Can The Students Be Silenced?

An ar15 is just a sporting rifle

Sure it is, one man's sport is another families nightmare.

People kill people not firearms, firearms have no control over people. Most people learn that in grade school. You Musta went to public school… A politically correct one

You're wrong. The simple possession of a gun changes how a person acts. The changes may not be perceptible, but they can and many times do provide false security to act in a manner they would not without having the gun in their possession.

How many would have been killed or wounded had the mass killers in recent school attacks used a knife, a baseball bat, or chain saw? All of which are easy to buy as are firearms.

In post 509 Rustic makes once claim I which I totally agree with, he claimed, "I don't understand". Clearly he doesn't on most issues.
Bombs and vehicles are more effective for killing a mass of people every time, that’s why the Terrorists prefer them in the Middle East...

Kinda hard to build a bomb and even more difficult to drive a car down the hallway in a school. As I've posted you seem not to be able to see things as they are, i.e. define a problem and seek a solution. You'd rather spin an issue to conform to your biases. In short, you are a 21st Century Callous Conservative.

Years ago when protests were a daily even at San Francisco St. U. an amateur bomber tried to plant a bomb in one of the buildings, he succeeded in blowing off his own hand.
Crazy people/terrorists will find a way, frivolous gun laws stop Nothing... the gun free zones are proof of that, they are memorial dead kids everywhere

People kill people not firearms, firearms have no control over people. Most people learn that in grade school. You Musta went to public school… A politically correct one

You're wrong. The simple possession of a gun changes how a person acts. The changes may not be perceptible, but they can and many times do provide false security to act in a manner they would not without having the gun in their possession.

How many would have been killed or wounded had the mass killers in recent school attacks used a knife, a baseball bat, or chain saw? All of which are easy to buy as are firearms.

In post 509 Rustic makes once claim I which I totally agree with, he claimed, "I don't understand". Clearly he doesn't on most issues.
Bombs and vehicles are more effective for killing a mass of people every time, that’s why the Terrorists prefer them in the Middle East...

Kinda hard to build a bomb and even more difficult to drive a car down the hallway in a school. As I've posted you seem not to be able to see things as they are, i.e. define a problem and seek a solution. You'd rather spin an issue to conform to your biases. In short, you are a 21st Century Callous Conservative.

Years ago when protests were a daily even at San Francisco St. U. an amateur bomber tried to plant a bomb in one of the buildings, he succeeded in blowing off his own hand.
Crazy people/terrorists will find a way, frivolous gun laws stop Nothing... the gun free zones are proof of that, they are memorial dead kids everywhere

"Crazy people/terrorists will find a way, frivolous gun laws stop Nothing"
Rustic, post #522

They will find a way; thus speeders will speed, thieves will steal and bullies will bully. So do you believe LE should ignore all violations of the codes?

Your argument (actually, not yours) is an echo of so many others, it is ridiculous.

Rustic, post #522

They will find a way; thus speeders will speed, thieves will steal and bullies will bully. So do you believe LE should ignore all violations of the codes?

Your argument (actually, not yours) is an echo of so many others, it is ridiculous.

No, what's stupid is that people like you understand that Laws don't work but want more passed because it will make you "feel" better. Never mind it won't work, as long as you "think" you've "done" something.

Since the student survivors of the mass murder at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School began their drive to ban the sale of semi-automatic, assault type rifles, the tremendous response from other students nationwide has turned their cause into a strong, grass roots movement.

Conservatives and their leaders are deeply concerned over the possible results this overwhelming number of kids could have. Conservatives, gun nuts, and Republican politicians are appalled by these kids demanding their safety be a priority over the gun nuts’ lunatic desire to own the phallic symbol that is their favorite to stroke and kiss.

Due to this uncontrollable fear conservatives have at the thought of losing their penile substitute, Mitch McConnell decided to ignore the growing number of young voters in this movement. With the coming mid-term elections, these many, many, many students now have the potential to join with tens-of-millions of progressive voters and put the Democrats in control of congress.

