Cancel Student Debt

But, I will wait for you to give the first $50,000.00 to that child to empower him.

It really is retarded when conservatives say things like this. You should know damn well if we dropped 1.5T on abolishing student loan debt it wouldn't impact your life.

So what you're saying is gawd forbid we hold people to their contracts, which is the basis of all business.

Maybe the grownups in the room should have prevented predators from brainwashing children and rushing them into severe debt before they even got started. It doesn't matter now though. The student loan situation and the cost of college in general is holding back young people a lot. Something needs to be done.

I don't know why. Talked to any college pukes lately?

They're learning shit.

God forbid we put young people ahead for the good of the nation. It wouldn't be fair! I didn't get that so FUCK THEM! Right? You're a real patriot.

Q. Who is responsible for a person's education? Who benefits from an education?

A. The student.

Empowering young people is good for the nation and even humanity. It's what will keep us ahead of other nations. It's fine that y'all are selfish, but I would like to reiterate that none of you that wouldn't proudly give some of what you have earned in your life to help young people get ahead should call yourselves nationalists.

We don't need a nation full of kids who think everything should be "free'' and handed to them on a silver platter. We're not going to help create a welfare nation. Nothing in this world is free.

But, I will wait for you to give the first $50,000.00 to that child to empower him.

It really is retarded when conservatives say things like this. You should know damn well if we dropped 1.5T on abolishing student loan debt it wouldn't impact your life.
So.....you don't want to give $50,000.00 to empower a child? The debt doesn't disappear, just the strength of the dollar.
Typical liberal, sad.

We don't need a nation full of kids who think everything should be "free'' and handed to them on a silver platter. We're not going to help create a welfare nation. Nothing in this world is free.

You don't think the elimination of student loan debt would be a boon to young people and therefor the nation?

God forbid we put young people ahead for the good of the nation. It wouldn't be fair! I didn't get that so FUCK THEM! Right? You're a real patriot.

Perhaps they should have worked their way through school like millions of Americans did. No one forced them to take loans, that was conscious choice. The old saying "don't do the dance if you can't pay the piper" comes to mind.

You don't think the elimination of student loan debt would be a boon to young people and therefor the nation?

It would produce a generation of participation trophy winners.

Perhaps they should have worked their way through school like millions of Americans did. No one forced them to take loans, that was conscious choice. The old saying "don't do the dance if you can't pay the piper" comes to mind.

Maybe if we can make it easier for young people we should, so they don't have to struggle as much as we did.

EDIT: Also young people today in general are struggling a lot more than the previous generations. It's harder for them than it was for you.

No.

Klobuchar was right to challenge Sanders - that this would never pass - people hate the rich and don’t want to give them free anything. Free college for the rich won’t pass.

Did you hear about the scandal where millionaires are signing custody of their teens away to others so their teens can put a lower income down when they apply and receive huge federal grants to go to college?

And the worst part? Its legal!

Maybe if we can make it easier for young people we should, so they don't have to struggle as much as we did.

EDIT: Also young people today in general are struggling a lot more than the previous generations. It's harder for them than it was for you.
Since I was born during the Great Depression I can disagree with you.

Bullshit, the fucking cream puffs of today need to learn nothing worthwhile comes easily. It takes hard work and sacrifice, people not willing to do the work or make the sacrifice don't deserve anything handed to them. I have three nephews, all did the work and all have it much better than I or their dad at their age. You don't get the trophy just for showing up in real life.

It's absurd to suggest easier access to a college education and the elimination of debilitating debt would not benefit young people.

It's absurd to suggest easier access to a college education and the elimination of debilitating debt would not benefit young people.

It will, but they need to work for it. Millions of Americans have debt, are you going to forgive it all? Before you sign the contract you have to look at the down side, it's always there. Mature people recognize it.

Why not just pass a law cancelling all debt? I mean, why should I pay my mortgage? Why should I pay for my car? Why should I pay for my air conditioner?

Sanders just said it again. Does he realize how stupid and unfair it is for those who paid their debt fairly and those who never took on debt or decided to bypass college for another career. That dude is a complete moron.

Well this is all very easy. Just go into the backyard and pick the Magical Money to pay the debt off the Magical Money tree.

Forum List

Back