Casey Anthony

YOU are the jury. What's your thoughts so far?

• guilty.

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • not guilty.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • undecided.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whats the big deal about this case anyway? If this woman would of killed her child a few years earlier she would just had been exercising her "reproductive rights".

I spent 20 years in the military and I work in the defense industry (since I was on terminal leave), inspecting weapon systems that our troops use everyday. For over 22 years I have given to one and only one charity, the Navy and Marine Corps Relief Society. People like your dumb fucking ass are the reason you think this country if FUBAR. Go put your uniform on to celebrate the 4th, add the extra unearned medals and go pump up your "service". I know your type.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah buddy whatever you say. Just as you have, I understand gutless turds like yourself as well. You "inspected weapons systems", well supposedly. Anyway, you were a behind the lines jack off if that was even the case. You were hiding behind a fence or a tree trunk while you watched better men than you drive off to perish. Fuck you bro. Eat a big dick because that's the only language that liars like you can understand.

At the end of the day, you came at me first. If you truly were in the service, then I respect that. However, there are so many frauds these days. Also, think about what we are fighting about right now if that is the truth? ~BH

If it means anything, I personally know salt jones and every single thing he posted is true. I was stationed with him in a fighter squadron in Miramar for four years and know every squadron he went to after that. He retired a year after I did and came here just like me after he got his dd214. I know where he works now and I repeat, every single thing he said above is true.

Just saying.

Let me guess, you also served with GayBikerSailor. :suck:

If 'beyond a reasonable doubt' was not there, then the jury got it right.

The verdict is in and that's it.

And, to the question - I imagine that juries can get it wrong and have gotten it wrong. But, my observations over the years lead me to believe that juries get it right most of the time.

Last edited:
So, the great American jury has fucked it up again. Why do we always say the jury system is so great?

I don't know.

I am a lawyer and I have tried cases to juries. I have talked to jurors afterwards. What I have heard has scared me.

For instance, I lost a case, personal injury, I was defending. Ladies on the jury tell me, "your client wasn't negligent, but we thought she (plaintiff) was real nice." Right... facts be damned, you awarded her all that money because she was "real nice"...

I won a case, personal injury. Again, I was defending. Facts weren't so great for my side, actually -- plaintiff could have easily won. Again, I talk to jurors. They tell me "she was such a bitch" so they denied her money. OK, again, facts be damned.

It's like all these people thought the jury trial was about "who they like" and "who they don't"... the mental level of a 9-year-old, or something. They couldn't focus on the basic question before them: "You are here to decide if the defendant, Blank Corp., was negligent. Negligence is defined as blah blah." Etc. Nope, tuned it all out.

Are American juries too stupid to be trusted? Should we switch to professional juries? Do juries really tend to get it right more often than not?

Well the jury did not find her innocent because they liked her. She was not likeable.

The prosecution, much to my dismay, failed (1) to make the jury understand the concept of circumstantial evidence in our jurisprudence and (2) to convince the jury that circumstantially the evidence beyond reasonable doubt pointed out that Casey was the guilty one.

No justice for the baby, but there it is.

The prosecution, much to my dismay, failed (1) to make the jury understand the concept of circumstantial evidence in our jurisprudence and (2) to convince the jury that circumstantially the evidence beyond reasonable doubt pointed out that Casey was the guilty one.

Judge Allows Civil Case Brought by 'Baby Sitter' Against Casey Anthony to Proceed

ORLANDO, Fla. — A judge is allowing a civil lawsuit to proceed, for now, against a Florida mother charged with killing her toddler daughter last year.

Attorneys for Casey Anthony had asked the Orlando judge on Tuesday to dismiss the lawsuit filed by Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez.

Fernandez-Gonzalez claims Anthony defamed her when she told police that her daughter, Caylee, had been kidnapped by a nanny named Zenaida Gonzalez.

The lawsuit asks for money from lost wages, and on Tuesday the judge let lawyers amend the complaint to also add punitive damages.

Caylee was 2 years old when she vanished last June. Her mother, Casey Anthony, has been charged with first-degree murder and has pleaded not guilty.

Judge Allows Civil Case Brought by 'Baby Sitter' Against Casey Anthony to Proceed - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

How this turns out may answer whether the murderer be allowed to exploit Caylee and benefit from the notoriety of her trial. Zanny the nanny will be allowed money and punitive damages.

Ahhhhh, some sanity hidden in the hysteria.

Judge Allows Civil Case Brought by 'Baby Sitter' Against Casey Anthony to Proceed

ORLANDO, Fla. — A judge is allowing a civil lawsuit to proceed, for now, against a Florida mother charged with killing her toddler daughter last year.

Attorneys for Casey Anthony had asked the Orlando judge on Tuesday to dismiss the lawsuit filed by Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez.

Fernandez-Gonzalez claims Anthony defamed her when she told police that her daughter, Caylee, had been kidnapped by a nanny named Zenaida Gonzalez.

The lawsuit asks for money from lost wages, and on Tuesday the judge let lawyers amend the complaint to also add punitive damages.

