Catholicism keeps me sane in a crazy world

The world is crazy, but I know the answers to the most important questions, and that keeps me from going insane.

This is an important outlook. Indeed the world is insane and there's a comfort in the belief in something beyond our little orbit.

i left Catholicism when in catacism class when i asked if i should bring a bible the priest said no....i will tell you everything you need to know.....and then danced around questions....

Yeah, I'm a recovering Catholic myself.

¿Recovering?

Growing up in Boston, Sunday School was pretty much a requirement. I still went to church a lot in my late teens and early 20s when I moved out, but when I started logically questioning everything I had been told throughout my childhood I began to realize how little sense it really made.

Any concrete example what you was logically questioning and which conclusion brought you in this context to the result that your catholic education was nearly senseless for you?
Any concrete example what you was logically questioning and which conclusion brought you in this context to the result that your catholic education was nearly senseless for you?
the realization people have when they recognize the bible is not only a book of forgeries and fallacies but an underlying work of deliberate deception.

Then it's perhaps the best for you to throw the bible into the next waste paper basket. It seems not to be able to help you to read textes when you are the same time convinced this textes are written on the intention to produce a deception.
I once found a bible at my house. I had no idea how it got there. So I threw it out.
God put it there.
Instead of send me a book (which is a dumb concept), why doesn't he just explain the whole thing to me personally?

You just simple don't listen, that's all.

Instead of send me a book (which is a dumb concept), why doesn't he just explain the whole thing to me personally?
Had you read the book, you would have seen the passage where God's law is written on everyone's heart. The Bible is more people interacting with God's laws and what they learned from living the laws of God (or not living the laws of God). Commentary.
I've read the book, went to a Catholic private school run by priests, catechism classes... I never saw a connection to god through that book, because it doesn't make any sense, given what science has taught us.

You never had anything to do with Catholics. We love philosophy and science. Science is "supergeil"(=supergay).

Go back to your oven you idiot, and close the door behind you.

You know since a long time very well, Nazi, that I am a German with also Jewish ancestors. So what you say here is in reality not covered from the value "to say ones own free opinion" - what you say here is a crime, which is similar to personal injury and stalking, Nazi. And if I am right then god will ask you one day something - and then I'm really interested how you like to explain god what you are doing on what reason.

Last edited:
What I have is a faith so strong that it has kept me going through even the darkest bouts of despair.

I wanted to die, I wished for death, but even then I knew God loved me.
Every christian understands that. It isnt unique to Catholicism

Then explain to me please what you understand. I understood that someone has perhaps depressions from time to time, so it could be good for him to go to a doctor. We are the religion of life - of joyful life.

Last edited:
I've read the book, went to a Catholic private school run by priests, catechism classes... I never saw a connection to god through that book, because it doesn't make any sense, given what science has taught us.
The Bible is not a science book. Nor is science a book of morals, philosophies, or history. Reading the Bible as a Science Book will get you about as far as reading a novel as a math book.
So it's a book of fiction according to you. So why would I follow a admitted book of fiction?

BTW, hard core believers think that the bible IS a science book.

i left Catholicism when in catacism class when i asked if i should bring a bible the priest said no....i will tell you everything you need to know.....and then danced around questions....

¿Recovering?

Growing up in Boston, Sunday School was pretty much a requirement. I still went to church a lot in my late teens and early 20s when I moved out, but when I started logically questioning everything I had been told throughout my childhood I began to realize how little sense it really made.

the realization people have when they recognize the bible is not only a book of forgeries and fallacies but an underlying work of deliberate deception.

Then it's perhaps the best for you to throw the bible into the next waste paper basket. It seems not to be able to help you to read textes when you are the same time convinced this textes are written on the intention to produce a deception.
I once found a bible at my house. I had no idea how it got there. So I threw it out.
God put it there.

Had you read the book, you would have seen the passage where God's law is written on everyone's heart. The Bible is more people interacting with God's laws and what they learned from living the laws of God (or not living the laws of God). Commentary.

You never had anything to do with Catholics. We love philosophy and science. Science is "supergeil"(=supergay).

You know since a long time very well, Nazi, that I am a German with also Jewish ancestors. So what you say here is in reality not covered from the value "to say ones own free opinion" - what you say here is a crime, which is similar to personal injury and stalking, Nazi. And if I am right then god will ask you one day something - and then I'm really interested how you like to explain god what you are doing on what reason.

God's first going to have to explain to ME why he makes deformed and retarded babies who live in constant pain. And why he let the Holocaust happen. Does he not like Jews either?

¿Recovering?

God put it there.

