Cant believe we didn’t make a Gordon Lightfoot tribute. RIP

The era of actual music where we knew who were playing the instruments.

I loved his song so much "If You Could Read My Mind" just because it felt like a song about myself. It sounds like my personality, my thinking patterns. I am described as very quiet wrapped up in deep thought all the time. Friends say I can be very secretive with my thoughts and I keep them bottled up inside and never let them know what I am truly thinking. I often have the feeling if they only knew me or could read my thoughts what a fantastic story they would tell, but I don't open up with my thoughts with my friends because often I feel these thoughts are just my separate secret world inside myself that only me and myself will ever know. Even my wife accuses me of being this very quiet mystery to her all the time, never revealing to her my darkest thoughts and secrets. I enjoy old time movies about ghosts and dark fortresses. Yes I often do feel like I am ghost to the most of the world that they can't see. Although online I tend to be more open...in the real world my thoughts, inner world, and inner me are sealed off like a secret locked in a safe for just myself to enjoy. Like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde you can say. Dr. Jekyll is who everyone see's... Mr Hyde is my inner demon that I seem to love so much and my night owl personality...the personality I become at midnight going to a strange town where no one knows me and I can't act out my dark inner self.

Gordon Lightfoot you will be missed.

Last edited:
Good thread…great singer…

He died again? How many times is that?
The prior emotionalism over his death didn’t suffice?

I mean. Sure. I liked his music too.

But are his tribute threads ever gonna end?

When I typed his name, I didn't see any other threads about Gordon Lightfoot

Forum List

Back