In addition to Mitch, conservative community leaders, conservatives on school boards and school administrators have done all they can to stifle the students’ enthusiasm. And now, the National Parks Service is doing so.

A “March For Our Lives” rally was planned by the Stoneman Douglas survivors to take place on the Mall in D.C., but organizers were refused a permit by the National Parks Service management. A representative for the Park Service cited a conflict with a “talent show” as the reason.

The co-executive producer of “Dancing With the Stars” Deena Katz was brought in by the Stoneman Douglas survivors to plan the major event and has a nearly $2 million budget. The money is was raised with a “GoFundMe page, along with donations from Oprah Winfrey, Steven Spielberg and George and Amal Clooney.”

The “talent show” permit application listed equipment for the film crew’s use for the Mall as two tables, two bikes and jump ropes.

The list on the permit application for the March For Our Lives rally included 14 Jumbotrons, 2,000 chairs and 2,000 portable restrooms to be funded with part of the $2 million.

This equipment will be used by the “student speakers, musical performers, guest speakers and video tributes,” and up to an estimated 500,000 attendees, according to the permit application.

The D.C. location for March For Our Lives rally is just one of many big and small events planned in cities across the nation on the same day.

For the conservatives, the gun nuts, and Republican politicians sworn to serve the NRA, be afraid, be very afraid. And keep trying to silence this protest by these young voters. Their anger is not going away, and their numbers are growing. How many millions in 2018? And how many millions more in 2020? Yes, be afraid, be very, very afraid. (And keep pi$$ing them off. It can only help their cause.)

As always, thoughtful comments are welcome. Unfortunately, the conservatives remain either unaware or will deny their individual response to this thread is their typical nonsense consisting of denial, alternate facts, and/or off-topic silliness. (e.g. non-sequiturs, ratings, transference, deflection, memes, etc.). Their mindless prattle is expected by people of reason, who also realize it is a waste of time to offer the conservatives any reply.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/organizers-plan-for-500000-attendees-at-march-for-our-lives-rally-in-washington/2018/02/22/a9ff1992-17f9-11e8-8ac5-84161111ace0_story.html?utm_term=.353cdd5cb3f1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/march-for-our-lives-gun-control-rally-bumped-from-mall-by-talent-show/2018/03/01/ad8c7268-1cc6-11e8-9496-c89dc446c2d3_story.html?utm_term=.66b0cab356d5

COROLLARY

WILL GUN OWNERS AND THOSE FREEDOM LOVING INDIVIDUALS ALLOW THEMSELVES TO BE DISARM?

>

View attachment 180910
You keep your gun free zones, dead kids/people are your trophies to show for them.
Rural areas have better preventive ideas...
South Dakota Attorney General
You quickly hop on the warm bodies and politicize the tragedies.
There is no reason under the sun where any citizen should own AR-15's. None whatever.
Plus the 2nd amendment doesn't give you the right to own one either.
Every solution you idiots come up with is endorsed by the terrorist organization, the NRA because it improves their profit margins.
You're part of the problem not even close to the solution.
The #ENOUGH movement has legs. They're here to stay.

1) It wasn't the conservatives who practically trampled each other to get in front of the cameras and start screaming demands before the shooter's name was even known, and before the coroner even had a chance to zip up the body bags, Chuckles, so don't tell US about "hopping on warm bodies and politicizing".

2) There are the exact same reasons to own an AR15 as there are for any other gun. The fact that you think it looks and sounds scary means absolutely nothing.

3) Unless the 2nd Amendment suddenly developed an "emanation from the penumbras" in the last five minutes and now reads, "keep and bear arms, except for AR15s", it does, in fact, give us the right to own one.

4) If your negotiating position is "You can only offer options the NRA doesn't like", then you might as well go home and come back to the table when you're serious.

5) The fact that stupid, pointless shit never dies and continues to shamble around like a particularly brain-damaged zombie doesn't obligate anyone to take it seriously.

