Can Yahweh always do what he wills, or can people thwart him?

I am a Gnostic Christian.
I was referring to the Christian myth of Yahweh and Jesus. The bible.

Regards
DL

Gnosticism is a collection of ancient religious ideas and systems which originated in the first century AD among early Christian and Jewish sects. These various groups emphasized personal spiritual knowledge over orthodox teachings, traditions, and ecclesiastical authority. Wikipedia

myth of Yahweh.
In my view---
There is a high probability that there is a higher intelligence out there among the stars.
Whether you believe in God or not is a personal choice. I believe He exists, you do not.

myth of Jesus.
The person named Jesus existed. The Old Testament was already in print during his life and those biblical verses is what he spoke about during his life time. I believe this, you don’t

myth of the bible.
The bible is no myth. It is a collection of books written thousands of years ago by different people at different times. The Jewish people could learn a lot about themselves and their connection with God by following His commandments.

Lets agree to disagree and move on :)-

Regards
DL

Gnosticism is a collection of ancient religious ideas and systems which originated in the first century AD among early Christian and Jewish sects. These various groups emphasized personal spiritual knowledge over orthodox teachings, traditions, and ecclesiastical authority. Wikipedia

myth of Yahweh.
In my view---
There is a high probability that there is a higher intelligence out there among the stars.
Whether you believe in God or not is a personal choice. I believe He exists, you do not.

myth of Jesus.
The person named Jesus existed. The Old Testament was already in print during his life and those biblical verses is what he spoke about during his life time. I believe this, you don’t

myth of the bible.
The bible is no myth. It is a collection of books written thousands of years ago by different people at different times. The Jewish people could learn a lot about themselves and their connection with God by following His commandments.

Tell us what Yeshu said that's not already in Tanach.
Any answer you provide will prove that don't know Tanach.

Regards
DL

myth of Yahweh.
In my view---

myth of Jesus.

myth of the bible.

I'll try. The thing about the other cheek and love of your enemies.

Thanks...The NT ripped everything off of Tanach, so why would I need to read in it the Fake Copycat.
Just passing through and noticed your post
What-in-the hell are you talking about-?

Last but not least, Are you by any chance—Groucho Marx ?

Groucho marw.jpg

Just curious, no pun intended
Ok, your real name is Julius Henry
& i see a lot of fake there. The least you could have done is light the cigar

You were a great laugh then & still today I'm laughing
once again

fu.gif

just kidding
fu.gif
:)-

Last edited:

Regards
DL

myth of Yahweh.
In my view---

myth of Jesus.

myth of the bible.

Excellent...Define "enemies".
A foreign force is definitely what in English is an enemy.

The Torah has no such concept as an enemy within your fellow people.
In fact, the Torah refers to all people within your community as Chiborim, "those to whom you cling".
We are commanded to help someone we cannot tolerate with their burdens, an example of which in the Torah is helping them unload and load burdens upon their donkey.

I know, I know, the NT commanded you to skip over that verse because it proves that Jews aren't hateful, spiteful shitheads.

Thanks...The NT ripped everything off of Tanach, so why would I need to read in it the Fake Copycat.
Just passing through and noticed your post
What-in-the hell are you talking about-?

Last but not least, Are you by any chance—Groucho Marx ?

View attachment 331711

Just curious, no pun intended
Ok, your real name is Julius Henry
& i see a lot of fake there. The least you could have done is light the cigar

You were a great laugh then & still today I'm laughing
once again

View attachment 331712
just kidding
View attachment 331712
When's the last time you started reading Tanach from Genesis 1:1 through all the prophets and Writings?
I bet never.

Regards
DL

myth of Yahweh.
In my view---

myth of Jesus.

myth of the bible.

In fact, the Torah refers to all people within your community as Chiborim, "those to whom you cling".
We are commanded to help someone we cannot tolerate with their burdens, an example of which in the Torah is helping them unload and load burdens upon their donkey.

I know, I know, the NT commanded you to skip over that verse because it proves that Jews aren't hateful, spiteful shitheads.
Why is it important to define 'enemy'? One can consider his colleague as enemy because he spreads hearsay; another one considers as enemy that guy who bullied his in school; someone else considers his neighbor as enemy because he has some other ethnicity.

It doesn't matter what one describes as enemy. Do you have one? (Whatever it means for you). Love him.

Regards
DL

myth of Yahweh.
In my view---

myth of Jesus.

myth of the bible.

Why is it important to define 'enemy'? One can consider his colleague as enemy because he spreads hearsay; another one considers as enemy that guy who bullied his in school; someone else considers his neighbor as enemy because he has some other ethnicity.

It doesn't matter what one describes as enemy. Do you have one? (Whatever it means for you). Love him.
And that is the difference between how Hashem sees humans and how Paul of Tarsis saw humans.
There is always a path towards redeeming someone.
The funny thing is these issues are addressed head on in the Book of Numbers after The Children of Israel walk through the Sea.
But your Priest told you not to read these verses because Jews Bad.
It's a shame how much you don't already know because it will never be brought up in Church.

Regards
DL

myth of Yahweh.
In my view---

myth of Jesus.

myth of the bible.

And that is the difference between how Hashem sees humans and how Paul of Tarsis saw humans.
The funny thing is these issues are addressed head on in the Book of Numbers after The Children of Israel walk through the Sea.
It's a shame how much you don't already know because it will never be brought up in Church.
Oh come on, dude, I am sure you are better than that. I don't consider myself a Christian, don't go to church and obviously don't have a pastor.

And know what? You won't believe, but I read the Numbers now. I finished at the chapter 30. Before I read Genesis, Exodus and Leviticus.

Yeah, you can imagine what mess is in my head know. To say nothing that I have got way more quesions now than answers.

