Canada’s health care system

The second step up isn't a full picture, there is a government agency that tells them what to do. :eusa_whistle:

No, their is a Big Pharma lobbyist that tells the Congress what to do.

Are you really this dumb?

:lol: Someone as clueless as you calling me dumb ... that's rich.

Even from that angle, who has the power? Who is at fault? Congress doesn't have to crooked.

The people who vote for Republicans and Blue Dog Democrats are to blame.

And the people who are now opposing Obama's reform plan.

Even from that angle, who has the power? Who is at fault? Congress doesn't have to crooked.

Okay, that's just too damned funny, so people who oppose the plan of those who created the problem (Democrats) are to blame! You like forcing people into corners ... :lol:

So, you admit that regulation is the problem yet you think that more regulation will fix it?

I can keep this up all day just off that one comment. Here's a clue for you, take off the blinders for once in your robotic life.

If canadian health care service so good why do all the rich sick Canadians come here? even when their healthcare is free

All the rich sick Canadians don't come to America. Where do you get your information?

In the most recent study of cross-border medical treatments, 0.8% of Canadians come across the border to the US, and the costs are usually covered by the provincial health insurance systems.
So, by your numbers, 240 THOUSAND PEOPLE leave Canada for on-demand medical services in America....Out of a population of 30 million.

That's some kind of "universal" coverage. :rolleyes:

Time to remove Obama's dick from your throat.

He tries to have his own opinion but then Obama's dick goes farther up his ass and he capitulates.

If canadian health care service so good why do all the rich sick Canadians come here? even when their healthcare is free

All the rich sick Canadians don't come to America. Where do you get your information?

In the most recent study of cross-border medical treatments, 0.8% of Canadians come across the border to the US, and the costs are usually covered by the provincial health insurance systems.
So, by your numbers, 240 THOUSAND PEOPLE leave Canada for on-demand medical services in America....Out of a population of 30 million.

In 2007, an estimated 750,000 Americans traveled abroad for medical care. As depicted in Figures 2 and 3, this number is estimated to increase to six million by 2010.

The impact of dramatically rising U.S. health care costs is felt in every household and by every company. Even consumers with employer sponsored health insurance are increasingly considering outbound medical tourism as a viable care option: As their plan deductibles increase, many of the services available in outbound settings may be purchased under the deductible limit, thus conserving their Health Savings Account (HSA) balance.

Medical care in countries such as India, Thailand and Singapore can cost as little as 10 percent of the cost of comparable care in the United States. The price is remarkably lower for a variety of services, and often includes airfare and a stay in a resort hotel. Thanks, in part, to these low-cost care alternatives which almost resemble a mini-vacation, interest in medical tourism is strong and positive.
--------
In 2008, more than 400,000 [median estimate] non-U.S. residents will seek care in the United States and spend almost $5 billion for health services.

http://www.deloitte.com/dtt/cda/doc/content/us_chs_MedicalTourismStudy(1).pdf

Actually, it is 0.8% of those receiving medical treatment, so the answer is smaller.

What is the percentage who are not able to receive the appropriate treatment in the US? I bet its higher than 0.8%.

What happens if you have cancer and cannot afford the treatments?

In 2007, an estimated 750,000 Americans traveled abroad for medical care. As depicted in Figures 2 and 3, this number is estimated to increase to six million by 2010.

The impact of dramatically rising U.S. health care costs is felt in every household and by every company. Even consumers with employer sponsored health insurance are increasingly considering outbound medical tourism as a viable care option: As their plan deductibles increase, many of the services available in outbound settings may be purchased under the deductible limit, thus conserving their Health Savings Account (HSA) balance.

Medical care in countries such as India, Thailand and Singapore can cost as little as 10 percent of the cost of comparable care in the United States. The price is remarkably lower for a variety of services, and often includes airfare and a stay in a resort hotel. Thanks, in part, to these low-cost care alternatives which almost resemble a mini-vacation, interest in medical tourism is strong and positive.
--------
In 2008, more than 400,000 [median estimate] non-U.S. residents will seek care in the United States and spend almost $5 billion for health services.

A lot of those are simply for procedures the FDA won't allow in the US, but don't let that slow you down. ;)

--------

A lot of those are simply for procedures the FDA won't allow in the US, but don't let that slow you down. ;)
Perhaps you should read the link before you post ;)

--------

750,000 out of a population of 300 million works out against 240,000 from a nation of 30 million favorably in what way?

Last edited:

--------

Perhaps you should read the link before you post ;)

It's a PDF, I only read those if I have to. :cool:

Actually, it is 0.8% of those receiving medical treatment, so the answer is smaller.

What is the percentage who are not able to receive the appropriate treatment in the US? I bet its higher than 0.8%.

I have recent personal experience in this area, pal.

My friend got the best care that she could get, despite her lack of insurance.

You really oughtta consider the possibility that someone with real-life experience might run into your collectivist talking point.

You really oughtta consider the possibility that someone with real-life experience might run into your collectivist talking point.

The real life experience of a person with cancer who can't work to pay for insurance premiums?

You are the one with no real life experience.

More often than not, those with no or inadequate coverage aren't diagnosed until late stages, when a remission or cure is unlikely. And those with insurance aren't necessarily better off.

Recently had a relatively young man (late 40's) diagnosed with a rare form of lymphoma. It was aggressively treated and dear God, the treatments tore him up. He was in the hospital repeatedly and for extended stays, getting his chemo and then recovering from the complications of treatment. He came close to dying many times. He'd worked hard all his life, had saved up and had his own home. He took FMLA leave to protect his job while he was going through all of this. In a way, he was lucky to have been diagnosed at the end of last year, so he was able to piggyback 2 leaves extending into early spring of this year.

In any case, the treatments worked. He was in remission, and there was no sign of residual disease. Not long before his last discharge and ONE fucking day after his FMLA leave for this year was used up, his boss notified him he was fired. He had used up all his savings. He no longer had health insurance, nor was he eligible for another policy. The last time I saw him his home was being foreclosed. He had lost everything he'd worked for all those years... savings, home, retirement. He was devastated and lashed out at those who dared to tell him he was fortunate to have survived. "For what???"

This isn't uncommon. I've seen it happen time and again. It's a goddamned fucking shame that in a country as rich as this people are going without adequate healthcare, and losing everything because they happen to get sick. It's bullshit.

The real life experience of a person with cancer who can't work to pay for insurance premiums?

It could turn out to be you since you're too much of a fucking irresponsible shitstain to get your own Goddamned insurance, you fucking leech, you.

What the hell are you babbling about now? I bet you I can blow holes in your point here if you post it. :eusa_whistle:

--------

750,000 out of a population of 300 million works out against 240,000 from a nation of 30 million favorably in what way?

I think he clarified that number for you... 0.8% of those receiving medical treatment.

Forum List

Back