Can someone explain what Bernie Sander's policies are?

I will address the 2 policies that are most widely referred to.

1. universal single payer healthcare.

we would each pay a 9% increase in federal income tax so as to have guaranteed healthcare.

what this means. currently most americans have some form of private insurance. unless you are poor or old, then you have medicare/Medicaid/CHIP or you are a veteran with VA benefits.

you would basically have no more copays or deductibles or premiums. you would just be able to walk into the doctor and get treatment no matter how much money is in your checking account.

2. tuition free college

Bernie wants to impose a 0.5% tax on every stock trade over $100 to generate the approximately $70-$80 billion needed subsidize tuition at a state school.

call it free stuff that we pay for I guess.

3. End mass incarceration

he wants to change the mandatory minimum laws and take marijuana off the federal narcotic list

4. he wants to end fossil fuel subsidies
basic premise is the federal government shouldn't be subsidizing companies that make billions in profits each year

5. infrastructure program to rebuild/upgrade public utilities and roadways

The same as the Hildebeasts!

Bernie-Sanders-pull-my-finger.jpg

not really a policy or legislative agenda, but he wants to nominate a supreme court justice who is clearly in favor of overturning Citizens United

he also wants to move us towards public funding of elections

not really a policy or legislative agenda, but he wants to nominate a supreme court justice who is clearly in favor of overturning Citizens United

so he is against free speech

Not at all, I assumed the OP wanted specific and honest answers so I was attempting to do that

not you bernie sanders is against free speech

"he"

Not at all, I assumed the OP wanted specific and honest answers so I was attempting to do that

"he"

he isn't against free speech. At one of his rallies some BLM protestors came on stage and he let them have the microphone, he didn't tell his security to drag them out.

Trump is the only candidate I think who has actually discouraged protestors from being critical of him. he actually has people thrown out of his rallies.

So I guess I will need you to define free speech

"he"

he isn't against free speech. At one of his rallies some BLM protestors came on stage and he let them have the microphone, he didn't tell his security to drag them out.

Trump is the only candidate I think who has actually discouraged protestors from being critical of him. he actually has people thrown out of his rallies.

So I guess I will need you to define free speech

he isn't against free speech.

indeed he is if he is against citizens united

Bernie wants all wealth redistributed fairly and by that I mean loaded into government coffers where an elite ruling class will dole out crumbs as they see fit to the enslaved masses.

Dems 1961: Ask not what your country can do for you

Bernie 2016: Don't even bother asking, we'll just GIVE it to you -- for Free!!

Free=mc^2

Forum List

Back