after all it's not like I can ask forgiveness and be done with it when I hurt the people around me.

No. The number is minuscule and you are trying to define the rule using a minuscule number.

No, I don’t want them to suffer. You are using a minuscule number of exceptions to justify the murder of millions of babies. That’s the definition of messed up, Taz.
No, I’m not talking about the others just this specific circumstance. You want them to suffer for your beliefs. You’re a sick prick.

What am I not getting.

Ding in my opinion, having faith does not make you happier, in fact losing faith made me a happier and better person. Unlike religion, I am compelled to try to be a decent person, after all it's not like I can ask forgiveness and be done with it when I hurt the people around me.
To each his own.

What am I not getting.

Apparently Taz agrees with you. I guess the only question I have for you is do you agree with Taz?

What am I not getting.

Apparently Taz agrees with you. I guess the only question I have for you is do you agree with Taz?
I don't agree that you are a sick fuck. What I do agree with is, that making ANYBODY suffer because of religious beliefs is morally wrong. I also agree that when that person can not make such a decision next of kin have the right to do so. I also have the view that a person has the right himself to define suffering, if he's able to do so.

What am I not getting.

I don't agree that you are a sick fuck. What I do agree with is, that making ANYBODY suffer because of religious beliefs is morally wrong. I also agree that when that person can not make such a decision next of kin have the right to do so. I also have the view that a person has the right himself to define suffering, if he's able to do so.
Which religious belief would that be in my case? I haven’t made a religious argument?

What am I not getting.

Which religious belief would that be in my case? I haven’t made a religious argument?
You are against euthanasia and abortion on religious grounds are you not?

What am I not getting.

I also assume you find same sex attraction morally wrong, although that's an assumption on my end.

What am I not getting.

I also have to admit that religiohs grounds were badly chosen. I should probably have said moral grounds.

You are against euthanasia and abortion on religious grounds are you not?
No. I am against abortion on legal grounds.

At conception a new genetically distinct human being comes into existence. One that has never existed before and will never exist again.

And since it is a human being- albeit one in its earliest stage of the human life cycle - he or she is not property to be disposed of at the will of its owner.

Forum List

Back