"Arms" include the weapons of war. Today's arms, notwithstanding Scalia's excessive defense in Heller, have an ability far beyond the imagination of those who signed off on the Bill of Rights. We've seen how effective an AR15 is in killing and maiming, common sense suggests such a weapon in the hands of untrained civilians of any age, is a foolish policy.
Bullshit. An animal killed by one would be torn apart and worthless to eat.

Not necessarily true. It really depends on how you have the gun configured. (Any of you hunting and/or gun enthusiasts, help me out if I say wrong here, because my info is secondhand from friends who hunt.) The AR15 is popular with many people because it is designed to have customizable options, according to what the owner is going to do. Yes, I know, that's a phrase that scares the pee out of leftists. Relax.

I have friends who hunt wild pigs, and elk, and rabbits, and any number of things. They like the AR15 because the accessories can be modified to accommodate all of the above. Plus, they tell me that it's very handy for situations that require more than one shot, such as running into a pack of pigs, or when shooting at something that moves as fast as a rabbit. If I recall correctly, it is not limited to one type of ammunition, so how much damage you do depends on what you use.

Rustic, post #522

More frivolous gun control laws will be just like prohibition, worthless

View attachment 180910 You quickly hop on the warm bodies and politicize the tragedies.
There is no reason under the sun where any citizen should own AR-15's. None whatever.
Plus the 2nd amendment doesn't give you the right to own one either.
Every solution you idiots come up with is endorsed by the terrorist organization, the NRA because it improves their profit margins.
You're part of the problem not even close to the solution.
The #ENOUGH movement has legs. They're here to stay.

1) It wasn't the conservatives who practically trampled each other to get in front of the cameras and start screaming demands before the shooter's name was even known, and before the coroner even had a chance to zip up the body bags, Chuckles, so don't tell US about "hopping on warm bodies and politicizing".

2) There are the exact same reasons to own an AR15 as there are for any other gun. The fact that you think it looks and sounds scary means absolutely nothing.

3) Unless the 2nd Amendment suddenly developed an "emanation from the penumbras" in the last five minutes and now reads, "keep and bear arms, except for AR15s", it does, in fact, give us the right to own one.

4) If your negotiating position is "You can only offer options the NRA doesn't like", then you might as well go home and come back to the table when you're serious.

5) The fact that stupid, pointless shit never dies and continues to shamble around like a particularly brain-damaged zombie doesn't obligate anyone to take it seriously.

"Arms" include the weapons of war. Today's arms, notwithstanding Scalia's excessive defense in Heller, have an ability far beyond the imagination of those who signed off on the Bill of Rights. We've seen how effective an AR15 is in killing and maiming, common sense suggests such a weapon in the hands of untrained civilians of any age, is a foolish policy.

Right. And the number one choice of nut case killers in mass shootings. Hundreds of adults and KIDS killed every year by nut cases with assault rifles.
But as a sporting rifle, it is a bust. Shooting refrigerators and buicks in dumps is their main purpose, And shooting inedible rodents sitting on rocks, or dirt piles. Problem is, those like you who are parroting the drivel of the NRA simply like shooting refrigerators more than saving the lives of people from nut cases who, like yourself, believe that they should have an assault rifle. And a few hundred people including kids is worth their being able to put holes in garbage.

How many people are killed in Chicago every year and what is the dominantly used weapon?

Beats me. It is not the subject we were discussing, me poor stupid con tool. I know you are dumb, but even you should be able to keep your mind on the subject at hand. Which, me girl, is MASS KILLINGS. Shootings in Chicago are a different issue, and could as easily have occurred using revolvers, dipshit. I do hope that some ignorant clowns like yourself are able to break away from mouthing NRA talking points, and trying to actually think. But obviously it is too much for you.

Right. And the number one choice of nut case killers in mass shootings. Hundreds of adults and KIDS killed every year by nut cases with assault rifles.
But as a sporting rifle, it is a bust. Shooting refrigerators and buicks in dumps is their main purpose, And shooting inedible rodents sitting on rocks, or dirt piles. Problem is, those like you who are parroting the drivel of the NRA simply like shooting refrigerators more than saving the lives of people from nut cases who, like yourself, believe that they should have an assault rifle. And a few hundred people including kids is worth their being able to put holes in garbage.

