Cancel Student Debt

Because “cancelling” means the taxpayers pick up the tab. Debt doesn’t just disappear

It can just disappear. Tax payers already picked up the tab. There is no additional expenditures needed.

So the universities and debt holders just eat it? What about all those who already repaid their debt?

The government would. The government loaned that money in the past or else it wouldn't be "debt" and the money has already been raised and spent. Cancelling the debt is the easy part. It is providing free college going forward that would be more problematic.
Dude.....there is a contract....it's called an obligation. The trillion does not just appear....or just disappear.
It's debt taken on by the signer of the contract....not by America. WAKE UP TO REALITY!!!!!

Contract or not does not change that the government could just cancel the debt and it would not cost them anything. It is no different than absorbing the toxic mortgages.

Mortgages are not paid by the government. They are guaranteed in case of default. You really are stupid!

How is it easy? The Govt just eats it? That’s insane.

The government already ate it when they loaned the people the money. I am not sure why this is such a difficult concept for you to grasp. The government only had to come up with the money when they sent the checks out to begin with. They don't have to come up with a single dime to write-off the debt any more than a credit card company would if you stopped paying them because the money was already spent in the past.

So when the debt is repaid who gets it? The tooth fairy? If I borrowed money from a Bank, who pays the Bank back?

The government cannot cancel your bank loan. It can only cancel the debt you owe them.

Not what Sanders said.

I am not Mr. Sanders.

Apparently, he is a dumbass but still smarter than you!

It can just disappear. Tax payers already picked up the tab. There is no additional expenditures needed.

So the universities and debt holders just eat it? What about all those who already repaid their debt?

The government would. The government loaned that money in the past or else it wouldn't be "debt" and the money has already been raised and spent. Cancelling the debt is the easy part. It is providing free college going forward that would be more problematic.
Dude.....there is a contract....it's called an obligation. The trillion does not just appear....or just disappear.
It's debt taken on by the signer of the contract....not by America. WAKE UP TO REALITY!!!!!

Contract or not does not change that the government could just cancel the debt and it would not cost them anything. It is no different than absorbing the toxic mortgages.

Mortgages are not paid by the government. They are guaranteed in case of default. You really are stupid!

Only when real estate prices collapse does the government lose a lot of money on defaulted mortgages. They still get the collateral if the people don't pay.

Sanders just said it again. Does he realize how stupid and unfair it is for those who paid their debt fairly and those who never took on debt or decided to bypass college for another career. That dude is a complete moron.
Agree...but it doesn't matter.
Sanders is just employing tool # 23 in how to buy votes.

We don't need a nation full of kids who think everything should be "free'' and handed to them on a silver platter. We're not going to help create a welfare nation. Nothing in this world is free.

You don't think the elimination of student loan debt would be a boon to young people and therefor the nation?

Yeah, it would be a boon for them and completely undeserved. What about my taxes that will have to go up to pay for the loss of revenue from the repayment of those loans and the money to repay the banks for their investments? What about the rest of us?

We don't need a nation full of kids who think everything should be "free'' and handed to them on a silver platter. We're not going to help create a welfare nation. Nothing in this world is free.

You don't think the elimination of student loan debt would be a boon to young people and therefor the nation?

Yeah, it would be a boon for them and completely undeserved. What about my taxes that will have to go up to pay for the loss of revenue from the repayment of those loans and the money to repay the banks for their investments? What about the rest of us?

Young people will be the ones repaying that national debt, not you. Most of it was spent on shit that didn't benefit them at all. They should at least get something out of it in my opinion.

So what about the families and students that paid their tuition and debt? How is this jubilee equitable? I have employees that are paying off or have paid their student debt, so now they are the ones that pay again through taxes? Harvard, Stanford, Yale......all have endowments that could provide free tuition to all students and yet they don't, yet the very politicians like Warren that attended and taught at Harvard, Yale....all propose others should assume the financial burden of free college education, interesting!

Young people will be the ones repaying that national debt, not you. Most of it was spent on shit that didn't benefit them at all. They should at least get something out of it in my opinion.

They did... they probably bought 500 cheeseburgers, 50 video games and 14 kegs.

God forbid we put young people ahead for the good of the nation. It wouldn't be fair! I didn't get that so FUCK THEM! Right? You're a real patriot.

Still working a minimum wage job to pay off your gender studies loans?

I have never gone into debt in my life, and I could probably buy you out ten times over, clown. I don't advocate for this out of selfishness. I believe it would be good for the nation.

You are an idiot, as proven by your posts time and time again in this thread. You don't get it!

Sanders just said it again. Does he realize how stupid and unfair it is for those who paid their debt fairly and those who never took on debt or decided to bypass college for another career. That dude is a complete moron.
and you think he cares? he says stuff to say stuff. he's a fking pathetic human being.

How would you be wronged by not getting something you no longer need just because someone else got something they could benefit from?

Because “cancelling” means the taxpayers pick up the tab. Debt doesn’t just disappear

PLEASE tell us you don't believe that stupid shit....

How would you be wronged by not getting something you no longer need just because someone else got something they could benefit from?

PLEASE tell us you don't believe that stupid shit....

You just witnessed the cluelessnes of the leftist brain.

My youngest daughter is 25, and has received plenty for her benefit. She lives alone in a three bedroom house with her 2 dogs and a cat. For that, she deploys around the world doing her job with the US Army. BTW, she makes more than her mother or I do.

How much will my taxes go up to cover $1,5 trillion in student debt? You can't even begin to calculate it simply because you are a dumbass who does not understand the problem.

A great deal of those wanting the debt cleared are kids who did not graduate. And despite never really having any meaningful chance of graduating... got subsidized loans anyway so politicians could brag about how many students they are helping.
And now they hope to cancel the debt so they can brag about how awesome they are.

Only when real estate prices collapse does the government lose a lot of money on defaulted mortgages. They still get the collateral if the people don't pay.

Actually the bank or lender gets the collateral, the government only guarantees a portion of the mortgage. VA only guarantees 100K on a loan. In case of default, the lender takes the property, resells it and if they can't get the balance of the loan for the property, the government makes up the difference. I'm sure other government guarantees are similar.

I will support cancelling the student debt when GM and all my credit cards agree to cancel my debt because I can't afford the payments. NUFF said!

I want my 40 year ago tuition refunded as well as my mortgage payments from same time frame
I now realize they inflicted PTSD on me by holding me to my commitments and indebtness.

In what way?

Student loan debt coupled with high cost of living is preventing a lot of young adults from buying homes and investing in other important things. They are lagging behind previous generations. We are going backward, not forward. The alleviation of that debt would allow them a lot of opportunities they wouldn't have had until much later in life. I don't see a problem with it because I don't think that debt should have been necessary in the first place. There should be public options for college. Doing this would be a boon to young people. It would help us stay ahead of other nations.
This is nothing but whining.

Don't lend them the money if you don't expect them to pay it back.

They can get a lot further ahead in life by not going to college anyway.

Forum List

Back