Can Reps modify abortion stance?

[

well that was not the intellectual response i had hoped for....

i think that until the social and fiscal unite there is no real hope for the GOP....
you can't mix fical conservatism with social liberalism and expect to broadcast a coherent message...

I really don't want to call what the GOP currently stands for "Fiscal Conservativism".

If you want to see real fiscal conservatism, it was what we had under Bill Clinton. We balanced the budget, we posted surpluses.... we mostly avoided unnecessary wars.

And he did that while being more socially liberal than Obama.

Of course, the fiscal conservatives hated Clinton because his fiscal conservatism also meant the rich paid their fair share and weren't allowed to defraud consumers. That bastard.

The social conservatives hated him because he was kind of a letch.

LOL, Bill had no choice he HAD to work with Pubs, sorry.

Actually, he did. Let's not forget, when Newt shut down the government, it was Newt who eventually blinked.

[

well that was not the intellectual response i had hoped for....

i think that until the social and fiscal unite there is no real hope for the GOP....
you can't mix fical conservatism with social liberalism and expect to broadcast a coherent message...

I really don't want to call what the GOP currently stands for "Fiscal Conservativism".

If you want to see real fiscal conservatism, it was what we had under Bill Clinton. We balanced the budget, we posted surpluses.... we mostly avoided unnecessary wars.

And he did that while being more socially liberal than Obama.

Of course, the fiscal conservatives hated Clinton because his fiscal conservatism also meant the rich paid their fair share and weren't allowed to defraud consumers. That bastard.

The social conservatives hated him because he was kind of a letch.

LOL, Bill had no choice he HAD to work with Pubs, sorry.

LMAO!! That's without a doubt the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. The first thing Bill Clinton did was to raise tax rates with the Republicans screaming gloom and doom. Then he created 22 million jobs, balanced the annual budget, generated surpluses the last three fys of his second term and had the debt on the way to be completely paid off by 2012. You folks amaze me. Is it your memory or your intellect? Something ain't working.

[

you're the one out of touch with reality...but then so many liberal are...

i'd say it looks like the great liberal "War on Poverty" didn't do so great....see chart...

(and don't look at the initial drop.... the poverty level had fallen already from 22.4% in 1959 to 19% in 1964 when the War on Poverty was announced by LBJ...)

400px-US_poverty_rate_timeline.gif

I think you are defeating your own argument.

Why not look at a starting point of 1932 and then go to 1964... and how much the poverty went down with 32 years of sensible economic policy that even Eisenhower supported.

And yes, the poverty rate went down, but look at where it spikes again...

Reagan... Bush.. and Bush II.

Thhe fact that you people are hung up on abortion is ludicrous, it is a 50/50 issue and does not decide elections.

You are using bogus analysis. Get a real one. The figures since you are willing to lie were about 28 to 16% in six years; you can look it up or I will pin your ears back, little chicken. Also get us a real link. And tell us why you ignored Goldwater.

The rate for the elderly in poverty has fallen from 50% to 10% since SS began.

You are not only out of touch, you are also lying.

Goldwater voted against the Civil Rights act. In the arly 1970s he told several of us Young Republicans who were club presidents of the various states that was a mistake politically. His understanding of political reality was out of touch by the mid 60s.

Our far right's cultural insensitivity today is out of touch with political reality.

ScreamingEagle, tell us what the poverty rate was in 1964 then 1970 the 2010 in America.

ScreamingEagle, tell us what the poverty rate was in 1935 for the elderly and what it is today in 2012.

You are out of touch.

like Romney Goldwater was a fiscal conservative but he ignored the social side of things....in other words a 'higher reason' to vote for him than just good budgeting...

Johnson promoted his "Great Society" (sounds good, no?) and his social programs and won hands down....kinda like BO did....promising goodies... to help the poor and needy....who could say no to all that...?

i'd say it looks like the great liberal "War on Poverty" didn't do so great....see chart...

(and don't look at the initial drop.... the poverty level had fallen already from 22.4% in 1959 to 19% in 1964 when the War on Poverty was announced by LBJ...)

Last edited:
listen up little gay Roo, 55% of women and 66% of single women in the last election voted against us. Yes, it does decide elections. Stupid Roo.
Thhe fact that you people are hung up on abortion is ludicrous, it is a 50/50 issue and does not decide elections.

It's an issue that decides elections when elections themselves are 50/50.

The GOP needs to change how it talks about this issue. It needs to stop threatening to ban abortion and offer alternatives to it.

Otherwise, they are sort of screwed.

Keep in mind who this issue is most important to. Young women, whose ability to control when they get pregnant is key to their career advancement. And, yes, they will keep identifying with the Dems after their child-bearing years are past.

