🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Carson: Confederate flag can fly on private property

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Carson: People can wave the Confederate Flag on private property - CNNPolitics.com

Ben Carson said Tuesday that he has no problem with people flying the Confederate flag -- as long as they do it on private property.

"As a general principle, people can do whatever they want on their private property -- that's one of the basic tenets of freedom in America," Carson said in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. "I am not opposed to anybody doing whatever they want to do on their private property."

I concur with Dr. Carson. What people do on their private property is their business. I don't care, nor do I need to care. Dr. Carson just had a lucid moment, I would say....

Discuss. What do you think?

I concur with Dr. Carson. What people do on their private property is their business. I don't care, nor do I need to care. Dr. Carson just had a lucid moment, I would say....

So if your next door neighbor decided to fly a Swastika Flag on his property, you'd be totally cool with that?

Why not. Hitler was a Progressive Founding Father

"Carson: People can wave the Confederate Flag on private property - CNNPolitics.com"
Any American knows that goes without saying.

So if your next door neighbor decided to fly a Swastika Flag on his property, you'd be totally cool with that?

no. but they'd have the right to do it, wouldn't they?

I wouldn't like it, but are you implying it should be illegal ?

No. But I would not restrict his right to do that on his own private property.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

So what would be the next flag you don't like that you want to outlaw? The "Skull and Cross Bones"? The Rainbow Flag?
Maybe some country's flag that you also don't like? Not your property, not your concern.

He said it to show that as a Black Man, not all Blacks hate the Confederate Flag....

Do you think he would have said it if he were white?

no. but they'd have the right to do it, wouldn't they?

Not in Germany, where Stat lives.

In Germany, it is illegal to fly a Swastika flag.

In America, your neighbors would probably get you to take it down, too.

So here's the question- is the Confederate Flag really the moral equivlent of the Swastika. A lot of blacks who aren't Uncle Toms like Ben Carson say, yes.

Damn Joe...you get more confused every day.

Comparing the swastika to the Confederate flag, is what a fool does.

Anyone could find any flag offensive.
Where do you draw the line?

Forum List

Back