Catholics who think abortion should be legal are relying too much on God's mercy...

They won't get it.

It doesn't matter what they think. As long as they do not have one, then what they think is irrelevant even in the world of Jesus.
Wrong. A Catholic has a duty to act according to his faith all seven days of the week. Catholic politicians and judges who support the legalized abortion view are in violation of their Catholic faith, are disobedient to God, and they have no excuse of being ignorant that a non-Catholic might assert. When they meet Jesus Christ at their Judgement, they will be found wanting.

They won't get it.

It doesn't matter what they think. As long as they do not have one, then what they think is irrelevant even in the world of Jesus.
Wrong. A Catholic has a duty to act according to his faith all seven days of the week. Catholic politicians and judges who support the legalized abortion view are in violation of their Catholic faith, are disobedient to God, and they have no excuse of being ignorant that a non-Catholic might assert. When they meet Jesus Christ at their Judgement, they will be found wanting.

Again "acting" is not "thinking". If "thinking" a certain way were a sin, nobody would ever go to heaven. :funnyface:

Also, Catholics who vote for politicians who advocate for legal abortion are also in violation of the Catholic faith.

Non-Catholics may get a pass, because they don't have the wisdom of the Catholic Church to guide them on the abortion issue.

There can be no excuse for Catholics.

They won't get it.

Again "acting" is not "thinking". If "thinking" a certain way were a sin, nobody would ever go to heaven. :funnyface:
"Thinking" can be a sin. Read the Gospels, you will see that Jesus expanded the Fifth Commandment not to kill to include hateful thoughts towards others.

They won't get it.
Are you really dictating who will and won't receive Gods Mercy?? Isn't that on its own a sin?
Perhaps. Or perhaps I am warning my fellow Catholics who are "pro-choice" of the grave peril they are in putting their souls in a state of mortal sin. And wouldn't that be a good thing? Would it be virtuous to allow my fellow Catholics to go to hell without even an attempt by me to save them?

They won't get it.
Are you really dictating who will and won't receive Gods Mercy?? Isn't that on its own a sin?
Perhaps. Or perhaps I am warning my fellow Catholics who are "pro-choice" of the grave peril they are in putting their souls in a state of mortal sin. And wouldn't that be a good thing? Would it be virtuous to allow my fellow Catholics to go to hell without even an attempt by me to save them?
If you were doing that then you can say so with your words. "Abortion goes against the word of God and teachings of Jesus, I am worried for your souls" that would do the trick. Don't presume to know or dictate who is deserving of God's mercy or not.

They won't get it.
If you were doing that then you can say so with your words. "Abortion goes against the word of God and teachings of Jesus, I am worried for your souls" that would do the trick. Don't presume to know or dictate who is deserving of God's mercy or not.
I don't mince words, and the Catholic Church used to not mince words either. Catholicism was a fighting religion, but Vatican II knocked the fight out if. Now, every Sunday we hear the same boring sermon that God wants us to be "nice" to people, as if somehow that's good enough. The Catholic Church needs to go back to kicking ass and taking names, and what that means is calling a spade a spade. Have an abortion, go to hell. Support legal abortion, go to hell. The Church should back it up with ex-communications. Enough of this bullshit, souls are being lost to the devil and nothing is being done to stop it.

They won't get it.
I don't mince words, and the Catholic Church used to not mince words either. Catholicism was a fighting religion, but Vatican II knocked the fight out if. Now, every Sunday we hear the same boring sermon that God wants us to be "nice" to people, as if somehow that's good enough. The Catholic Church needs to go back to kicking ass and taking names, and what that means is calling a spade a spade. Have an abortion, go to hell. Support legal abortion, go to hell. The Church should back it up with ex-communications. Enough of this bullshit, souls are being lost to the devil and nothing is being done to stop it.
Yeah, cause Jesus was the first samurai... Do you really think people believe you when you tell them they are going to hell? Get a clue

It is a medical privacy issue. No one has a right to know of interfere in a woman's medical treatment or choices about her body.
She cannot be forced to to carry a fetus till the last trimester but if there are medical reason the pregnancy can be terminated when her health make the pregnancy a problem for her care and needs.

If it is a moral issue for you, don't' get an abortion. For those of other faiths and situations, they have a legal option to choose what is best for them.

Rowe/wade is based on medical privacy and that will not change. Medical records, visits with doctor and treatment are not subject to public knowledge.

None of anyone's business except the woman.

If you don't have a right to know, you don't have a right to judge.

If you disapprove, that is your choice for yourself alone.

Many religions permit or have no opinion on abortion. in this country we have a separation between church and state. Religion is a personal choice, it does not set our laws. Even in catholic Italy abortion have been legal for 40 yrs, except in vatican city. Legal in most of the world except south american and a couple of other countries.

It is a medical privacy issue. No one has a right to know of interfere in a woman's medical treatment or choices about her body.
She cannot be forced to to carry a fetus till the last trimester but if there are medical reason the pregnancy can be terminated when her health make the pregnancy a problem for her care and needs.

If it is a moral issue for you, don't' get an abortion. For those of other faiths and situations, they have a legal option to choose what is best for them.

Rowe/wade is based on medical privacy and that will not change. Medical records, visits with doctor and treatment are not subject to public knowledge.

Many religions permit or have no opinion on abortion. in this country we have a separation between church and state. Religion is a personal choice, it does not set our laws. Even in catholic Italy abortion have been legal for 40 yrs, except in vatican city. Legal in most of the world except south american and a couple of other countries.
These are all the usual bullshit arguments for legalized abortion but please explain why you need to chop up and kill 3000 unborn babies a day, and sell their body parts to science. Every time you get on this forum and spread this nonsense you put the moral burden of all those murders on your soul, since those who advocate for a murder are just as guilty as those who commit the murder, or procure it. Your soul is in a state of mortal sin, and if you die without repenting your sin, you will certainly go to hell for all eternity. You need to repent, and then your penance will be to spend the rest of your life telling people why abortion is morally wrong and should not be legal. The sooner you get on this, the better for you. Your debt is enormous, in the Charles Dicken's story A Christmas Carol, you have built a chain miles long and you add more links every day.

These are all the usual bullshit arguments for legalized abortion but please explain why you need to chop up and kill 3000 unborn babies a day, and sell their body parts to science. Every time you get on this forum and spread this nonsense you put the moral burden of all those murders on your soul, since those who advocate for a murder are just as guilty as those who commit the murder, or procure it. Your soul is in a state of mortal sin, and if you die without repenting your sin, you will certainly go to hell for all eternity. You need to repent, and then your penance will be to spend the rest of your life telling people why abortion is morally wrong and should not be legal. The sooner you get on this, the better for you. Your debt is enormous, in the Charles Dicken's story A Christmas Carol, you have built a chain miles long and you add more links every day.
Man, you gotta stop drinking the coolaid if you want people to take you seriously. You can make a much better argument than the "your going to hell" talk. It means nothing to people who do not believe in the teachings of the Bible

Man, you gotta stop drinking the coolaid if you want people to take you seriously. You can make a much better argument than the "your going to hell" talk. It means nothing to people who do not believe in the teachings of the Bible
In case you didn't notice, this thread is directed at Catholics, not "people who do not believe in the teachings of the Bible."

People who do not believe in the teachings of the Bible cannot be saved, no matter what I say or do. I'm not even trying to save you. And that's because your sins will not be forgiven.

So shove off and find your own thread to act all bitchy in.

Forum List

Back