How many people are killed in Chicago every year and what is the dominantly used weapon?

Beats me. It is not the subject we were discussing, me poor stupid con tool. I know you are dumb, but even you should be able to keep your mind on the subject at hand. Which, me girl, is MASS KILLINGS. Shootings in Chicago are a different issue, and could as easily have occurred using revolvers, dipshit. I do hope that some ignorant clowns like yourself are able to break away from mouthing NRA talking points, and trying to actually think. But obviously it is too much for you.

Your lack of interest to learn anything at all is very telling.

Here's another one: in the past 35 years, how many people age 18-20 used an assault rifle in a mass shooting?

As I doubt you have the capacity to find this in a search, here's the answer: FIVE. Five times something happened over a 35 year period, and you blithering loons are willing to destroy the Constitution over it.

Rustic, post #522

More frivolous gun control laws will be just like prohibition, worthless

Yeah, gun control will never work. Like in every other advanced nation in the world, all of whom ban the sale of assault rifles, and who have not stopped the mass killings, right me ignorant troll. Except, of course, none have the number of mass killings as we do in the US. Not even 10 percent as many as we do. So, it must be that their efforts to stop mass killings just happened. Banning assault rifles made no difference, eh me poor ignorant con troll.
Tell me about Australia. No mass shootings since they stopped the ownership of assault rifles, in 1996. Is it just plain good luck, and nothing to do with gun control?

Does being as stupid as you are hurt?

Uh, thanks again for proving you are an idiot. The issue here is mass killings. If you want to discuss the shootings in Chicago, GO START A THREAD ABOUT THE ISSUE, DIPSHIT. I THINK, HOWEVER, THAT WE CAN ASSUME THAT YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING ANYTHING AT ALL.

Here's another one: in the past 35 years, how many people age 18-20 used an assault rifle in a mass shooting?

As I doubt you have the capacity to find this in a search, here's the answer: FIVE. Five times something happened over a 35 year period, and you blithering loons are willing to destroy the Constitution over it.
REALLY, ME CON TROLL. YOU JUST SUGGESTED THAT CHANGING THE AGE TO BUY A GUN FROM 18 TO 21 WILL DO LITTLE TO STOP MURDERS. I WOULD AGREE, ME STUPID CON. NOTHING NEW THERE. DID YOU HAVE A POINT, OR DO YOU JUST LOVE POSTING CON AND NRA TALKING POINTS? IT IS POLITICIANS WHO ARE PUSHING THE IDEA OF CHANGING THE AGE TO BUY GUNS TO 21. I KNOW THAT THE NRA HATES THE IDEA, AND THEREFOR SO DO YOU. SURPRISE.
HAVE YOU ALWAYS BEEN THIS STUPID, OR HAVE YOU JUST BEEN WORKING ON IT LATELY. AND THOUGH I THINK CHANGING THE AGE BY 3 YEARS IS A WORTHLESS IDEA, WHERE YOU GET THE IDEA THAT IF THEY DID IT WOULD "DESTROY THE CONSTITUTION PROVES THAT YOU ARE BRAIN DEAD. DID THOSE SUPPORTING REQUIRING BUYERS OF ALCOHOL TO BE 21 ALSO DESTROY THE CONSTITUTION? JESUS, YOU ARE A CLOWN. REALLY, DOES BEING THAT STUPID HURT???

Typing all in caps and boldface doesn't make your silly nonsense turn into something reasoned and convincing, cupcake.

Last edited:

Uh, thanks again for proving you are an idiot. The issue here is mass killings. If you want to discuss the shootings in Chicago, GO START A THREAD ABOUT THE ISSUE, DIPSHIT. I THINK, HOWEVER, THAT WE CAN ASSUME THAT YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING ANYTHING AT ALL.