God's first going to have to explain to ME why he makes deformed and retarded babies who live in constant pain. And why he let the Holocaust happen. Does he not like Jews either?

You must be special or something.

Are you going to make God answer to you for male pattern baldness too?

:abgg2q.jpg:

¿Recovering?

God put it there.

He's going to have to answer my questions. Do you think I'd get straight answers? Or would he hand me a book of fiction?

So it's a book of fiction according to you. So why would I follow a admitted book of fiction?

According to me, the Bible is a book of truths, not written in the form of a science textbook. What the Bible can be most accurately likened to is a book of philosophies followed by accounts of people who followed these philosophies.

A science book does not discuss what one should do if his neighbor sues him, what to do with an extra coat, or how we should treat our fellow man. It is wonderful that science tells us about the world we live in, but it says nothing about how we should live our lives in this world.

There are not as many "hard core" as you seem to be indicating. This tells us only that they have little knowledge about this planet where we live, but may also be an indication they still have a strong belief/knowledge on how to live a good life on this planet.

Would you answer His questions?

What was your attitude towards the imperfect being born into an imperfect world? How did your railing at me help or even comfort them or those who love them? Why are you not able to love or think well of anything you judge as ill or deformed?

According to me, the Bible is a book of truths, not written in the form of a science textbook. What the Bible can be most accurately likened to is a book of philosophies followed by accounts of people who followed these philosophies.

A science book does not discuss what one should do if his neighbor sues him, what to do with an extra coat, or how we should treat our fellow man. It is wonderful that science tells us about the world we live in, but it says nothing about how we should live our lives in this world.

There are not as many "hard core" as you seem to be indicating. This tells us only that they have little knowledge about this planet where we live, but may also be an indication they still have a strong belief/knowledge on how to live a good life on this planet.
Ok, it's a book of philosophy, I can agree with that. So to you, the flood, the virgin birth, the parting of the Red Sea... never happened?

The world is crazy, but I know the answers to the most important questions, and that keeps me from going insane.
Woden and Thor keep me sane.

My mission is simple. Kill all my foes in glorious victory on the battle field, and die trying and have the Valkyrie carry me to Valhalla.

Dead commies or Valhalla. Either way, I win.

:beer:

¿Recovering?

God put it there.

I am not "deformed" and I am not "retarded". You are. Nazism is one of the most cruel self-mutiliations of the own soul. And the babies, which you call deformed and retarded in your darwinistic view to the world, have to be protected from Nazi murderers and the cruel ideas of Nazis like you about life not worth to live.

Last edited:
... He's going to have to answer my questions. Do you think I'd get straight answers? Or would he hand me a book of fiction?

The answer to your not really existing question is simple: You will die - within the next seconds or the next decades. And do you think you will see His eye smiling, when you try to come "home" into the inferno of your current life, where you continously hurt everyone who tries to speak with you as if you would be a normal human being like everyone else, Nazi? Your only hope is that there is no life after your death - but no one is able to give you a guarantee that this will be so for you.

Last edited:
... He's going to have to answer my questions. Do you think I'd get straight answers? Or would he hand me a book of fiction?

The answer to your not really existing question is simple: You will die - within the next seconds or the next decades. And do you think you will see His eye smiling, when you try to come "home" into the inferno of your current life, where you continously hurt everyone who tries to speak with you as if you would be a normal human being like everyone else, Nazi? Your only hope is that there is no life after your death - but no one is able to give you a guarantee that this will be so for you.

Shut your oven door, you loud mouthed imbecile.

¿Recovering?

God put it there.

He's going to have to answer my questions. Do you think I'd get straight answers? Or would he hand me a book of fiction?

I believe you have supreme courage now.

That won’t be the case then.

Shut your oven door, you loud mouthed imbecile.

You call blacks people chimps.

You make stupid arguments.

It’s sad that this is how you find happiness.

• Funny
Reactions: Taz

¿Recovering?

God put it there.

Why? Are you scared of god?

¿Recovering?

God put it there.

Who wouldn't be?

I don't believe you have thought it through.

Just like you haven't thought through calling black people chimps and making stupid arguments and finding happiness from those things.

¿Recovering?

God put it there.

Who wouldn't be?

I don't believe you have thought it through.

Just like you haven't thought through calling black people chimps and making stupid arguments and finding happiness from those things.

It comes from the word "chimpout". When Blacks go on a rampage and loot and burn down their own neighbourhoods.

I'm not afraid of god, that would mean that I'm afraid to die and face his wrath. I'm not, i have some things that he needs to explain to me.

Forum List

Back