Regards
DL

myth of Yahweh.
In my view---

myth of Jesus.

myth of the bible.

Oh come on, dude, I am sure you are better than that. I don't consider myself a Christian, don't go to church and obviously don't have a pastor.

And know what? You won't believe, but I read the Numbers now. I finished at the chapter 30. Before I read Genesis, Exodus and Leviticus.

Yeah, you can imagine what mess is in my head know. To say nothing that I have got way more quesions now than answers.

Regards
DL

myth of Yahweh.
In my view---

myth of Jesus.

myth of the bible.

I believe you read it...it's very dry.
Read it again and think about the ramifications of of what God expects from The Children of Israel.
I am lucky in that I can read it in Hebrew and have spent decades reading the commentaries and having debates with classmates and neighbors.
I also find that I have a completely different perspective of each and every verse as I age and see more of the world for what it is.
I'm almost 61 and the difference between what I perceive in the verses and the context is way beyond even 2 or 3 years ago.

D
Newtonian
I have a question. Can God create a perfect world if he decides to do so?

Define "perfect."

In Scripture, perfect means complete for the purpose it was created.

God is love (1 John 4:8) - and he purposed for us to love Him and each other. However, the quality of love we were created with was part of being in 'God's image" (Genesis 1:26) which involves free will.

Jehovah wanted us to love Him (Matthew 22:37-40). But this type of love involves free will. Jehovah took a risk in creating Adam and Eve with the capacity to love as He loves. Of course, Jehovah could have created robots programmed to show love to Him - however Jehovah could not do this because He is love which involves free will. Put simply, Jehovah did not want his creations to love him automatically or by program - he wanted us to have a choice. Was it worth the risk?

To illustrate: Would you want someone to love you without choice? For example, when you look for someone to love and show love you hope they will love you back. It may be that a number of those do not choose to love you back, or love you less than you love them. But when you find someone that chooses to love you back - wasn't it worth the risk? Jehovah has found people who truly love him back - by choice, because they want to - not because they were programmed to,
Define perfect? What for? It will be my subjective meaning of perfect.

Lets imagine. Once upon a time, God decided to create a perfect world. Whatever it means in his 'imagination'. Is he capable to do so?
I meant what the Bible is referring to as "perfect."

Newtonian
I have a question. Can God create a perfect world if he decides to do so?

Look around.

This is the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world.

Heaven is a good analogy.

This is irrefutable.

Regards
DL
Damn it! Why are you all referring to our world? I didn't mean our world, I consider our world to be an excellent place.

Forget about our world, forget about what you personally think to be perfect. There is nothing. And now God decides to create a perfect world. 'Perfect' in his 'imagination' and no one can actually describe what this means. But he wants it to be 'perfect', what he decides it to be.

Now, a question. Is God capable to create such a world?

If you think that God owns such feature as omniscience, then don't bother to answer the question. My question was aimed at a particular poster.
No, God is not omniscient as Genesis 6:6 reveals.

And God will soon destroy those ruining the earth as foretold in Revelation 11:18 - after that the earth will be populated by a perfect world.

Btw - what definition of "world" are you referring to?

1 John 2:15-17
Do not love either the world or the things in the world.+ If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him;+ 16 because everything in the world—the desire of the flesh+ and the desire of the eyes+ and the showy display of one’s means of life*—does not originate with the Father, but originates with the world. 17 Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire,+ but the one who does the will of God remains forever.+

Regards
DL

myth of Yahweh.
In my view---

myth of Jesus.

myth of the bible.

I believe you read it...it's very dry.
Read it again and think about the ramifications of of what God expects from The Children of Israel.
I am lucky in that I can read it in Hebrew and have spent decades reading the commentaries and having debates with classmates and neighbors.
I also find that I have a completely different perspective of each and every verse as I age and see more of the world for what it is.
I'm almost 61 and the difference between what I perceive in the verses and the context is way beyond even 2 or 3 years ago.
Ok, but it would be more fair if you specified the verses you were referring to. Wouldnt it?

Ask a

Regards
DL

myth of Yahweh.
In my view---

myth of Jesus.

myth of the bible.

Ask away Esay - I love researching the answers to Bible questions!

I will start by noting that Jesus referred to Deuteronomy 6:4,5 as the greatest commandment in the Bible - to love Jehovah will all our heart, mind, soul and strength. And the second greatest commandment according to Jesus is from Leviticus 19:18 - to love our neighbor/fellow man.

See Mark 12:28-34; Matthew 22:37-40.

Mark 12:28-34
One of the scribes who had come up and heard them disputing, knowing that he had answered them in a fine way, asked him: “Which commandment is first* of all?”+ 29 Jesus answered: “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah, 30 and you must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind and with your whole strength.’+ 31 The second is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’+ There is no other commandment greater than these.” 32 The scribe said to him: “Teacher, you spoke well, in line with truth, ‘He is One, and there is no other besides him’;+ 33 and to love him with one’s whole heart, with one’s whole understanding, and with one’s whole strength and to love one’s neighbor as oneself is worth far more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.”+ 34 At this Jesus, discerning that he had answered intelligently, said to him: “You are not far from the Kingdom of God.” But no one had the courage to question him anymore.+

And God will soon destroy those ruining the earth as foretold in Revelation 11:18 - after that the earth will be populated by a perfect world.
Foretold? By whom? If there is no one who knows the future for sure, then what is the use of prophets and prophecies? God doesnt know the future and can be mistaken.

You are so right about Jews in general; but Israeli’s are a different bread all together.

Israeli’s are cold blooded child murderers who will get what they sow; hopefully sooner rather than later.

BOMB.jpg

Of course I don't mean that, Palestinians would get the fallout

Last edited:

Forum List

Back