🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Carson: Confederate flag can fly on private property

Carson: People can wave the Confederate Flag on private property - CNNPolitics.com

Ben Carson said Tuesday that he has no problem with people flying the Confederate flag -- as long as they do it on private property.

"As a general principle, people can do whatever they want on their private property -- that's one of the basic tenets of freedom in America," Carson said in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. "I am not opposed to anybody doing whatever they want to do on their private property."

I concur with Dr. Carson. What people do on their private property is their business. I don't care, nor do I need to care. Dr. Carson just had a lucid moment, I would say....

Discuss. What do you think?

Of course they can. What grounds would there be to forbid it in law? Some proud immigrant wants to fly the Mexico flag on Cinco De Mayo or even full-time, what cause is there to forbid it? What about the rattlesnake 'don't tread on me' US flag?

Fly whatever flag makes you happy. It's your window the brick may come through. :)

why is carson even raising this issue? it's not like anyone is claiming otherwise. typical rightwingnuttery.... make up a non-issue and run with it as if you're taking a stand.

CNN raised the issue, the interview posted was done right after the Charleston shooting.
Uhm, no. You are ignorant. He said it on Monday, 2 days ago. He did mention it after Charlestown, which the article points out, but the content is focused on what was said Monday.

Why are Righties so unbelievably ignorant?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

why is carson even raising this issue? it's not like anyone is claiming otherwise. typical rightwingnuttery.... make up a non-issue and run with it as if you're taking a stand.

CNN raised the issue, the interview posted was done right after the Charleston shooting.
Uhm, no. You are ignorant. He said it on Monday, 2 days ago. He did mention after Charlestown, which the article points out, but the content is focused on what was said Monday.

Did you bother to watch the video in the article? CNN is trying to play this off as a change in position, it was not.

He was probably asked. The libs are trying to bring him down.
I think Carson is the most dangerous one to them. A black man that isn't playing their game, that would take a lot of wind out of their sails.

no.

there have always been pet blacks. they were just called different names.
A pet black? That's exactly the point. The lefties are the racists.
And you, let's not forget about you. You are a racist.

I think Carson is the most dangerous one to them. A black man that isn't playing their game, that would take a lot of wind out of their sails.

no.

Standard PC Police operating procedure.

It's okay to call blacks who don't agree with them "pet blacks" or "Uncle Toms" or worse, but the other guy is the racist.

Sick stuff right there. No mirrors in the homes of the PC Police.

no.

It's okay to call blacks who don't agree with them "pet blacks" or "Uncle Toms" or worse, but the other guy is the racist.

Feel free to continue pretending, like that other idiot, that racism has a political orientation.

no.

Feel free to continue pretending, like that other idiot, that racism has a political orientation.
Racism does not, correct.

The PC Police absolutely do.

Feel free to continue pretending that isn't the case.

Uhm, no. You are ignorant. He said it on Monday, 2 days ago. He did mention after Charlestown, which the article points out, but the content is focused on what was said Monday.

Did you bother to watch the video in the article? CNN is trying to play this off as a change in position, it was not.
Yes, I did. And no, CNN is not doing that.

no.

Nobody pretended anything. Try to keep up, Highspeed. Conservatives have said all along the Democrats are the party of racism.

no.

Nobody pretended anything. Try to keep up, Highspeed. Conservatives have said all along the Democrats are the party of racism.
Conservatives? Who's talking about conservatives? I was talking about you right wing racist assholes, not conservatives.

He said it to show that as a Black Man, not all Blacks hate the Confederate Flag....

I suspect he was saying that he respects American expression of our constitutional rights regardless of how offensive he or any segment of society finds that expression to be.

Many Americans find the swastika offensive but it is anyone's right to fly that flag or defile their body with it.

Carson: People can wave the Confederate Flag on private property - CNNPolitics.com

Ben Carson said Tuesday that he has no problem with people flying the Confederate flag -- as long as they do it on private property.

"As a general principle, people can do whatever they want on their private property -- that's one of the basic tenets of freedom in America," Carson said in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. "I am not opposed to anybody doing whatever they want to do on their private property."

I concur with Dr. Carson. What people do on their private property is their business. I don't care, nor do I need to care. Dr. Carson just had a lucid moment, I would say....

"Dr. Carson just had a lucid moment, I would say...." Doesn't this statement eliminate him from being considered for president, that people look for him to have 'lucid moments' as opposed to his normal right-wing batshittery.

And I do agree to a point, people do have a right to fly a flag on their own property. But that also is not absolute. What about a flag that is 20ft x 20ft?

I'd like to see the reaction of people in an Arkansas neighborhood if someone were to fly the Iranian flag in their front yard.

It isn't a simple black and white.

"Dr. Carson just had a lucid moment, I would say...." Doesn't this statement eliminate him from being considered for president, that people look for him to have 'lucid moments' as opposed to his normal right-wing batshittery.

And I do agree to a point, people do have a right to fly a flag on their own property. But that also is not absolute. What about a flag that is 20ft x 20ft?

I'd like to see the reaction of people in an Arkansas neighborhood if someone were to fly the Iranian flag in their front yard.

It isn't a simple black and white.

A rare lucid comment coming from Dr Carson

Sometimes, he does get it

Yes, I did. And no, CNN is not doing that.

Did you notice the date of the poll presented in the video?

He said it to show that as a Black Man, not all Blacks hate the Confederate Flag....

I suspect he was saying that he respects American expression of our constitutional rights regardless of how offensive he or any segment of society finds that expression to be.

Many Americans find the swastika offensive but it is anyone's right to fly that flag or defile their body with it.

I love Ben Carson
He's trying to show what it should be like to be a human being (not black, white, Hispanic, gay.. etc.)
He has bad people working for him, however, trying to make money off his Children's Book and other things, but, he as a person, excellent

Forum List

Back