You are using bogus analysis. Get a real one. The figures since you are willing to lie were about 28 to 16% in six years; you can look it up or I will pin your ears back, little chicken. Also get us a real link. And tell us why you ignored Goldwater.

The rate for the elderly in poverty has fallen from 50% to 10% since SS began.

You are not only out of touch, you are also lying.

Goldwater voted against the Civil Rights act. In the arly 1970s he told several of us Young Republicans who were club presidents of the various states that was a mistake politically. His understanding of political reality was out of touch by the mid 60s.

Our far right's cultural insensitivity today is out of touch with political reality.

ScreamingEagle, tell us what the poverty rate was in 1964 then 1970 the 2010 in America.

ScreamingEagle, tell us what the poverty rate was in 1935 for the elderly and what it is today in 2012.

You are out of touch.

Link?

Of course not.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The GOP needs to change how it talks about this issue. It needs to stop threatening to ban abortion and offer alternatives to it.

Keep in mind who this issue is most important to. Young women, whose ability to control when they get pregnant is key to their career advancement. And, yes, they will keep identifying with the Dems after their child-bearing years are past.

And the guys who like to fuck them...don't forget those guys. Abortion is EXTREMELY important to abusers and pimps.

Not you, of course. We know you don't fly that way....

Wait...are you a pimp, Flake?

I guess you could be...naw, never mind, what was I thinking. Like you would work!

listen up little gay Roo, 55% of women and 66% of single women in the last election voted against us. Yes, it does decide elections. Stupid Roo.

(smile) You aren't "us".

....and sorry, abortion is a 50/50 proposition at best.

The mythical "war on women" propogated by the media wasn't about abortion...and it wasn't a "real" story.

You aren't very bright kid.

And the guys who like to fuck them...don't forget those guys. Abortion is EXTREMELY important to abusers and pimps.

Not you, of course. We know you don't fly that way....

Actually, I'm straight. But I used protection when I was of that age group when that was an issue.

More to the point, your rantings that there are abusive men making women have abortions at gunpoint is laughable. Never knew a woman who didn't have an abortion who didn't totally decide on her own that what she wanted.

Fact is, as Jake said, 55% of women and 66% of Single Women voted for Obama. I think that pretty much says it all. This issue is a loser for the GOP.

[

I think you are defeating your own argument.

Why not look at a starting point of 1932 and then go to 1964... and how much the poverty went down with 32 years of sensible economic policy that even Eisenhower supported.

And yes, the poverty rate went down, but look at where it spikes again...

Reagan... Bush.. and Bush II.

look more carefully....

Reagan was elected in 1980......after that look how the line goes DOWN due to job creation...(and note how before that how it went up under Carter)

Bush I was elected in 1988....and the Dim Congress took over (line goes up)

Clinton took over in 1992....line goes UP until Rep Congress took over in 1994 (line goes DOWN due to welfare reform)

Bush II....2000....line goes UP (he never said no to the spending Dim congress)

BO...2008....line goes WAY UP (Santa has arrived!)

link to chart....War on Poverty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2004, more than 35.9 million, or 12% of Americans including 12.1 million children, were considered to be living in poverty with an average growth of almost 1 million per year. According to the CATO institute, since the Johnson Administration almost $15 trillion has been spent on welfare, with poverty rates being about the same as during the Johnson Administration.

It doesn't matter. They aren't looking for the truth..they post lies and they post evidence that they're lying, and will stand straight toe to toe with you insisting that they've proven their lie.

It's crazy. We're on the downhill slope...America is over.

It doesn't matter. They aren't looking for the truth..they post lies and they post evidence that they're lying, and will stand straight toe to toe with you insisting that they've proven their lie.

It's crazy. We're on the downhill slope...America is over.

nah....remember the Tea Party demonstrations....

UKDailyMailImage.jpg

That's right, little gay Roo, you are not mainstream GOP. There is an out right war on women, no myth.. Women flatly said they will vote against us if we keep up on the social values about women and homosexuality. You should have be happy about the latter, because you can come out. 55% and 66% are figures that defeat us.

The GOP will change move to meet those needs. Watch the lame duck session, for starters.

(smile) You aren't "us".

The mythical "war on women" propogated by the media wasn't about abortion...and it wasn't a "real" story.

That's right, little gay Roo, you are not mainstream GOP. There is an out right war on women, no myth.. Women flatly said they will vote against us if we keep up on the social values about women and homosexuality. You should have be happy about the latter, because you can come out. 55% and 66% are figures that defeat us.

The GOP will change move to meet those needs. Watch the lame duck session, for starters.

(smile) You aren't "us".

It is a lie propogated by the media, sorry kid.

There is nothing Repub about you, nothing...apparently YOU are the only one who doesn't know it ;)

Forum List

Back