Cancel Student Debt

In what way?

Student loan debt coupled with high cost of living is preventing a lot of young adults from buying homes and investing in other important things. They are lagging behind previous generations. We are going backward, not forward. The alleviation of that debt would allow them a lot of opportunities they wouldn't have had until much later in life. I don't see a problem with it because I don't think that debt should have been necessary in the first place. There should be public options for college. Doing this would be a boon to young people. It would help us stay ahead of other nations.

WAY backwards. We are falling further behind other first world countries.

I blame the rich greedy PIGS who steal from all of us -

Another college admissions scandal? To get financial aid, parents lose custody of children

Typical liberal- borrow a bunch of money, whine that you can’t pay it back, and then make it everybody else’s debt.

Typical anti-nationalist conservative. Fail to recognize the potential for elevating the nation through the education and empowerment of young adults. It's ridiculous that we don't have public universities in 2019. Those debt holders should have had a public option. Stubborn ass people like you are why it will be China leading the way some day.

Fail to recognize the potential for elevating the nation through the education and empowerment of young adults.

Is the gender studies major, working as a barista, paying off $80,000 in student debt, what you had in mind for elevating the nation as an empowered, educated young adult?

I guess when you lack depth and substance all you have left is trolling.

Better than the economic idiocy of "canceling" $1.5 trillion in debt.

The problem with this entire idea is that it gives debtors the idea that they don't have to pay what they owe as the taxpayers will bail them out if they don't.

Further, it gives schools no motivation to rein in costs, as they can just raise tuition and the people will have no problem with the new price as the taxpayers will be picking up the tab in the end
Why is it okay to bail out Wall Street, and Auto Companies, and rich people who don't need it, but not our children???

Man folks have some fucked up priorities.

Didn’t the government pay out the money in the form of a student loan? If so, there was an expection they’d be repaid when the students lived up to their contractual obligations.

They can change the contract. I doubt that many people would say no if asked, "You can keep paying this loan for the next twenty years or we can write it off if you agree"

Free money?!

If Trump wants to ever see 5-6% GDP growth, then cancelling student debt would get him there.

LOL why not just print $1.5trn and pass it out to the masses?

I would rather we print $23T and pass it out to the creditors but we can start with your idea. I will take mine in fives and tens please.

I guess Bernie has your vote. Good luck.

Typical anti-nationalist conservative. Fail to recognize the potential for elevating the nation through the education and empowerment of young adults. It's ridiculous that we don't have public universities in 2019. Those debt holders should have had a public option. Stubborn ass people like you are why it will be China leading the way some day.

Fail to recognize the potential for elevating the nation through the education and empowerment of young adults.

Is the gender studies major, working as a barista, paying off $80,000 in student debt, what you had in mind for elevating the nation as an empowered, educated young adult?

The problem with this entire idea is that it gives debtors the idea that they don't have to pay what they owe as the taxpayers will bail them out if they don't.

Further, it gives schools no motivation to rein in costs, as they can just raise tuition and the people will have no problem with the new price as the taxpayers will be picking up the tab in the end
Why is it okay to bail out Wall Street, and Auto Companies, and rich people who don't need it, but not our children???

Wall St and auto companies paid their debt back.

Cancelling $1.5 TRILLION in Federal student loan debt means putting the county $1.5 TRILLION further in debt. Or am I missing something?
Oh the GOP don't even pretend to care about debt anymore. Haven't you heard?

Stick to the topic. I dont want this thread corrupted by your Leftist whining.
Because the topic of canceling student debt has no relation to the national debt? And I didn't bring it up.

Lordy.....

God forbid we put young people ahead for the good of the nation. It wouldn't be fair! I didn't get that so FUCK THEM! Right? You're a real patriot.

Nobody put a gun to their head and forced them to take on that debt. I owe $55k in student loans. I'm making the payments and don't expect anyone else to do it for me.

Cancelling $1.5 TRILLION in Federal student loan debt means putting the county $1.5 TRILLION further in debt. Or am I missing something?
Oh the GOP don't even pretend to care about debt anymore. Haven't you heard?

Stick to the topic. I dont want this thread corrupted by your Leftist whining.
Because the topic of canceling student debt has no relation to the national debt? And I didn't bring it up.

Lordy.....

It’s not the GOP. I am an Independent and I think Bernie is crazy to suggest that I should pay for someone else’s mistake. He will never get my vote. NEVER

The rich did not.

Trumps tax giveaway to the rich should have been used instead for student debt. Then the money would have been returned to the economy because those folks who had to borrow money for college generally don't spend it on stocks and tax shelters or stock buy backs for corporations. They spend it on food, clothes, cars, etc.

Why should I have to pay your college debt?

Why don't you pay your own damn bills?

God forbid we put young people ahead for the good of the nation. It wouldn't be fair! I didn't get that so FUCK THEM! Right? You're a real patriot.

Nobody put a gun to their head and forced them to take on that debt. I owe $55k in student loans. I'm making the payments and don't expect anyone else to do it for me.

My son just paid off his student loans and he's gonna be pissed.

Who said it was okay to bail out anyone?

The rich did not.

Trumps tax giveaway to the rich should have been used instead for student debt. Then the money would have been returned to the economy because those folks who had to borrow money for college generally don't spend it on stocks and tax shelters or stock buy backs for corporations. They spend it on food, clothes, cars, etc.
Define “the rich”

The rich did not.

There was no tax giveaway to the rich.

Our government. Did you miss it? It was big news at the time.

Our government. Did you miss it? It was big news at the time.

Are you talking about corporations? Post a link

The rich did not.

Define “the rich”
Not me.

I am not the right person to define rich. But I do know the richest people benefited the most by Trump's tax cuts

CHARTS: See How Much Of GOP Tax Cuts Will Go To The Middle Class

The rich did not.

Define “the rich”
Not me.

I am not the right person to define rich. But I do know the richest people benefited the most by Trump's tax cuts

So you made a statement that you don’t have the correct details about? OK

All Democrat voters are uninformed and all GOP voters are Martians. Let’s just throw random adjectives out there.

The rich did not.

Define “the rich”
Not me.

Tax cuts only help the wealthy, right? American paychecks show otherwise

The rich did not.

There was no tax giveaway to the rich.
No tax giveaway for the rich?

Well other than that massive multi-trillion dollar tax cut eh?

Forum List

Back