CDC: Accidental car deaths 2013...35,369. Accidental gun deaths 2013...505.

Sorry if I got off topic. I was distracted by the NRA ad that appears between your post and where I am typing. They want me to join right away so that I am insure my gun rights. Oddly enough, I feel no need to insure my gun rights.

But, no, I get it. The solution to gun deaths is more guns. I've heard it all before. Kind of like the solution to poverty is not to raise the minimum wage.

guns-vs-car-deaths.jpg

60% of gun deaths are suicides

Is that something to be proud of?

I've never been afraid of a man with a car

A man with a gun is another story

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Accidental discharge of firearms (W32-W34)

Under 1--(3) 1-4 ( 27) 5-14 (39)

Funny, but the CDC data puts the accidental gun death rate of children well under 194 for 2013......but they are only a government gun grabbing group....mother jones is a private sector gun grabbing group.....

for 2013 that would be a total of 69 children killed in accidental gun deaths.....

All accidental gun deaths 505.....

Directly from the CDC....for 2013 so.......mother jones is lying...they cannot be trusted because they hate guns and see getting rid of guns as a noble crusade and lying to achieve it a noble means to a noble end.....

Last edited:
Sorry if I got off topic. I was distracted by the NRA ad that appears between your post and where I am typing. They want me to join right away so that I am insure my gun rights. Oddly enough, I feel no need to insure my gun rights.

But, no, I get it. The solution to gun deaths is more guns. I've heard it all before. Kind of like the solution to poverty is not to raise the minimum wage.

And yet there are more guns than ever, and gun murders, gun robbery, gun assaults and gun accidents are all on the decline.

More guns, less gun crime.

Don't take my word for it...read Fackcheck.org

fackcheck guns.jpg

Gun Rhetoric vs. Gun Facts

When are you people going to get it? Comparing cars and guns is a logical fallacy. It is a false analogy. You absolutely do not convince anyone who may be anti-gun with this argument because it has no strength. Guns and cars are not analogous in any way.
So you disagree with people who argue that since we require a license to drive a car, we should require a license to own a gun. Very good.
Cars have a valid, real, and useful purpose in life.
Guns are meant to destroy or kill.
Funny how you do not understand that killing someone is a valid purpose for a gun.

no.....it is the truth....and people can commit suicide without guns...which they do in Japan and South Korea....

We are not Japan or Korea

We do not appreciate dying from a knife slicing through your gut

But we do love our guns. Quick and painless as a bullet flys through your brain. Remove the guns and we would not substitute hair Kari

Funny.....but more Americans are buying and carrying guns...and guess what...gun murder is going down....not up.....according to the FBI and the CDC....and accidental gun deaths are going down, not up according to the cdc.....

so you are wrong...as more people own guns legally, they get more training and teach others how to use guns safely....making people safer around guns...

But guys like you keep gun safety programs out of grade schools.....programs that would save the lives of children....because a dead child because of a gun helps promote your cause...fewer children dying from guns...hurts your cause.....

no.....it is the truth....and people can commit suicide without guns...which they do in Japan and South Korea....

We are not Japan or Korea

We do not appreciate dying from a knife slicing through your gut

But we do love our guns. Quick and painless as a bullet flys through your brain. Remove the guns and we would not substitute hair Kari

Talk about a racist stereo type.....in Japan they jump in front of trains or vehicles or off of buildings, they also use chemicals......and it is called Hara Kiri....cutting the Hara, or the center......

Dear little corksmoker, I have owned guns for longer than you have been alive. And I have seen enough careless gun owners, and enough marketing of guns only good for killing humans
Oh look... an anti-gun loon, parroting mindless anti-gun propaganda.
This nation has far too many guns...
You know it is impossible for you to show that this is true.

And again...the purpose of a gun is not to kill. The purpose of a gun is to save the life of the individual using it....since most cases of self defense with a gun in the United States don't even require that the gun be fired......the criminal is driven off without a shot fired, no one injured or killed........

Funny.....but more Americans are buying and carrying guns...and guess what...gun murder is going down....not up.....according to the FBI and the CDC....and accidental gun deaths are going down, not up according to the cdc.....

so you are wrong...as more people own guns legally, they get more training and teach others how to use guns safely....making people safer around guns...

But guys like you keep gun safety programs out of grade schools.....programs that would save the lives of children....because a dead child because of a gun helps promote your cause...fewer children dying from guns...hurts your cause.....

If gun ownership is actually up, and that is a big if. Then it's probably only been increasing the last year or two. It will be interesting to see 2014 numbers.

And again...the purpose of a gun is not to kill. The purpose of a gun is to save the life of the individual using it....since most cases of self defense with a gun in the United States don't even require that the gun be fired......the criminal is driven off without a shot fired, no one injured or killed........

Strange that guns by far take the life of the owner more than anyone else.

And yet there are more guns than ever, and gun murders, gun robbery, gun assaults and gun accidents are all on the decline.

More guns, less gun crime.

Don't take my word for it...read Fackcheck.org

View attachment 40766

Gun Rhetoric vs. Gun Facts
Gun homicides are down nationwide over the last twenty years whether there are tight gun laws or no gun laws

Has more to do with the end of the crack wars of the 90s than any legislation

Guns are bought to kill quickly and effectively. The more lethal, the more cherished

Strange that guns by far take the life of the owner more than anyone else.

not true....and you know it....suicides don't count so that is the only way you can stack that number....accidental gun deaths for 2013....505.......

Forum List

Back