Carson Inaccurately Credits Thomas Jefferson With Writing Constitution

Republican presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson said in an interview that aired Sunday that Thomas Jefferson wrote the Constitution. But in reality, the founding father was the lead author of the Declaration of Independence.

It's not the first time Carson has gotten United States history wrong. As The Wall Street Journal previously flagged, Carson erroneously said the founding fathers had "no elected office experience."

Carson credited the nation's third President with writing the Constitution when he was asked who of the founding fathers stood out in an interview with C-SPAN as part of its "Road to the White House" series.

"I’m impressed by a lot of them, but particularly impressed with Thomas Jefferson, who seemed to have very deep insight into the way that people would react,” Carson said. “And he tried to craft our Constitution in a way that it would control people’s natural tendencies and control the natural growth of the government.”

Yikes, he really is dumber than Sarah Palin on history and policy issues.

All I can tell you is this: I just heard Sarah Palin interviewed on Mark Levin's Nov 18 podcast, and all I can say is that NOBODY is dumber than that broad.

Jefferson didn't even consider his part in the Constitution to be worthy of mention on his marker:

10wtun9.jpg
Nor his presidency.

Unfortunately the good Dr. seems to have caught a case of Obumaism... he simply can't remember shit, and when he does, it's usually wrongly remembered! Too bad, he was a decent man, BUT the job calls for someone with BALLS ... How the Obumanation ever made it is simply WHITE GUILT voting in a Halfrican!

Republican presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson said in an interview that aired Sunday that Thomas Jefferson wrote the Constitution. But in reality, the founding father was the lead author of the Declaration of Independence.

It's not the first time Carson has gotten United States history wrong. As The Wall Street Journal previously flagged, Carson erroneously said the founding fathers had "no elected office experience."

Carson credited the nation's third President with writing the Constitution when he was asked who of the founding fathers stood out in an interview with C-SPAN as part of its "Road to the White House" series.

"I’m impressed by a lot of them, but particularly impressed with Thomas Jefferson, who seemed to have very deep insight into the way that people would react,” Carson said. “And he tried to craft our Constitution in a way that it would control people’s natural tendencies and control the natural growth of the government.”

All I can tell you is this: I just heard Sarah Palin interviewed on Mark Levin's Nov 18 podcast, and all I can say is that NOBODY is dumber than that broad.
Algore?? According to him Florida should be underwater by now...

You must not be reading the left's comments on this forum

I seem to remember someone saying there were wmd's in Iraq.
He also said strategery instead strategy.
There was also a guy that said, when questioned about the Iran contra scandal "I don't remember"
Oh yeah then there was a president's father who was also president who lost his lunch on the lap of the Japanese prime minister.
Compared to those Obama's slip of the tongue doesn't even register on the fuck up scale.
obama's slip of the tongue? When HASN'T he lied to America? Now the asshole is blaming his intel community for not giving him an accurate picture of ISIS. He does nothing but lie and blame others for anything going wrong.

You also overlook Hillary's struggle with accuracy and truth. She lied all day long at the Benghazi hearings, which to liberals is a badge of honor.

Thanks for showing us how idiots see the world.

Trump is a liar and Carson is ignorant – behold the GOP's two top presidential candidates.

Trump is a liar and Carson is ignorant – behold the GOP's two top presidential candidates.
A liberal calling people liars and ignorant. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

That's hilarious!!

You can't make this shit up!!

Jefferson is recognized, along with John Adams as influential framers of the Constitution. You're on another wild goose chase
This is as ridiculous as it is wrong.

Conservatives look desperate and pathetic when they blindly defend a politician for no other reason than being a republican.

And when doing so conservatives come off just as ignorant and wrong as the politicians they attempt to defend.

Jefferson is recognized, along with John Adams as influential framers of the Constitution. You're on another wild goose chase

Conservatives look desperate and pathetic when they blindly defend a politician for no other reason than being a republican.

And when doing so conservatives come off just as ignorant and wrong as the politicians they attempt to defend.

Prove it's wrong, I won't wait, you're big on mouth and short on facts.....always

This has also even debunked. These news sources have zero credibility if they ever had any at all.

Jefferson was in France during the Constitutional Convention. He had some influence on the document, but probably would have been happier with the Articles of Confederation being revised than a whole new form of government created by the Constitution with more centralized power at the federal level.

Jefferson envisioned the United States as a nation of farmers, forever remaining a bit player on the world stage. A huge blind spot.
Oops! Carson's not actually wrong about Jefferson: David Mastio

"Saith the ACLU: "The American Bill of Rights, inspired by Jefferson and drafted by James Madison, was adopted, and in 1791 the Constitution's first 10 amendments became the law of the land."

The ACLU even quotes Jefferson's argument: "A bill of rights is what the people are entitled to against every government on earth, general or particular, and what no just government should refuse."

I seem to remember someone saying there were wmd's in Iraq.
He also said strategery instead strategy.
There was also a guy that said, when questioned about the Iran contra scandal "I don't remember"
Oh yeah then there was a president's father who was also president who lost his lunch on the lap of the Japanese prime minister.
Compared to those Obama's slip of the tongue doesn't even register on the fuck up scale.
obama's slip of the tongue? When HASN'T he lied to America? Now the asshole is blaming his intel community for not giving him an accurate picture of ISIS. He does nothing but lie and blame others for anything going wrong.

You also overlook Hillary's struggle with accuracy and truth. She lied all day long at the Benghazi hearings, which to liberals is a badge of honor.

Thanks for showing us how idiots see the world.
Why are you thanking me? your answer just proves my point.

That's hilarious!!

Really? All that's needed is to look at the make up of the so called conservatives in this country to realize CCJ is absolutely correct.

Prove it's wrong, I won't wait, you're big on mouth and short on facts.....always
It's on you to prove it correct.

That's hilarious!!

Really? All that's needed is to look at the make up of the so called conservatives in this country to realize CCJ is absolutely correct.

No he's wrong. Only an idiot would think otherwise.

That's hilarious!!

You just had to say something didn't you.

A YouTube video made him say it.

That's hilarious!!

You just had to say something didn't you.

If you didn't want a comment then you shouldn't have quoted me.

Forum List

Back