REALLY, ME CON TROLL. YOU JUST SUGGESTED THAT CHANGING THE AGE TO BUY A GUN FROM 18 TO 21 WILL DO LITTLE TO STOP MURDERS. I WOULD AGREE, ME STUPID CON. NOTHING NEW THERE. DID YOU HAVE A POINT, OR DO YOU JUST LOVE POSTING CON AND NRA TALKING POINTS? IT IS POLITICIANS WHO ARE PUSHING THE IDEA OF CHANGING THE AGE TO BUY GUNS TO 21. I KNOW THAT THE NRA HATES THE IDEA, AND THEREFOR SO DO YOU. SURPRISE.
HAVE YOU ALWAYS BEEN THIS STUPID, OR HAVE YOU JUST BEEN WORKING ON IT LATELY. AND THOUGH I THINK CHANGING THE AGE BY 3 YEARS IS A WORTHLESS IDEA, WHERE YOU GET THE IDEA THAT IF THEY DID IT WOULD "DESTROY THE CONSTITUTION PROVES THAT YOU ARE BRAIN DEAD. DID THOSE SUPPORTING REQUIRING BUYERS OF ALCOHOL TO BE 21 ALSO DESTROY THE CONSTITUTION? JESUS, YOU ARE A CLOWN. REALLY, DOES BEING THAT STUPID HURT???

Typing all in caps and boldface doesn't make your silly nonsense turn into something reasoned and convincing, cupcake.[/QUOTE]

I never post nonsense, That you are incapable of understanding anything except NRA drivel, or conservative talking points, is your problem. I had just hoped that caps would help you concentrate. Obviously, it did not work. Again, have you always been this stupid? I have seen Jr. High papers showing way more intelligence than you.

Typing all in caps and boldface doesn't make your silly nonsense turn into something reasoned and convincing, cupcake.

I never post nonsense, That you are incapable of understanding anything except NRA drivel, or conservative talking points, is your problem. I had just hoped that caps would help you concentrate. Obviously, it did not work. Again, have you always been this stupid? I have seen Jr. High papers showing way more intelligence than you.

To quote the occasionally and sporadically lamented TMN:

You are a LAIR!

You are a LAIR!

Nope. I never, ever lie. I leave that to those with no integrity. Like you.

You are a LAIR!

*sigh* . ^^^ Yet another lie ^^^

When oh when will this madness cease?

You are a LAIR!

*sigh* . ^^^ Yet another lie ^^^

When oh when will this madness cease?

If it makes you feel any better, he's lying to himself, not us.

You are Pathetic,if you knew anything about anything you Idiot you would know that the Phillipines are having a civil war in parts of that country and have been for about 5 years,...I NOTE YOU SILENCE ON THE American Violence on my post,of course you did ....your generation are past your use by date.....Time for the Youth of America to take over......AUSTRALIA THE LEAST GUN DEATHS IN THE WORLD....FACT......WINNERS ALL THE WAY.....NOW SOD OFF and take all your shit and shitty possee with you

And as a FOOTNOTE....MARKLE WHY WOULD YOU THINK YOUR DREADFUL STATISTICS are FUNNY.....there is some thing Mental about you and others You need HELP
You are so cute when you are whatever this is.
You have LOST THIS ARGUEMENT,maybe because you Brain is 2/3's under polar ice water
You must not have been loved enough as a child.
I have to Laugh,how come YOU ended up like you are
Education.

You are kinda boring dude. Like a 1 trick hate pony.
Well you'd know MORON

Your first attempted point is obvious....except for the sense of security being false.

Your second attempted point is obviously bullshit. Knives, bats, and chainsaws are substantially easier to buy than firearms.

Your third attempted point is highly speculative and ignores that fact that all those weapons must be used in close proximity to the intended victims. Many others will run away. Some brave souls might attack the weapon wielder with school desks, chairs, coat racks, books...anything that can be thrown his way...then pile on and hold his ass to the floor until the man with the gun arrives.

The only advantage the knife and bat have over the chain saw is lack of significant noise other than screaming of the targets.

Three strikes...you're out!

Forum List

Back