Caylee was 2 years old when she vanished last June. Her mother, Casey Anthony, has been charged with first-degree murder and has pleaded not guilty.

Judge Allows Civil Case Brought by 'Baby Sitter' Against Casey Anthony to Proceed - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

How this turns out may answer whether the murderer be allowed to exploit Caylee and benefit from the notoriety of her trial. Zanny the nanny will be allowed money and punitive damages.

She was found 'not guilty'.... that means she's not 'the murderer'.

She was found 'not guilty'.... that means she's not 'the murderer'.

:lol: Oh ok..

So, the great American jury has fucked it up again. Why do we always say the jury system is so great?

I don't know.

I am a lawyer and I have tried cases to juries. I have talked to jurors afterwards. What I have heard has scared me.

For instance, I lost a case, personal injury, I was defending. Ladies on the jury tell me, "your client wasn't negligent, but we thought she (plaintiff) was real nice." Right... facts be damned, you awarded her all that money because she was "real nice"...

I won a case, personal injury. Again, I was defending. Facts weren't so great for my side, actually -- plaintiff could have easily won. Again, I talk to jurors. They tell me "she was such a bitch" so they denied her money. OK, again, facts be damned.

It's like all these people thought the jury trial was about "who they like" and "who they don't"... the mental level of a 9-year-old, or something. They couldn't focus on the basic question before them: "You are here to decide if the defendant, Blank Corp., was negligent. Negligence is defined as blah blah." Etc. Nope, tuned it all out.

Are American juries too stupid to be trusted? Should we switch to professional juries? Do juries really tend to get it right more often than not?

You're not a 'lawyer', you're an ambulance chaser.

And, no, juries are not stupid.... individuals on a jury might be.

Those of us who have no dog in the hunt in this case - say that maybe the lawyers need to do their fucking jobs better.

Juror number 11, the foreman, openly stated "I have a hard time handing out the death sentence. Juror number 4 "I have a hard time judging people."

Yep. Juries get it wrong and so do the attornies.

There are problems with juries mainly because those that are better equipped to actually be on a jury can and do easily get out of the requirement to do so. There is also a difference in lawyers though likely not the case here but defiantly an issue in the OJ trial. What do you thing a prosecutor makes vs. a defense attorney? Now tell me where you think the best attorneys are…

I can agree with much of the board here though in that the prosecutor should not have gone for the murder 1 and should have had a charge of criminal child neglect. There was more than enough evidence for the child neglect. I do think that she was guilty as sin though and it is a sad day to see jusctice go like that. Sad indeed.

this trial was not at all like oj's...there was no fuck up on the prosecutions part....there was no great defense lawyer....like johnny and the boys......we can question the jurors to hell and back...it is over.....how did someone so guilty to us....look innocent to a jury....she didnt...but again....just because she is a liar does not make her a murder.....this will be one of the unsolved murders of our lifetimes....but in all fairness look at the jon benet murder...everyone was so sure it was the mother....and it turns out now it most likely was not the mother....i would rather have a trial with 12 jurors than a trial determined by public opinion.....we all knew chandra levy's killer...till he was found years later.....

I don't know.

You Prefer Media Driven Lynch Mobs?...

Gut Feelings about how Trashy someone is in Regard to a Missing/Dead Child is not a Basis for System of Law.

If it was so Obvious that she Killed her Daughter then the Prosecution shouldn't have had an Issue Proving it.

It's better she go Free than someone be Wrongfully Executed because the Media has Decided to Convince everyone that someone is Guilty before a Jury has Decided.

Just my 2 cents.

And there are PLENTY of Dead Kids in this Country that nobody gives 2 shits and a fuck about how they Died...

The Media told you all to Care about this, so you did.

:)

peace...

I don't know.

You Prefer Media Driven Lynch Mobs?...

Gut Feelings about how Trashy someone is in Regard to a Missing/Dead Child is not a Basis for System of Law.

If it was so Obvious that she Killed her Daughter then the Prosecution shouldn't have had an Issue Proving it.

It's better she go Free than someone be Wrongfully Executed because the Media has Decided to Convince everyone that someone is Guilty before a Jury has Decided.

Just my 2 cents.

And there are PLENTY of Dead Kids in this Country that nobody gives 2 shits and a fuck about how they Died...

The Media told you all to Care about this, so you did.

:)

peace...

That's just bull. You know what made me sit up and take notice? The 9-11 call. "Somethings wrong! I can find my grandaughter, I finally found my daughter and the car but I can't find my grandaughter Caylee. Something's wrong I found the car and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car. But all that matter not a jot now, her monster mom has been set free and we can nver try anyone else cause we don't know how she died. so say the jury.. which was made up of people who "find it hard to judge people" and who "will find it hard to give the death penalty. The blame lies with the jury and the lawyers who agreed to let them sit on that jury. They had their ears plugged up. Now I hope I'm done.

They should have injected her with sodium pentathol. Harmless for her, and we'd know what happened to Little Caylee.

Any company, group, or entity that gives her monetary gain from the death of her daughter needs to be boycotted and made an example of. There is no way that this woman should become rich from the death of a little girl that she forgot about for over a month. Just saying...

Forum List

Back